Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 (23722 Views)

10 Chinese Phone Makers Set On World Domination / 10 Cheap Chinese Phone That Look Like Samsung Galaxy S8 / Samsung To Produce 100,000 Units Of Galaxy X Foldable Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by BadBradley: 8:15pm On May 31, 2018
It’s been a rough couple of years for Samsung. The mobile tech giant hasn’t truly found its strides after the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco and sudden death that necessitated its production halt. Its successor, the Galaxy Note 8 didn’t live up to expectations as it was merely a carry over of its dead sibling, the Galaxy Note 7. More so, its front camera was embarrassingly below the competition as it was equipped with the 2017 model that trailed the competition. In essence, the Galaxy Note 8 was a fated failure, carrying the burden and curses of the ill-fated Note 7.

Then comes Galaxy Note 9, the single device, to put Samsung’s very flagship into its proud place. Touted to be the first mobile phone to have a fingerprint scanner built into its display, With a display of 6.4′ and Samsung’s largest iris scanner, plus a revamped front-facing csmera, all was set to herald the new king….

But a delay in production and release date saw Samsung lose the title of world’s first fingerprint display scanner lost to Vivo. A sad blow

It was reported earlier this month that Samsung Display has started mass production of the 6.38-inch display panel for the Galaxy Note 9 in April. This meant that it had started mass production a full two months before it did for the Galaxy Note 8 in 2017.

A report out of South Korea now claims that Samsung is reducing the thickness of the display glass by 0.5mm at the last minute on the directions of its Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong.

The change is believed to be a result of the vice chairman’s recent trip to a smartphone distribution center in China where he played around with Oppo and Vivo handsets that also use Samsung Display’s OLED panels. He found that those handsets felt much better to grip in the hand compared to the Galaxy Note series.

Samsung rarely adjusts the specifications of an upcoming flagship device this close to launch but it’s believed to have made this change for the Galaxy Note 9 on the directions of its vice chairman who wants the display glass on the new flagship to be a bit thinner.

Samsung still has the Galaxy S10 to redeem re retake its leading place…. but it’s still a long wait.

Source: www.lodega.com

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2018
2nd FTC in two minutes?? #PowerMustChangeHands Today for sure.. If u knw u knw..
As long we still dey on dis awa two legs,we will make it.. God willing God helping (apology to larry isamoje of bournvita sport special back den)
Great day to y'all and stay blessed..
To d guy below me,no curse who God don bless oooo.. Rmbr ballam and ballak?
Be happy � for a brodaman dats topping the chat.. We r togeda in dis hustle. Ur success ma happiness and mine shld B too... God bless u brodaman

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by ib4real95(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2018
I go curse this guy wey dey untop me faa. See as you just steal my spot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Yenime1(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2018
China again!
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by chrischina(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2018
China again
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by miqos02(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2018
Wow

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Lordcenturion2(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2018
Before nko, Chinese is the home of production for all brand products apart from iPhone and blackberry, even will hardly see anything without Chinese hands in it nowadays, even if it's components, while America is busy proving world super power by fighting everyone, China is leading in everything, which Nigeria can emulate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by lilfreezy: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
China will soon be the world's undisputed economic giant. Let America continue deploying troops to countries with their military power while China keep doing what they do.

I need China visa so bad

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by rfnextar8(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
they have all these technologies in their grip, they love to always add just one feature to a phone that will make it different to previous ones. hmm white people sha

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by oshdam2015: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Really?
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by opera1(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Thank you Chinko
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by miqos02(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
ib4real95:
I go curse this guy wey dey untop me faa. See as you just steal my spot!
pay him
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by strungcity: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Good. getting Closer to FTC
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Akposb(m): 7:23am On Jun 02, 2018
Indeed, the battle is fierce and the best may not necessarily win.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by PrinceJoeWan(m): 7:23am On Jun 02, 2018
Then the price go be 500k abi

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2018
With there expensive screen to fix my Samsung S8 screen 80k. I don't think I would go for Samsung any more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by xstyle: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2018
We await it arrival, hope the price will be friendly
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by JeffreyJames(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2018
How was Galaxy note 8 a failure? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2018
Memyselfu2009:
With there expensive screen to fix my Samsung S8 screen 80k. I don't think I would go for Samsung any more

Huawei is not bad.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2018
fuckerstard:

Huawei is not bad.

I would gladly get an iPhone the screen is not more than 20k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Patrick33(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2018
The king of smartphones can't be held down for long...long live samsung
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Pearlyakin(m): 7:30am On Jun 02, 2018
I kuku prefer my infinix phone sha.

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by gidjah(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2018
they just churn out phones any dem like ,we never understand note 8 finish, Una dey bring out note 8,I am still battling to crap d operating system oy my Galaxy 8

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by BossLaifay(f): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2018
lilfreezy:
China will soon own the world's undisputed economic giant. Let America continue deploying troops to country with their military power while China keep doing what they do.

I need China visa so bad
Soon? They are already there underG
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by bigsmoke2(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2018
They are gradually loosing grip of the Nigerian market due to the ridiculous prices of their phones. the Chinese phones are getting better, sleeker,more reliable and cheaper in terms of value for money, by the day.they should learn from Nokia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by blakid(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2018
XIAOMI is the best phone brand now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by yomalex(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2018
ok
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2018
JeffreyJames:
How was Galaxy note 8 a failure? undecided
i just de wonder oooo
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by DaBullIT(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2018
Espionage is the order of business , if you have a concept, don't share or discuss it with the world because some people have better circumstances / situations to make it work before you and when that happens, you loose to them

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by ib4real95(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2018
miqos02:
pay him
Its too late
Re: Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 by lilfreezy: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2018
BossLaifay:
Soon? They are already there underG

"undisputed"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank / Twitter Adds ‘Official’ Label To High-Profile Accounts / MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.