Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now (787 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now by CHOUPIE2(f): 4:44am On May 29, 2010
I WAS SPEAKING TO AN ACQUAINTANCE AND HE MADE A COMMENT AND I NEED HELP WITH THE PHRASE "ESU LOMO". PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING. WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now by dominique(f): 10:44pm On May 31, 2010
it means "the kid is a devil". hope he was not referring to you grin.
Re: Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now by CHOUPIE2(f): 3:38am On Jun 02, 2010
Thank you for the translationa as a matter fact he was but it is all good. Some men when you don't tell them what they want to hear or do what they want you to do, they feel if they call you names then they are man now. His opinion only , I know who I am and thats what matters the most. smiley

you are awesome dominique
Re: Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
CHOUPIE2:

Thank you for the translationa as a matter fact he was but it is all good. Some men when you don't tell them what they want to hear or do what they want you to do, they feel if they call you names then they are man now. His opinion only , I know who I am and thats what matters the most. smiley

it depends on the usage and the situation.some sentence like this dont really sound like they appear especially when used as ''slang''.
''esu lomo'' can be used to refer to a stubborn person especially a lady jokingly but it doesnt seem the person was referring to you.
Re: Yoruba Tranlator Needed Now by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 03, 2010
dominique:

it means "the kid is a devil". hope he was not referring to you grin.
CHOUPIE2:

Dominique, see as you spoilt someone's game.

(1) (Reply)

New Face Of Central Africa For Cosmeic, What Do You Think / Attention: For The Yoruba's And Non Yoruba's, Please Interpret This. / I Need Help Please ;-)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.