Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions (8526 Views)

JAMB Reveals Deadline For 2019/2020 Change Of Course And Institution Process... / UTME 2019: JAMB Reveals ‘real Reasons’ Why Results Are Not Out (find Out Here) / JAMB Reveals Those Who Will Get Admission In 2017/2018 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by AnthonyDgreat: 9:20am On May 29, 2018
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has refuted the claim in some quarters that its database suffered leakages due to the activities of suspected hackers infiltrating its system.

The Registrar of the board, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, told newsmen on Monday during an interactive session in Benin City that although the examination body had recorded several attempts by some individuals to divulge questions prepared for candidates in the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination over the years, such attempts had been in vain.

He said, “As far as JAMB is concerned, I have not found any case of a breakthrough. No matter how clever they think they are, we are ahead of them.

“One of the reasons why I led a delegation here myself is to see whether there is any evidence of a breakthrough. You can ask any of the security agencies handling the matter; it will tell you.

“We have not been able to find one case of success. What we are treating are attempts and it is because we are proactive that we are picking their attempts.

“When people try to break into our BVN, they did not get any questions because our questions were not there. They were able to break into a decoy that we created and they were not able to do anything.”

He said, “We keep promising them (hackers) that if they can get us one question of ours that is genuine, we will pay them a lot of money. Once an attempt is made, we will not treat it as just an attempt. We shall go after them and ensure they are arrested.”

Speaking on the board’s partnership with security agencies in the recruitment of personnel, Oloyede faulted claims that JAMB had become a money-spinner for the Federal Government.

“I was not there. So, I am not in a position to tell you what they did with the funds. What I know is that the government gave me an assignment. I have completed the assignment and the surplus must be returned to the owner.

“Some persons are asking questions: Are we a money-generating agency? Must we go and steal the money simply because the money was there? Sometimes, I do not understand the logic of some people. They prefer that the money is generated and wasted,” he added.

SOURCE: http://dailyschoolgist.com.ng/jamb-reveals-hackers-try-leak-utme-questions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Kelamma(m): 9:25am On May 29, 2018
JAMB is actually useless to the educational system. There should be a way of easing into college directly after high school. Either through direct applications to the colleges or via scholarship. Every thing for Nigeria na muscle. Too hard to do any thing in this country.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by teebaxy(m): 9:25am On May 29, 2018
Oloyede is a Don...Ask Unilorin if u doubt me

11 Likes

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by jtjohn(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2018
Weldon.....

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Worzky: 9:27am On May 29, 2018
D
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Metuh: 9:27am On May 29, 2018
mtcheeeew.... una strong reach banks
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by patyowr: 9:27am On May 29, 2018
Nonsense! A country where nothing works. Corrupt system, killing people's dreams

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by teebaxy(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2018
Worzky:
D
Worzky:
D
Kelamma:
lipsrsealed
may God forgive you guys
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nobody: 9:31am On May 29, 2018
Probably because the stuff is offline.
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by inoki247: 9:33am On May 29, 2018
ar u threatening hackers.. aw strong iz ur database or firewall.
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nobody: 9:33am On May 29, 2018
break into our BVN?
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nobody: 9:35am On May 29, 2018
Wetin the "hackers" go gain?
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nobody: 9:36am On May 29, 2018
Indeed!
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Maxcollins042(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2018
Better scammers never remember them.
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Premiumwriter: 9:37am On May 29, 2018
What even happened to CAPS? that would have been the best thing that would have happened to the Nigerian educational system.
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by CSTR1003: 9:39am On May 29, 2018
teebaxy:
Oloyede is a Don...Ask Unilorin if u doubt me
So jamb started getting attempted hacks in oloyede tenure only?

