Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Chadic Group Of Languages. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chadic Group Of Languages. (3689 Views)

Number Of Languages By Country / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by Winters22: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hati13:

I only know Hausa from Chadic family language. Others seems to provide you with sufficient info. Wish you the best in your paper.

thanks. God bless.
Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by Olu317(m): 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
YourNemesis:

He said CHADIC people, Borgu bawo?
My bad, because I thought he deviated slightly when he asked about different people,who settled down as citizens in Bénin Republic, which was the reason I told him about Borgu people,which is true, because, some of them were grouped alongside citizens of Bénin. One can see them through link from Kwara axis bordering Bénin.. Although, they are aren't Chadic but are Niger–Congo grouped. If he meant, other Chadic language speakers, I have no knowledge of such ,except more research are done,which was the reason ,I advised him to visit the place and the site I gave him. Even Nigèr citizens settled down in Bénin Republic, due to Francophone affinity. This is a country I had visited and lived at one time. The ethnologue of Bénin ,will help him a little.
Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by Winters22: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
embarassed
Olu317:
My bad, because I thought he deviated slightly when he asked about different people,who settled down as citizens in Bénin Republic, which was the reason I told him about Borgu people,which is true, because, some of them were grouped alongside citizens of Bénin. One can see them through link from Kwara axis bordering Bénin.. Although, they are aren't Chadic but are Niger–Congo grouped. If he meant, other Chadic language speakers, I have no knowledge of such ,except more research are done,which was the reason ,I advised him to visit the place and the site I gave him. Even Nigèr citizens settled down in Bénin Republic, due to Francophone affinity. This is a country I had visited and lived at one time. The ethnologue of Bénin ,will help him a little.
Please I am a She/Her
Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by YourNemesis: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Olu317:

Alright.
Yes there are many Nigeriens in Benin. Burkinabe too. Majority of Baribas are actually in Benin, the part in Nigeria seems to be the minor portion.

1 Like

Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by Olu317(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Winters22:
embarassed
Please I am a She/Her
Pardon my error. I had thought you were a ‘he', until now. But do some of us who engage mostly male folks on NL, a favour by acknowledging your gender status, so that my/some else's mistake in this regard,won't occur next time.

Cheers
Re: Chadic Group Of Languages. by Olu317(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
YourNemesis:

Alright.
Yes there are many Nigeriens in Benin. Burkinabe too. Majority of Baribas are actually in Benin, the part in Nigeria seems to be the minor portion.
Yeah, so it seems but they also spill over to Niger state, Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbe Aye Wale Dada Gege Bi Oniroyin / Men That Are Feminine — How Do You See Them(photo) / Olokun (yoruba: Olókun, Known As Olocún In Latin America) Festival 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.