Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Communicate Effectively - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Communicate Effectively (443 Views)

HELP! I Want To Learn Hausa Effectively. / How To Communicate With The Spirits (ancestors / Civil Ways To Communicate By Mantissa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Communicate Effectively by Purposeciti: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
OF TRUTH, IT PAYS TO TALK LESS BUT COMMUNICATE MORE, IT HELPS YOU A LONG WAY.

TALK LESS, COMMUNICATE MORE

BY Oluwamayowa Lala​

The topic can be well understood if not trivialised with a grammar-fussy mind, so let me warn that we are on a strategic level of communication. With a great care, we’ll put away some foundational basics so as to focus on the key substances in this discourse. As I hold in the true spirit of a discourse as this, the semantic analysis is just the surface while the in-depth understanding of terms with conceptual links running through the matter is the core. The subject is a tender and noteworthy one for uninitiated and initiated persons who lurk after results, nay, for those who wish to leave the lower realm to higher realm. I have aggregated points from previous discourses, for easy and quick digestion, to unravel the myriad of life lessons that can help us increase productiveness in communications. Of truth, it’s been discovered that one can move from the realm of talking to the realm of communication or to say the least, authentic talk, one can graduate from the territory of the fake to the authentic, if the correct concepts are properly discussed, understood and practiced.

OF TALKS
What we know commonly and logically as ‘talk’ is that act in which someone speak out something, or even anything, be it garbage. In most cases, the mouth is the culpable object that suffer reproach but be in the know that ‘talk’ as we move on in this issue doesn’t preclude other verbal means of communication, text-chatting can also be grouped with the ‘talks’ we are dealing with here. From attention, I learned that talks, if used every time, do not achieve anything tangible, My radar locate noise and pollution every time long winded talkers appear on the stage of life, be you whatever you call yourself, the overuse of talk is noxious to the natural space. Talks, most times, come from the skull, or should it not sometimes bemuse us why people say things without following it through, talks may have no tangible root, it’s like a piece of debris that flies around, being carried by the undulating wind of jobless folks, it can be a waste, it might be dumped by some persons. So we shouldn’t be vultures patronising carcasses of life matters. We should focus on the tangibles, the real substance. Following talks, most times, has many mesmerising and deceptive effects, it can be misleading for our decisions and judgments. A man who wants the correct view of matters should transmogrify self into the realm of authentic information or correct communication for facts, good actions and positive results.
Long winded talkers waste time for themselves, for those who listen, when you have something to say, get to the point.- Bill Jones

OF COMMUNICATION
Communication is the exchange of ideas in the mood of mutualism- someone said.
Simple science teaches that communication doesn’t happen at chance or randomly or anyhow, for it is a more developed concept than mere talk. Communication must have a reason, a purpose, a sender, a receiver, a channel and a feedback. These elements mentioned, of certainty, must be present before communication is said to take place. Communication is deeper than mere talks because communication achieves something, it brings certain result or feedback, unlike idle talks, communication has roots. Focus more on communication and less on talks. Communication doesn’t approve of a situation whereby you are talking and the other party is not listening, that’s unacceptable, taking the ‘mutualism’ mentioned in the above definition into sight, mutualism as an ingredient of communication commands that both parties must be actively engaged in the communication process and not the other way round.
Never hold anybody by the button or the hand, in order to be heard out; for, if people are not willing to hear you, you had much better hold your tongue than them. - Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield (1748)
Result oriented people focus more on communication and not needless talks. Another interesting thing when you focus on communication is that communication can ensue through many channels, especially if you want to be outstandingly suave and effective: verbal, non-verbal, use of signals, sending of symbolic items, well worded letters, are just to mention but a few, among other ways to communicate. Men of substance know how to communicate without always talking, they can leverage or maximize signals or gestures, solid actions and sometimes talking into an effective communication.
My short and occassional charges as this, which I send you, as I have always done, will I conclude, as I am hoping that we will further in our private spaces think on ways to talk less and communicate more.

https://www.facebook.com/purposeville/posts/2421710757842763

(1) (Reply)

See as Hausa boy exhibit talent, grit and skill. A most see / Taa Ka Gọvanọ Willie Obianọ Agbara Ahọ Iri Isii Na Atọ (63): / In Ikeoha Ndi Igbo I Trust - Dr Benard Oshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.