Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,729 members, 7,837,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Meeting The Renowned Humanist - Mr. LEO IGWE, Today Was A Great Privilege! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meeting The Renowned Humanist - Mr. LEO IGWE, Today Was A Great Privilege! (242 Views)

Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe / I Am An Atheist And A Humanist. Ask Me Anything! Let's Talk! / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives Leo Mezie N3 Million Naira For His Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meeting The Renowned Humanist - Mr. LEO IGWE, Today Was A Great Privilege! by lilliesboy(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2018
It was a great privilege and joy meeting Mr. Leo Igwe one-on-one today at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. I could not quite believe he was the great Leo Igwe a lot of us have been hearing about both home and oversea - a global figure of "humanism" and human rights not just in Africa but the world at large. I mean, he looks "simple" and had a great sense of humour like Mr. Calistus Igwilo; one may never even believe he is a "PhD" (doctorate degree) holder and someone that has achieved great heights in different areas of life. That is how most great people are - they look simple to the point of making so many people they come in contact with them for the first time to underrate them but only to prove those same people wrong when they later get to know about their high-achieving profiles.

He was also quite surprised to meet and see that this Satanic boy often posting Satanic things on Facebook is actually "small" in size and look even simpler - a "small" Satan with simple looks. I guess we share some things in common. Anyway, we sat one-on-one alone, had a drink and great discussion for an hour in a serene and cool environment. He is an intelligent fellow - an atheist with a sense of humour, empathy and. It was a great time with Mr. Leo Igwe - co-founder/President of the "Humanist Association of Nigeria" (HAN) and renowned member of the "International Humanist and Ethical Union" (IHEU), e.t.c. We appeared to understand each other's views and experiences well. One thing about humanists (i.e. atheists, agnostics, deists, "Satanists," mystics, "Marxists" e.t.c) is that we UNDERSTAND each other's ordeals or feelings even before the other person clearly expresses them, and that is because we all experience these societal discriminations and persecutions from fanatically-deluded and hypocritical religionists in different ways despite our socioeconomic strata.

Sir, if you are reading this like I believe, I want to thank you for taking time to meet me one-on-one today at the University of Ibadan, taking me out to relax and discuss relevant issues affecting humanity especially in Nigeria, e.t.c. And thank you for "what" you gave me amongst other educational articles, I really appreciate even if it may look small or mean nothing to you. Believe it or not, sir: you and FEW others have just helped to COMPLETELY PAY my HUGE "M.SC school FEES" today from what you gave to me. I will NEVER forget you, Calistus and "FEW others" who have been of GREAT help and/or ENCOURAGEMENT to me at this point in time even when I did not have to "go on my knees" before you. You did not do it because there is a bloody "god" or allah in "the sky" who is going to "reward" you later (in the fucking Afterlife), but you all did it for GOODNESS SAKE - for the sake of HUMANITY. Thank you too my close childhood friend - Mr. Boubai Amaebi. You are truly a friend, and being friends since 1996 to date is not a joke.

Humanism shall continue to grow in Nigeria (Africa) and worldwide; (organized) religions with BLOOD-thirsty, DISCRIMINATORY, HYPOCRITICAL, and EXTORTIVE tendencies must not have much influence in our daily lives politically, educationally, socially, economically and/or psychologically! The struggle continues, Humanists worldwide must try to continue and remain in UNITY no matter what! Be your "sister/brother's" keeper according to your own ability and courage at all times!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Igwe

(1) (Reply)

Holy Spirit Travel / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/06/18 / Before This Time Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.