It was not being attempted before in past administrations?

sycophant.
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by ednut1(m): 9:46am On May 29, 2018
Oloyede was a performer at unilorin. Not suprised. Bt jamb needs to be scrapped , in saner climes ssce/gce is enough for admission

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Pavore9: 9:49am On May 29, 2018
“We keep promising them (hackers) that if they can get us one question of ours that is genuine, we will pay them a lot of money"....Who would fall for the bait? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nairalandmentor(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2018
grin
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Ediomo12(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2018
Na waow, someone told me that nowadays JAMB Examination varied for good three (3) years.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by webincomeplus(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2018
Kelamma:
JAMB is actually useless to the educational system. There should be a way of easing into college directly after high school. Either through direct applications to the colleges or via scholarship. Every thing for Nigeria na muscle. Too hard to do any thing in this country.
When we see people who have failed JAMB repeatedly, we know them through shitty posts like this!

They started with "cancel post-UTME". Now, someone is calling for the cancellation of JAMB. Later you'll call for the abolition of university education in Nigeria.

If you think JAMB is a problem, there are alternative ways to gain admission. And if you still can't cope with those, then tertiary education isn't a must.

Wait are you for real? Direct applications to colleges? Here in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Ngasky(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2018
Nice work JAMB
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by webincomeplus(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2018
ednut1:
Oloyede was a performer at unilorin. Not suprised. Bt jamb needs to be scrapped , in saner climes ssce/gce is enough for admission
You mean the same SSCE that now involves schools buying results for their students?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Kelamma(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2018
webincomeplus:

When we see people who have failed JAMB repeatedly, we know them through shitty posts like this!

They started with "cancel post-UTME". Now, someone is calling for the cancellation of JAMB. Later you'll call for the abolition of university education in Nigeria.

If you think JAMB is a problem, there are alternative ways to gain admission. And if you still can't cope with those, then tertiary education isn't a must.

My dear,things evolve. Even humans evolved so why can't Nigerian educational system? Jamb has actually done more bad than good if you ask me. People's dreams are been shattered. A lot of change of courses and derailing of career path because of jamb. These are people that if given a chance would impact positively in their intended career. Jamb has actually shown me that some examinations and tests are not really a true test of intellectual capabilities.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by mcbliss: 10:28am On May 29, 2018
AnthonyDgreat:

He said, “We keep promising them (hackers) that if they can get us one question of ours that is genuine, we will pay them a lot of money. Once an attempt is made, we will not treat it as just an attempt. We shall go after them and ensure they are arrested.”

Speaking on the board’s partners

And I was thinking of hacking into their server so I can be rewarded buh they later said any attempts on them will be tracked and the accused will be arrested..
Hw more confused can this pple get??
Anyhow cha.. cum next yr.. questions go plenty
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Borntorule2018: 10:29am On May 29, 2018
that is serious
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by Nobody: 10:41am On May 29, 2018
webincomeplus:

Jamb shouldn't be scrapped but post jamb.Jamb is more credible than post utme of most universities
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by webincomeplus(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2018
Kelamma:
My dear,things evolve. Even humans evolved so why can't Nigerian educational system? Jamb has actually done more bad than good if you ask me. People's dreams are been shattered. A lot of change of courses and derailing of career path because of jamb. These are people that if given a chance would impact positively in their intended career. Jamb has actually shown me that some examinations and tests are not really a true test of intellectual capabilities.
There must be a criterion for selecting candidates for university admission. Even if universities are granted the autonomous rights to set their own admission modalities, some candidates will not make the cut. So, there will always be shattered dreams in any case.

For instance, if a university can only admit 100 students for law, that is what they will take. Even if there is no JAMB, the University will set criteria to select only 100. Whatever criteria those are, some people's dreams of becoming lawyers will be shattered.

Even if there are no exams involved, other criteria will be used, which will still cut out some people. So, if that's what JAMB has been doing, why clamour for the cancellation?
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by teebaxy(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2018
CSTR1003:

So jamb started getting attempted hacks in oloyede tenure only?

It was not being attempted before in past administrations?

sycophant.
groveler
Re: JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions by emmy9500: 11:17am On May 29, 2018

Is jamb stupid u put up a challenge and you also want to arrest them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo To Establish Four New Universities. / Closed / Please Mphil Or Masters Phd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.