Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Get Hold Of The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Hold Of The Word (317 Views)

Seven Women Shall Take Hold Of One Man- Biblical Prophecy / Get Hold Of God's Word / The Word For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Hold Of The Word by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:02am On Jun 02, 2018
Get Hold Of The Word

God has said something about that area of your life where you desire victory. But it is your responsibility to search it out.

The Bible says:
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6

That you are a child of God does not guarantee your victory. You need personal knowledge of what God has said.

Knowledge, they say, is power. The knowledge of God's word that you have about your situation will make you a victor.

It will bring you to a place of faith in God's ability and in your well purchased victory.

"... far be it from God that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.

Surely it is met to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more; that which I see not teach thou me; If I have done iniquity, I will do no more" Job 34:10, 31–32

This implies that evil comes through two main ways into a believer's life – sin and ignorance. Of the two, ignorance is more serious and pathetic.

The sinning believer, can easily be motivated to repent. Ignorance however, is a deadly enemy of victory.

If you are ignorant of God's word in a particular situation, the best you will likely do is to explain it away believing that it is God's will.

There was a time my son, David Junior's temperature started rising. This feverish condition persisted for two days. He began to vomit his food and suffered sleeplessness.

People said the symptom was normal because he would soon develop his upper milk teeth.

I said to myself that if that was so then it was necessary I set myself to find out what God has to say concerning children whose upper teeth are developing.

That may sound funny, but that is the wisest thing to do. A believer who wants to see good days should not take the world's views of things at face value.

He must probe into the truth of such views with the word of God which is the final authority in all issues of life. This is a necessary step to walking in victory.

I gave myself to the study of the word with the aid of a concordance.

I discovered that the Bible does not say that the development of a child's milk teeth should be accompanied by a feverish condition, sleeplessness and vomiting.

I went on to study in particular the welfare of believers' children. A great refreshing came over me.

The Holy Spirit began to illuminate my heart with the revelation of the relevant scriptures.

I discovered that:
"Children are a heritage (blessing) of the Lord" and that God's "blessing maketh rich and addeth no sorrow to it" Psalms 127:3; Proverbs 10:22

I discovered also that my child has an angel that owes him a protection duty.

The Word says:
"... Their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 18:10

Assurance is given:
"...I will contend with them that contend with thee, and I will save thy children" Isaiah 49:25

I needed no better assurances than these. I became victory–conscious on the issue at that stage.

You may ask; "How does one get to the point of personal knowledge of the word?" In other words, "How does one get to know from the Word what rightly belongs to him?"

First of all, you must agree with yourself that you require such personal knowledge. It is the soil in which faith germinates.

The Bible says "The just shall live by (his own) faith" Jesus said often,

"According to your (own) faith be it unto you" Matthew 9:29

This means that how much you receive from God depends on how much you believe Him for. Personal faith is the answer.

Another person's faith cannot offer you lasting victory over your personal issues.

Brethren can only help you up to a point by their faith. But you have got to be able to stand on your own feet and fight your own battles.

Since "faith cometh by hearing" (knowledge) you require personal knowledge of the Word before you can exercise it.

Hallelujah

To be continued...

Born To Win By David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us On, 08126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

The Reward Of Living A Righteous Life / Why We Prayed For Nigeria To Be In Crisis – Wike / Pattern Of Church Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.