Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' (15845 Views)

Juju Items Found At Ashawo Joints As Married Women Jubilate After Area Demolish / Pastor Delivered From Ritual Kidnappers, Says God Of Solution Ground Saved Him / Letter To '1 Million Boys' By Mushin Area Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by yeankhar49: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
Was dashing out of Lagos to meetup a 4:00 p.m speaking engagement at Osogbo - Osun State.

At about 11a.m, with the early morning rain still pouring down, i negotiated Osborne/Foreshore Road-Ikoyi inward 3rd mainland Bridge. Suddenly my car tyres hit some metal shrapnel hidden underneath the flood on the lanes. A little movement towards Adeniji/Adekunle and Gboa!! Two tyres went FLAT.

Getting stuck on #3MB is not an experience you wish for. Before i could blink - #ALAYE's (3 Area Boys/Street Urchins) from Adeniji Adele were already jogging towards me.

They started demanding #OwoILe. 20K!!!!!!.....I'm like - can you sight any ATM machine in the car? Trust the Area Boy instinct in an average Lagosian, i started wording them. They started getting unruly and i was calculating my next moves incase they try getting physical. Their chairmen were calling from under the bridge for updates and they were like....Bobo yi o cooperate o (He's not cooperating o). Network was horrible and when my phone could find a  bar, i quickly called my wife to call #LASEMA ( @lasemasocial )and my mechanic to get tyres and meet me up.

In less than 5 minutes  and i'm not kidding, this #LASEMA Agent - MR OWOLABI OLAWALE JUBRIL rode in on his bike. He already envisaged the situation and notified a Government Patrol convoy on his way coming. At their arrival ALL THE BOYS TOOK TO THEIR HEELS.

He took charge - Setup Cone barriers on the road to condone off other motorist in the rain till my mechanic joined me, approximately in about an hour.

After we were done, i requested to give him some cash as appreciation, HE DECLINED. Requested for his account details - HE DECLINED. Just said I AM DOING MY JOB. He only permitted me to take his pictures and i codedly snapped his bike plate number. I was not only impressed, I was DAZED.
This post is to celebrate MR OWOLABI OLAWALE JUBRIL (Bike Number -  LRU- 008 LA) for being such a RARE Nigerian and to LASEMA (@lasemasocial ) for such amazing, timely and Speedy response.
You only get to experience such social service abroad but right here in @akinwunmiambode 's LAGOS, it is HAPPENING.
SHOUT OUT TO EVERY SOCIAL WORKER OUT THERE. #May29th #DemocracyDay

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
LRU cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Olalan(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
Kudos to him and the Lagos state govt. But much more important is the need to curb the menace of area boys who harras innocent people daily in the state

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by icedfire(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
Are u sure this happened in nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by lordcabasa(m): 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
I Think Lagos is Ahead Of NIGERIA.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by naptu2: 5:55am On Jun 04, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by gonkin(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2018
Do mind those lazy Nigerian youth that just wanna extort. Its not as if they wanna help u. The land of the afonjas. Instead of them to help they prefer to oppress

That guy deserves a medal, award and a reward. This thing happened in Nigeria. I wish sars can be the same. You are supposed to feel safe been around the police but in Nigeria its the other way around

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2018
God bless you Mr Owolabi.
People like this should be encouraged

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by lonelydora: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Lazy "Owo mi da" youths.
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by 1miccza: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Honestly i'm impressed so far with the way Lagos is working. It would improve even more without partisanship.

6 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by AutoSpaNg: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2018
iojedmkl
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by nairavsdollars(f): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2018
That is why Ambode will get my vote for second term plus banning blood sucking VIOs from Lagos roads

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by ABDULSODEEQ(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2018
DOESN'T MEAN HE'S A SAINT!!! WERE U IN BLACK PANTHER?
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by macaranta(m): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2018
Good gesture... cool
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by dplordx(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2018
If every state was like Lagos you think people won't be taking visa to live in naija. God bless Tinubu. And I pay God punish Obj for doing nothing for Ogun state despite spending over a decade in power. That man is a bastard

11 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by femmy2010(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2018
Good job OWOLABI OLAWALE JUBRIL.

4 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Proffdada: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
Nice one @ OP
kudos to the LRU Mr Owolabi
More power to Ambode's elbow
More wisdom to lagosians
More jail term for those street urchins when caught cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by AdiDami: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2018
Good report about this outfit. Really impressive.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Sibe007(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2018
Lagos is on another level.

When the right people are employed to man sensitive positions, you get a working system.

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by PearlStreet(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
gonkin:
Do mind those lazy Nigerian youth that just wanna extort. Its not as if they wanna help u. The land of the afonjas. Instead of them to help they prefer to oppress

That guy deserves a medal, award and a reward. This thing happened in Nigeria. I wish sars can be the same. You are supposed to feel safe been around the police but in Nigeria its the other way around

The miscreants who wanted to extort him are streets
urchins. The LRU official who helped him are Yorubas.

Meanwhile, in the cave where you were downloaded from, we all know how your flatheaded brothers demand 'marching ground' from anything that lands there even if it's a bird.

Meanwhile, look at those bikes. Mention a single state in your potopoto region that has a single one. Even the patrol cars used by policemen in Lagos are good enough to snatch the wife of a local government chairman in your backward state. grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by PearlStreet(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
dplordx:
If every state was like Lagos you think people won't be taking visa to live in naija. God bless Tinubu. And I pay God punish Obj for doing nothing for Ogun state despite spending over a decade in power. That man is a bastard

When OBJ ruled during the military era, he had only one project in Ogun State. That was a bridge which granted him easy access to his house. As civilian president, he didn't have a single project in Ogun State.

The Sango bridge was started by Gbenga Daniel despite the fact that it's on a federal road but was abandon. As Speaker of the FHR, Dimeji Bankole used FERMA to complete the bridge.

On the day the bridge was to be commissioned, Ogun State Government was to commission it by 12 noon. Dimeji Bankole countered them that he was to commission it as he completed it. Guess what OBJ did, he came quietly to the place by 10am and commissioned the bridge before Gbenga Daniel and Dimeji Bankole got there.

10 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Marisepopo: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
Lagos should break away from Nigeria abeg, we are holding that state back

6 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by ybalogs(m): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
How I wish every Nigerian can do their jobs this diligently. Good job Mr Owolabi.

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Speakdatruth: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2018
OK na
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by bedspread: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Great News tho it's soooo unNigerian....
God Bless AMBODE
God Bless Lru
God Bless Lagos State

4 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by jaxxy(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2018
Haha my former colleague. Nice guy

I think LRU is very innovative and doing a great job in lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by tripoli007(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2018
These LRU guys are the best thing to happen to Lagosians .. They are swift and sharp , especially on tht 3rd mainland bridge axis

6 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by veacea: 9:36am On Jun 04, 2018
Okay
Re: Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 04, 2018
#TeamR1200RTP grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

SUG Pres. Of FUTA, Adeyemi & Sch. of Midwifery Involved In An Accident / Children, Others Fleeing Bandits’ Attack Drown In Niger / Fraud Alert - Bamise Ajetunmobi [investment Fraud]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.