Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,945 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling (550 Views)

Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) / Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling by DivinedeGuru: 11:11am On May 29, 2018
‘I was two when my father was gunned down’: England star Raheem Sterling’s emotional explanation for gun tattoo

Sterling’s tattoo had been branded “disgusting” and “totally unacceptable” by anti-gun campaigners

Raheem Sterling has explained the emotional reason behind his gun tattoo.

Images emerged of the England and Manchester City star’s new M16 assault rifle ink on his leg as he continues his preparations for the World Cup.

Lucy Cope of Mothers Against Guns told the Sun: “He’s supposed to be a role model but chooses to glamourise guns.”

But the 23-year-old has moved to explain the tattoo, insisting it relates to his late father, who was murdered

“When I was 2 my father died from being gunned down to death I made a promise to myself I would never touch a gun in my life time,” he posted on Instagram.

“I shoot with my right foot so it has a deeper meaning and still unfinished.”

Sterling had initially shared a picture of his new tattoo on Monday as England prepare for this weekend’s clash with Nigeria

http://www.vondanews.com/i-was-two-when-my-father-was-gunned-down-england-star-raheem-sterlings-emotional-explanation-for-gun-tattoo/

Re: ‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling by lexyman(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2018
touching
Re: ‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling by CivilzedTyger(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2018
I hate when people do do not understand the reason behind ur actions but judge ignorantly
Re: ‘I Was Two When My Father Was Gunned Down’:raheem Sterling by oloriooko(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2018
Too bad to judge too quickly
Be consoled bro

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Russia Vs Saudi Arabia 5-0 – Highlights & Goals / Cristiano Ronaldo Amazing Free Kick THIRD Goal [VIDEO] / Argentina Vs Iceland By 2pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.