Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers (1863 Views)

Grahics Designers Let's Gather And Educate Ourselves / Continuing Education For Graphics Designers In Lagos State / Help!!!graphics Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 8:45am On May 29, 2018
Greetings to all graphics designers in the house. I intend creating this thread for we to share our challenges, the challenges we face in the job either with clients, our environment or even our graphical instrument.

I as a person [freelancer] I face some challenges with clients most times with billings, there are some I did job for they end up not paying or paying half. my biggest of all is trust, I trust my clients easily believing some of them are responsible... I usually send them samples of their job without water marking them. some bad eggs will just make use of it for the purpose they needed it for and stop responding to your messages.

The one I found disturbing... I realized some clients will contact you for a job, the same job they've contacted like 5 different designers for at same, after you've might shown them your previous work they'll give you go ahead and same thing to the other designers, at end you'll exhaust your energy and time doing the job... then they'll start giving you excuses and your time wasted.

please our clients if you're awarding a job, make sure you award it to one designer, if you're not satisfy with the person job let him know, if you don't want him to continue with your job let him know. Graphics consumes a lot of time and brain work...

Let's share our challenges
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by TaiKuun(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2018
Offpoint:
Greetings to all graphics designers in the house. I intend creating this thread for we to share our challenges, the challenges we face in the job either with clients, our environment or even our graphical instrument.

I as a person [freelancer] I face some challenges with clients most times with billings, there are some I did job for they end up not paying or paying half. my biggest of all is trust, I trust my clients easily believing some of them are responsible... I usually send them samples of their job without water marking them. some bad eggs will just make use of it for the purpose they needed it for and stop responding to your messages.

The one I found disturbing... I realized some clients will contact you for a job, the same job they've contacted like 5 different designers for at same, after you've might shown them your previous work they'll give you go ahead and same thing to the other designers, at end you'll exhaust your energy and time doing the job... then they'll start giving you excuses and your time wasted.

please our clients if you're awarding a job, make sure you award it to one designer, if you're not satisfy with the person job let him know, if you don't want him to continue with your job let him know. Graphics consumes a lot of time and brain work...

I have been doing this job for 10 years and these things never happened to me. My biggest challenge however, is picking clients, because I refuse to work with some. I also have a taste for clients, too.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 11:47am On May 31, 2018
TaiKuun:
I have been doing this job for 10 years and these things never happened to me. My biggest challenge however, is picking clients, because I refuse to work with some. I also have a taste for clients, too.

I guess you've been lucky, I don't have problem with the clients I met one on one. most of my challenges are from those I met on the internet.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by TaiKuun(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Offpoint:

I guess you've been lucky, I don't have problem with the clients I met one on one. most of my challenges are from those I met on the internet.

it depends. it is how you package yourself. consider the following;
1. having an up-to-date website
2. having a dedicated facebook page.
3. always insist on at least 50% upfront before laying your hands on any job
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by geoinvestor(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

How do you get client as a graphic designer?
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
geoinvestor:
How do you get client as a graphic designer?

1. Be good at what you do
2. Have a good profolio
3. If you've execute a good job, you'll get recommendations
4. Make use of your social media handles to promote and advertise yourself
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by geoinvestor(m): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

1. Be good at what you do
2. Have a good profolio
3. If you've execute a good job, you'll get recommendations
4. Make use of your social media handles to promote and advertise yourself
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Can you lay more emphasis on "promoting my business on social media?" How do I market myself on social media to get clients?
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
geoinvestor:
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Can you lay more emphasis on "promoting my business on social media?" How do I market myself on social media to get clients?
Like I say earlier, you need a good profolio

if you're active on fb, insta, whatsapp, twitter and CO...

Create a fb page, add all of your friends, post your work, beg your close friends to also help you in promoting, tell them what you do Incase they need such service...
Do same on the rest of your social media handles...

Remember your job most be outstanding...

lastly offline method... you can print a black and white ad on A4 paper and post around strategies places around your city...
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by geoinvestor(m): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

Like I say earlier, you need a good profolio

if you're active on fb, insta, whatsapp, twitter and CO...

Create a fb page, add all of your friends, post your work, beg your close friends to also help you in promoting, tell them what you do Incase they need such service...
Do same on the rest of your social media handles...

Remember your job most be outstanding...

lastly offline method... you can print a black and white ad on A4 paper and post around strategies places around your city...
Thanks brother. Do you design and print or you design while the client prints? I will also like to follow your page on Facebook.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
geoinvestor:
Thanks brother. Do you design and print or you design while the client prints? I will also like to follow your page on Facebook.
Depends, when is offline I make the design, enquired for the printing cost depending on kinda paper quality my clients wants, collect the printing bill from them and print. when everything is done I collect my money.

while online, I only design and deliver the print ready version to them.

I have a facebook page, but I'm not really active, base on I don't have much time.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by geoinvestor(m): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

Depends, when is offline I make the design, enquired for the printing cost depending on kinda paper quality my clients wants, collect the printing bill from them and print. when everything is done I collect my money.

while online, I only design and deliver the print ready version to them.

I have a facebook page, but I'm not really active, base on I don't have much time.
I have gotten a lot of info from you today! Thanks alot!

Though I have started freelancing on contest freelance site, it is not easy. I want to start designing for people in Nigeria and I have gotten basic info from you. I have to brush up on my design skill and create social media handles.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
geoinvestor:
I have gotten a lot of info from you today! Thanks alot!

Though I have started freelancing on contest freelance site, it is not easy. I want to start designing for people in Nigeria and I have gotten basic info from you. I have to brush up on my design skill and create social media handles.
You're welcome.
be persistent, cuz it's not always easy, be ready to make sacrifices.

it wasn't easy at start, no matter how good you are if you lack the ability to sell yourself, it'll still be difficult.

I started by dressing up, and going to private and government offices telling the staffs about what I do. I was also willing to teach those who wish to learn for a token, from there I start getting recommendations...I also sometimes print a black and white tracks and share them on the street.

1 Like

Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by geoinvestor(m): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

You're welcome.
be persistent, cuz it's not always easy, be ready to make sacrifices.

it wasn't easy at start, no matter how good you are if you lack the ability to sell yourself, it'll still be difficult.

I started by dressing up, and going to private and government offices telling the staffs about what I do. I was also willing to teach those who wish to learn for a token, from there I start getting recommendations...I also sometimes print a black and white tracks and share them on the street.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Graphics Designers Let's Share The Challenges We Face As Designers by Offpoint: 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
geoinvestor:
Thanks for the advice.
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

How I Make #20,000 Extra Income Per Week Creating Cartoon Videos / My Minimalistic Designs / Realistic Drawing Of Adekunle Gold.... Enter Here To Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.