Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Past Tense Of The F Word - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Past Tense Of The F Word (724 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / Ghost Of The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Past Tense Of The F Word by Cirphrank(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2018
(I)
I once passed by a church as they prayed, I was feeling fatally hurt on that unfaithful day, I can’t say that as of the second I was at peace with God, but in my right mind I was, so yes I am minding my words. I was shocked and plunged into bitterness at their pastor command as I cussed and fools I tagged them, yes the congregation that made up the church, for they had held up over their heads their chairs, praying thus upon the pastor’s order like God needed such a show of foolishness to be indulged before HE would hear HIS children talk, even if they wanted to sit things down with the most high, does one sit with his/her head huh? Anyway I think of it, it still does not follow, and please don't tell me the ways of God are not the ways of men, these are but just gullible men. But then I said unto myself, what do I really care anyway? what do I really care? after all, my life is but just the past tense of the f word.

(II)
I once walked by a kid late night begging for a meal, I had a belly rumbling even after working the side of my back off all day short, short of everything from the pockets to the zeal to breathe, I did not know who to flip on, the kid pleading or the woman that isn’t giving? is the boy too lazy to till or the lady food vendor is just too lazy to do good? I have to keep it at lazy as per the Nigerian youth I am, it wasn’t until I got home that I realized that I did not stand still at the spot and cause a change, even if only by giving the kid small change or the lady some life lessons, I had long since left them and moved on but yet I’m stuck, I pitied, I fumed, but then again
I said unto myself, what to do? what do I really care? after all, my life is but just the past tense of the f word.

(III)
Sometimes the crickets chirping sound like unbeatable melodies jolly riding, some nights I could swear I felt they were just weeping on my behalf, been cut severally, severely, that if you tried patching me up now you won't realize even half of me. I saw a drunk threatening to imprison a mad man the other day if the madman remained a nuisance lobbying around, but I passed in a hush, like I don’t give a damn even if a puppy be barking on a dame, what do I really care? huh? what do I really care after all, my life is but just the past tense of the f word.

(IV)
I got in trouble but wouldn't read the Bible, I did not want it feeling like a side chick and thus I stayed unrepentant, I said a prayer but wouldn’t wait on an answer, like I did not want God thinking HIS earthly P.R.O. is weak? And while I draw my last breath I would not even flinch, I’ll simply roll my eyes, raise my brows and let out a paradoxical sigh of I’m tired+relief, like what do I really care? huh? what do I really care? my life is but just the past tense of the f word after all.

*pheu…

I was going to call you up friend, tell you of a couple of things even in silence, but then I reckoned, in this age of selfies and canon, a problem shared is halved social media broadcast, and I intend not to shoot myself, but then on a second thought, I said unto myself, hold it right there, get over yourself, what do you think this reader really cares? huh? after all your life is…

Digiprove seal. This content has been Digiproved © 2018 Cirphrank.
All Rights Reserved.
Re: The Past Tense Of The F Word by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
Dope piece

1 Like

Re: The Past Tense Of The F Word by Cirphrank(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
ndiuel:
Dope piece

Thank you man.
Re: The Past Tense Of The F Word by dammyd46(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nice one. I love this (a
problem shared is halved social media broadcast)

1 Like

Re: The Past Tense Of The F Word by Cirphrank(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
dammyd46:
Nice one. I love this (a
problem shared is halved social media broadcast)

Thank you man.

(1) (Reply)

The Witch And The Baobaotree (A True Life Event) / The Girl With Black Wings Flash Fiction By Esosa Kolawole) / Are You A Competent E-book Writer? Apply Within.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.