Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain (1026 Views)

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria / Diego Milito Scores A Brace On His RETURN / Cain And Abel Milito Continues Family Feud As Barca And Inter Clash In Uefa Cl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by lekside44(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2010
nairalanders, the ball is in your court
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by Rhydem: 1:44pm On May 29, 2010
Me self I fear this hiqwain O.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by lekside44(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2010
what of Milito, the champions league final hero, or messi the world footballer of the year and the best dribber presently in the world
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by Olaolufred(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2010
None.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by Johnnny(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2010
The four are in the category of the best attackers in the world. That does not mean we should dread them, even my club barcelona that is adjudged the best club in the world was beaten by rubbin karzan. We need to prepare to play agains the best to become one of the best.

Even if the whole eleven payers of Argentina are the best in the world, We will meet them in battle nonetheless.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by lekside44(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2010
since mikel is not available to stop them, what is our hope?
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by naso2(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
@op
There is a player we all seem to be forgeting, his name is Angel di maria. With Eyeama's evident poor positioning, that guy can surprise any team with a 30 yards shot.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by sultan003(m): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2010
The four players won't play together at the same time.
You guys are just obsessed with messi, tevez, milito higuian, that you have forgotten about Di maria.
Pls refer to the olmypic 2008 final and see why one tactical mistake ended our dreams.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by snowdrops(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
I dread their number two. All attention is going to be on messi attacking from the right, he is going to drag our defenders with him leaving grounds for the right full back to do the damage.

Ask dani alves in barca.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by sultan003(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
^^^ The right full back(Otamendi) won't attack. Their back four is just as flat as you can get, consisting mainly of center backs.

The problem is that messi will try and draw his marker (i.e if the person is a center back) out of position for their wingers, especially Di maria to utilise the space left behind.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by snowdrops(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
all will be known on saturday
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by moonraker(m): 5:36am On Jun 08, 2010
All of them, cheesy
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by snowdrops(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2010
all of them what?
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by moonraker(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2010
@ snowdrops

All the Argentine players (Not Player) shd be feared, every member of that squad

is talented,
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by snowdrops(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2010
i cant agree more. i believe man marking will be a mistake then in that light.

we need to play as a cohesive unit. mass attack mass defence as the old saying goes.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by larimo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
sultan003:

^^^ The right full back(Otamendi) won't attack. Their back four is just as flat as you can get, consisting mainly of center backs.

The problem is that messi will try and draw his marker (i.e if the person is a center back) out of position for their wingers, especially Di maria to utilise the space left behind.

Perfect observation. thats their game plan. i hear they are deploying a 4-1-3-2, with Messi playing from the midfield, and Tevez starting upfront with Higuain. Exactly the same plan against Germany. Its a very offensive plan but puts a lot of pressure on Mascherano. Obviously, they believe we cant do anything or we are so slow.

I think we can win this game if they play that style and if we play a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 (Brazil's style). This will mean we may need all our four defensive midfielders. However, Lukman will play as an attacking midfielder, staying in front of the Ayila-Etuhu-Kaita combo. Ayila and Kaita are needed to cover for the fullbacks effectively with only Lukman allowed to rove from the attack to the defense at will distributing to Nsofor and Osaze (my choices) + Yaks / Martins /Kalu / Ideye. He needs to break down the effects of Veron, while etuhu should simply handle Messi with support from one of the centre backs where needed.

I hope we get a win. It will be refreshing like a vacation grin cheesy cool.
Re: Which Argentine Player Should Nigeria Dread Most; Messi, Milito, Tevez,hiqwain by SPARROWJA(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
Aguero is my dark horse, However, if we play as a team as Yobo the SE skipper said then we have a chance of limiting them n then we take d few chances we might have,

(1) (Reply)

Can Anti-competition Law Save Hitv / Newcastle To Make £3m Osaze Odemwingie Offer / How Team USA Huniliated Team Nigeria at the London Olympics (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.