Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son (21773 Views)

Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public / "I Once Breastfed My Nephew" - Iyabo Ojo Celebrates His Matriculation / This Air Hostess Breastfed A Passenger’s Crying Baby After Mum Ran Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Nobody: 10:29am On May 31, 2018
Do another test after 3 months and another 3 months after the first three months to be absolutely sure. Seygobe!
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Nobody: 10:36am On May 31, 2018
carammel:

If she had breastfed before,milk will come out with continuous sucking by the baby.
really? so you mean my virgin gf fit don breastfeed before with the way milk usually gush out anytime I gbenusi..

1 Like

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by KrystosCJ(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2018
kabakaauu:
Kenyan actress, Jacqueline Nyamide, popularly known as Wilbroda, has been left in shock after discovering that her househelp breastfed her son when he was eight months-old.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-QgGmUFtDL6k/Ww-fop55o6I/AAAAAAAAACU/xkqEhOjTplsyKoZnEsseA3IxsJZxjS1swCLcBGAs/s1600/Jacqueline%2BNyamide.jpg[/img]

Speaking to a Kenyan Parent Magazine, Wibroda said that the incident became known after she got an anonymous tip while on a trip to Mombasa.

Wibroda disclosed that she received a call that the househelp was breastfeeding the child to make him stop crying.
When my son, Xolani, was around 8 months old, I had to travel to Mombasa on a work assignment and so I left him under the care of a nanny whom I had trusted so much. While in Mombasa, I received an anonymous call from a person who informed me that my househelp breast fed my son whenever he cried,”

Worse still she found out the maid was HIV positive.

“I took the first flight back to Nairobi. I had to verify the information from my neighbours and in the process, I was informed that my nanny not only breastfeeds my son but was also living with HIV.”
“I didn’t sleep that night and had to rush to the hospital around midnight to have my son tested.
“Fortunately, he was fine. To cut the long story short I fired the nanny the following day. It took immense self-control to restrain myself from harming her,” she said

SOURCE ; https://sciencetechink..com/2018/05/my-hiv-positive-househelp-breastfed-my.html

This story is fake. I just read it from The Guardian and two other newspapers and nowhere was it mentioned that the nanny was HIV positive.

Why resort to lie just because you want your blog to have improved viewership?

3 Likes

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by LydayBobo(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2018
In Davidoff voice...SEE GOBE
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by paroh137(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2018
carammel:

If she had breastfed before,milk will come out with continuous sucking by the baby.

I don't understand please. Does this mean milk would come out if the woman's husband sucks her boobs, seeing as she's breastfed before?

2 Likes

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by olisaEze(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2018
thesicilian:
1. How come you didn't do routine pre-employment medical tests?
2. Though the chances of HIV transmission through breastfeeding is low, it's still risky.
3. It is also not likely that milk actually came out during the breastfeeding, since she wasn't pregnant.

it's illegal to force employees to undergo such tests in Kenya.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by ridbell01(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2018
carammel:

oga you prove this medically cos this sound somehow to me

1 Like

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 11:00am On May 31, 2018
olisaEze:

it's illegal to force employees to undergo such tests in Kenya.
Wow. That'll complicate a lot of things.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 11:00am On May 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

There's also the fact that the HIV test wouldn't read accurately so soon after the risk event.
True.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by linearity: 11:01am On May 31, 2018
thesicilian:
2. Though the chances of HIV transmission through breastfeeding is low, it's still risky.
3. It is also not likely that milk actually came out during the breastfeeding, since she wasn't pregnant.

Common, lets be realistic and practical here.....

How many people do you know, who want to hire a Nanny and the next stop is the Doctor's office for a battery of medical tests....then seats back for the number of days it will take for the results to come back before engaging the service of that Nanny or start the whole process all over again with another Nanny?

1 Like

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 11:10am On May 31, 2018
carammel:

Can't argue with that.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 11:17am On May 31, 2018
linearity:

Common, lets be realistic and practical here.....

How many people do you know, who want to hire a Nanny and the next stop is the Doctor's office for a battery of medical tests....then seats back for the number of days it will take for the results to come back before engaging the service of that Nanny or start the whole process all over again with another Nanny?
The whole process of routine pre-employment medical tests can take less than two hours in some centres. You don't have to do every test on Earth, just the basic ones like TB, Hepatitis B&C, HIV, Pregnancy Test, Blood Group (optional), Genotype (optional) etc.
You can't just bring a stranger into your house to take care of your precious children without knowing if they have any diseases they could pass on to the children.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Originalsly: 11:18am On May 31, 2018
Why would she even make this public?...makes us know she the mom is a liar and ignorant person...as well as a careless mother. If ....if the baby sucked the maid's breasts...it means the baby was being breast fed by the mother. No breastfeeding mother....or responsible mother period... would travel and leave an 8 month old baby in care of a maid. Then was the maid also the mother of a nursing baby?...for her to be producing milk?...and how would the neighbour verify that? Some people will say anything to trend or be noticed.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by BabbanBura(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2018
carammel:

Very true, how u take know this? Hope it's not what am suspecting sha
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by BabbanBura(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2018
paroh137:

I don't understand please. Does this mean milk would come out if the woman's husband sucks her boobs, seeing as she's breastfed before?

