Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? (1056 Views)

I’m Looking For Cheap And Old Android / That Old Android Phone Might Not Be Safe To Use: 6 Things To Consider / Transfer Data From Old Android To Samsung Galaxy Note8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? by thegloor: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2018

Xender App
Xender app allows Android users to share files seamlessly between two or phones, phone and PC and also between iOS and Android phones. This also allows phone users to transfer all apps, contacts, files, etcetera. From their old phone to their new phones using the smartphone replication option. According to Xender, Smartphone replication allows Smart switch of mobile data like your, music, videos contacts, SMS, pictures, games and any other files from your old phone to the new phone in one simple step.
To use it, make sure Xender is installed on both phones.
1. Touch the avatar at the top left of both phones
2. Select More, select Phone Replicate
3. On the “This phone is?” screen, select new on the new phone and select old on the old phone. Everything is pretty much straightforward from there.

4. On the new phone, select either “Old phone is android” or “iOS.”
5. Connect the phones and select what to copy on the new phone (logs, contacts). Hit the Import Button to begin.

Source: https://thegloor.com/how-to-migrate-your-data-from-an-old-android-phone-to-a-new-phone/
Re: Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? by thegloor: 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2018

Nougat Quick Device SetUp App
Most Android 7.0 Apps comes with DataTransferMaster app aka Quick Device Setup which allows phone users to quickly transfer phone’s data on devices with Android OS 5+. Just touch “I want to Send” on the old phone and “I want to Receive on the new phone,” scan and connect both phones, select data, files and settings to import and Hit “Transmit to new phone”

Remember to allow installation of apps from unknown sources via Phone Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.

Download quick device setup here

More options like backing up, synchronizing and restoring contacts, settings, and password available at source
https://thegloor.com/how-to-migrate-your-data-from-an-old-android-phone-to-a-new-phone/
Re: Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? by ryfoz(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
thegloor:

Xender App
Xender app allows Android users to share files seamlessly
5. Connect the phones and select what to copy on the new phone (logs, contacts). Hit the Import Button to begin.

Source: https://thegloor.com/how-to-migrate-your-data-from-an-old-android-phone-to-a-new-phone/

Nice one, thumbs up. A timely info for me

1 Like

Re: Want to know How To Migrate Your Data From An Old Android Phone To A New Phone? by MarkWayne89: 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
I'll try out this app and see if it works on my note 2

(1) (Reply)

The Cheapest Iphone X Cloned Phone You Can Get / Iphone 7 For Sale For 80k( Negotiable) / Which New Phone Can I Get At This Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.