Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. (1226 Views)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / My Experience Buying A Used TV / Power All Apps/pc Without Vpn On Mtn Mpulse Cheat - Samsung Max Apk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2018
Hello, fellow nairalanders.
I was so close to buying a PC without dedicated graphics memory. According to them, they said it doesn't really matter, that other features cover for it (RAM size, Processor Speed and so on) .. Being a heavy gamer,, I doubt that.

Now, my question is this. Are there really PCs (6th generation) that come without graphic cards? Or do these fraudulent sellers remove them before selling?

And is it advisable to buy one without graphic card?
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by jayauthentic(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2018
Most Pcs with dedicated graphics card are designed for heavy gaming or heavy workloads like AUTOCAD, VIDEO PROCESSING, etc... However an average Core i3, i5 or i7 chipset with a TDP of 35watts or more is still quite powerful without an inbuilt graphics card.
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by sotall(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
I was so close to buying a PC without dedicated graphics memory. According to them, they said it doesn't really matter, that other features cover for it (RAM size, Processor Speed and so on) .. Being a heavy gamer,, I doubt that.

Now, my question is this. Are there really PCs (6th generation) that come without graphic cards? Or do these fraudulent sellers remove them before selling?

Yes, there are many laptops with 6th and even 7th generation processors without dedicated graphic cards.
Most laptops with dedicated graphic cards have the chips embedded on the motherboard, hence they can't be removed easily without damaging the motherboards. So it will be plain stupidity to attempt removing an embedded Graphic chip from a functioning motherboard

1 Like

Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
jayauthentic:
Most Pcs with dedicated graphics card are designed for heavy gaming or heavy workloads like AUTOCAD, VIDEO PROCESSING, etc... However an average Core i3, i5 or i7 chipset with a TDP of 35watts or more is still quite powerful without an inbuilt graphics card.
The PC in question was HP Envy 15. I have checked the specs online. it supposed to come with a 2GB Nvidia Graphics card. Though it's i7
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
sotall:

Yes, there are many laptops with 6th and even 7th generation processors without dedicated graphic cards.
Most laptops with dedicated graphic cards have the chips embedded on the motherboard, hence they can't be removed easily without damaging the motherboards. So it will be plain stupidity to attempt removing an embedded Graphic chip from a functioning motherboard
Hi, thanks. Do you know HP envy 15?
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by jayauthentic(m): 11:48am On Jun 03, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
The PC in question was HP Envy 15. I have checked the specs online. it supposed to come with a 2GB Nvidia Graphics card. Though it's i7

What is the wattage of the power brick (adaptor)?
If it's 65watts or less, that's a lower powered core i7.
If it's more than 65watts (Eg 90 watts or 120 watts) then you have a powerful PC.
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
jayauthentic:

What is the wattage of the power brick (adaptor)?
If it's 65watts or less, that's a lower powered core i7.
If it's more than 65watts (Eg 90 watts or 120 watts) then you have a powerful PC.
Sadly, I didn't have access to these information earlier. But how can someone check all these on the PC? Thanks
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by jayauthentic(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
Sadly, I didn't have access to these information earlier. But how can someone check all these on the PC? Thanks

By power brick I mean the laptop charger... You should should see the watt written on it boldly
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
jayauthentic:

By power brick I mean the laptop charger... You should should see the watt written on it boldly
Lol. What if another charger is used? Maybe London used. and the sellers decide to swap chargers
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by calddon(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
@op if its games you intend playing with the laptop them you need a gaming laptop. A gaming laptop must have a dedicated gpu (Nvidia, Radeon etc) for processing graphics.

Mainstream laptops come with integrated graphics like the common intel hd graphics.

And yes there are variants of hp envy 15 that do not come with a dedicated gpu.

Most systems with a dedicated gpu have huge appetite for power due to their demanding processors and the need to fast charge the battery, hence their power packs or adapters have huge power output(u need to see my asus rog adapter it weighs heavier than a laptop powerbank)
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by millomaniac: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
geloorrrrdd:

Not every laptop comes with a dedicated graphics card. However every laptop has integrated graphics. It all depends on what you are using the computer for. Some games require high end graphics cards or dedicated graphics memory to perform optimally hence the reason gaming laptops always come with dedicated graphics however that does not mean laptops with integrated graphics cant play games. They will in some cases or they won't it all depends on the games requirement. Since you enjoy gaming I advice you buy a laptop with a good graphics card and dedicated graphics memory. But they are quite expensive.
Please you have to cut the sellers some slack some allegations are just absurd. The graphics card of a laptop can not be removed. You sound like a novice in the computer world so you are defintely not doing something right while looking up the specs of the laptop.

1 Like

Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
millomaniac:

Not every laptop comes with a dedicated graphics card. However every laptop has integrated graphics. It all depends on what you are using the computer for. Some games require high end graphics cards or dedicated graphics memory to perform optimally hence the reason gaming laptops always come with dedicated graphics however that does not mean laptops with integrated graphics cant play games. They will in some cases or they won't it all depends on the games requirement. Since you enjoy gaming I advice you buy a laptop with a good graphics card and dedicated graphics memory. But they are quite expensive.
Please you have to cut the sellers some slack some allegations are just absurd. The graphics card of a laptop can not be removed. You sound like a novice in the computer world so you are defintely not doing something right while looking up the specs of the laptop.

LOL.

Don't mind me. I was only surprised because the said PC (HP envy 15) comes with 2GB nvidia graphics, so why isn't he's coming with it? He also told me all PCs in his shop don't come with Graphic card (Reason why I said that statement earlier)
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by geloorrrrdd(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
calddon:
@op if its games you intend playing with the laptop them you need a gaming laptop. A gaming laptop must have a dedicated gpu (Nvidia, Radeon etc) for processing graphics.

Mainstream laptops come with integrated graphics like the common intel hd graphics.

Most systems with a dedicated gpu have huge appetite for power due to their demanding processors and the need to fast charge the battery, hence their power packs or adapters have huge power output(u need to see my asus rog adapter it weighs heavier than a laptop powerbank)
Thanks for the clarifications. God bless!
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by GreyBlood: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
geloorrrrdd:

LOL.

Don't mind me. I was only surprised because the said PC (HP envy 15) comes with 2GB nvidia graphics, so why isn't he's coming with it? He also told me all PCs in his shop don't come with Graphic card (Reason why I said that statement earlier)

Maybe he meant 'dedicated graphics cards'. Some sellers are just normal 'business' men with no knowledge of what the contents of a computer are.
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by Obinnau(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
calddon:

oga calddon please how good is this PC for gaming? hp 15-r011dx
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by calddon(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
Obinnau:
oga calddon please how good is this PC for gaming? hp 15-r011dx
From the information available online, its an entry level system, no dedicated GPU.
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by Obinnau(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
calddon:

From the information available online, its an entry level system, no dedicated GPU.
...therefore no GTA 5 for me?
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by aberyomi09(m): 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4540408/dell-inspiron-15-fhd-gaming

If you need a gaming rig...got one for you...4gb dedicated graphics with 16gb RAM....235K ONLY
Re: Buying A PC Without Dedicated Graphics. by calddon(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Obinnau:
...therefore no GTA 5 for me?
shocked no o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mint Samsung Note 8 With Slight Sidecrack SOLD..!! SOLD..!! / Macbook Pro 2018 I7 8th G, Touch ID, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB Dedi graphic, 512ssd / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Dual SIM For Sale SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.