Yes or abortion of high term pregnancy. Disease can also cause discharge from the b00bs though
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by linearity: 11:29am On May 31, 2018
thesicilian:

The whole process of routine pre-employment medical tests can take less than two hours in some centres. You don't have to do every test on Earth, just the basic ones like TB, Hepatitis B&C, HIV, Pregnancy Test, Blood Group (optional), Genotype (optional) etc.
You can't just bring a stranger into your house to take care of your precious children without knowing if they have any diseases they could pass on to the children.

My point is, people don’t do this before hiring a Nanny and it not even done in most companies, it is mostly multi National companies that make their prospective employees go through pre-employment medical tests.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 11:32am On May 31, 2018
linearity:

My point is, people don’t do this before hiring a Nanny and it not even done in most companies, it is mostly multi National companies that make their prospective employees go through pre-employment medical tests.
I understand your point, just that it is wrong and negligent for them not to.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Kylekent59: 12:07pm On May 31, 2018
Uzorgod:
But you can't contact HIV today and detect it in lab test tomorrow, not possible! It takes like 3 to 4 months for it to be detected through lab test.

Contract not contact

Bloggers and fake news ehhh. What's wrong with Nairaland sef. Why bringing fake news to Fp
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by tunary(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2018
You know she's HIV positive and you still retain her?
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Dafreeguy(m): 12:28pm On May 31, 2018
carammel:

Even if its 2-3yrs ago?
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by ibkkk(f): 12:31pm On May 31, 2018
BabbanBura:

Yes or abortion of high term pregnancy. Disease can also cause discharge from the b00bs though

Have you heard of "high prolactin" in women?
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by progress69: 12:51pm On May 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

There's also the fact that the HIV test wouldn't read accurately so soon after the risk event.

The 4th Generation ELISA test will detect HIV very fast
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by laudate: 3:13pm On May 31, 2018
thesicilian:

What if the maid got infected, after passing through the pre-employment tests and getting hired?

2 Likes

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Bigval5: 3:45pm On May 31, 2018
Newpride:
Why did u employ a house maid who was tested hiv positive to take of ur children in the first place... cool

This woman must be stupid, ignorance is not an excuse but the house maid is wicked sha.... cool

Nothing will happen to the baby breastfed by that witchcraft house maid. There are lot of people who slept with people who have hiv yet not contact it.

Did you understand the post at all?

Did the Op state that the house maid was tested before taking her as a nanny??
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by thesicilian: 3:48pm On May 31, 2018
laudate:

What if the maid got infected, after passing through the pre-employment tests and getting hired?

Possible. But chances are much slimmer
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by CioAngels(f): 4:22pm On May 31, 2018
Pope22:
You the mother, you are a fool for leaving your 8months baby who is still breast feeding and travelled for whatever reason. May God never give me your type as a wife.
They call it my career can never suffer for anything, so the innocent toddlers should suffer for the mother's career to grow.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by laudate: 5:20pm On May 31, 2018
CioAngels:
They call it my career can never suffer for anything, so the innocent toddlers should suffer for the mother's career to grow.
The woman who gave birth to the child, is obviously a single mother as no husband was mentioned in the story. sad This means she is solely responsible for the welfare of her baby. So she needs to work, in order to earn income to survive and feed that baby. undecided However, next time she should take both baby and nanny along with her on her trip, or arrange for a trusted female relative who has been properly screened, to take care of her baby. If her mum is still alive, she needs to call on her mum for help, in such cases. All I can see here, is that she needs to put in place a good home support and care system, for her child.

Women have to work to take care of their kids. sad If she sits at home with the baby, who will feed her and the child? shocked
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by IamD18: 12:12am On Jun 14, 2018
ibkkk:

Have you heard of "high prolactin" in women?

Happy Birthday dear.

Wishing you long life and prosperous days ahead.
Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by ibkkk(f): 12:37am On Jun 14, 2018
IamD18:

Happy Birthday dear.

Wishing you long life and prosperous days ahead.

Wooow!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH,BRO...I DO REALLY APPRECIATE YOU kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son by Geekgists: 4:49am On Jun 14, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anita Alaire Afoke Asuoha 'Real Warri Pikin' & Husband's 6th Wedding Anniversary / Mary-Maudline Uzoamaka Nwifuru Graces MC Walter 130-Hour Marathon Entertainment / How Sholaye Jeremi Refused To Marry Linda Ikeji After Impregnating Her – Insider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.