Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? (1226 Views)

Luxurious 6 Bedroom Suite Duplex building plan / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Abraham Otti Buys New G-class SUV Ahead Of Christmas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? by Omokowa(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
G Suite is a software developed by Google to simplify work functions for business, Educators, companies etc.

G Suite is among the List of Google products identified as Google apps for your Domain and for works. It comprise of the following: Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, and Google+ for communication; Drive for storage; Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Sites for collaboration; and, depending on the plan, an Admin panel and Vault for managing users and the services.

G Suite has both the free and enterprise version now known as Google Apps for Business with monthly subscription, so you can choose which is convenient for you. Unlike the free version, the enterprise version has many features such as security settings, unlimited emails by offering more storage (30 GB per user), APIs for business integration, 99.9% uptime for Gmail, and 24/7 phone support, Synchronization compatibility with Microsoft Outlook and other email providers

Support for add-ons that integrate third-party apps purchased from the G Suite and so much more.

Let’s learn some of the functions of the apps that make up G Suite

Google Drive:

Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff.

With Google Drive, users can upload any type of file to the cloud, share them with others, and access them from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. Users can sync files between their device and the cloud with apps for Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS computers, and Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.

As part of G Suite, Google Drive comes with additional features designed for business use, including:

Either 30GB, 1TB per user, or unlimited storage, depending on the plan

Advanced admin controls, depending on the plan

Audit and reporting insights for Drive content and sharing, depending on the plan

Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms:

Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides are all a word processor, a spreadsheet and a presentation program respectively. And are today integrated into Google Drive. They all serve as collaborative software that allow users to view and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations together in real-time through a web browser or mobile device. Changes are saved automatically, with a revision history keeping track of changes. Google Forms, meanwhile, is a tool that allows collecting information from users via a personalized survey or quiz. The information is then collected and automatically connected to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is populated with the survey and quiz responses.

Now, "Google is clearly positioning its apps as a more affordable solutions for companies that need to occasionally edit Office files".

As part of G Suite, Google Docs and Slides come with additional features designed for business use, including unlimited revision history.

Google Sites:

Google Sites is a creation tool that allows multiple people to create and edit websites, without requiring coding knowledge or other web design skills. Developed  to help customers "quickly gather a variety of information in one place – including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and text – and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, their entire organization, or the world."

Google Calendar:

Google Calendar is an online calendar intended to help keep track of time and schedules. It is integrated with Gmail for users to easily add events from email messages directly to the calendar.

As part of G Suite, Google Calendar comes with additional features designed for business use, including:

Smart scheduling of meetings, where the service finds available times and appropriate locations based on coworkers' schedules

Public calendars for consumers to see a business' upcoming events

Calendar integration with Google Sites

Easy migration from Exchange, Outlook or iCal, or from .ics and .csv files

Ability to see what meeting rooms and shared resources are available

Google Hangouts:

Google Hangouts is a messaging service that incorporates technology from different communication services Google had developed.

Hangouts supports text, voice and video conversations (video up to 25 participants), and its cross-platform on the web, Android and iOS.

Hangouts covers the same 99.9% uptime guarantees that Gmail and Google Drive have, as well as 24/7 phone and email support.

As part of G Suite, Google Hangouts comes with additional features designed for business use, including:

Participants can share their screens.

The screen automatically focuses on the person who is speaking, and "intelligent muting" prevents background noise.

Businesses can host Hangouts on Air; public live streams that are automatically saved to the business' YouTube account

Integration with Google Calendar for one-click start of a Hangouts conversation at the beginning of a meeting

Custom controls for admins, including limiting access, turning chat history off, and the ability to eject participants for privacy

Custom status messages.

Hangouts Meet:

Unveiled as a video conferencing app for up to 30 participants and also described as an enterprise-friendly version of Hangouts. At launch, it featured a web app, an Android app, and an iOS app. Features for G Suite users include:

Up to 25 members per call (30 for G Suite Enterprise users)

Ability to join meetings from the web or through the Android or iOS app

Ability to call into meetings with a dial-in number

Password-protected dial-in numbers for G Suite Enterprise edition users

Integration with Google Calendar for one-click meeting calls

Screen-sharing to present documents, spreadsheets, or presentations

Encrypted calls between all users

Google+:

Google+, Google's social networking service, was launched in invitation-only basis.

It is used to let team members "engage and communicate" at "a deeper level", with a stream featuring posts, comments and Communities based on common goals. It "makes it easy for anyone to discuss and share ideas, no matter their team, level or location." It features Collections that make it easy to group posts by topic, in order for users to "show what they know and follow what matters most".

As part of G Suite, Google+ comes with additional features designed for business use, including:

Enhanced privacy controls

Restricted communities

G Suite Marketplace:

The G Suite Marketplace (formerly Google Apps Marketplace), is an online store with business-oriented cloud applications that augment G Suite functionality. The Marketplace lets administrators browse for, purchase, and deploy integrated cloud applications. It comprises the Business Tools, Productivity, Education, Communication, and Utilities categories.

Employees can be able to install third-party apps from the Marketplace without involving administrators.

Others include Google keep, vault, jamboard etc.

More functions you may love:

Make recruiting a whole lot easier with Hire.

Collaborate more efficiently with your team to identify, evaluate, and hire the best candidates.

Schedule interviews quicker and easier with Google Calendar integration.

Email candidates using Gmail or Hire, and view all communications centrally in Hire.

You can also restore lost file with G Suite

See link https://gsuite.google.com/signup/basic/welcome to sign up now for a free version or get the premium version for some costs.

ways to work better with G Suite

check here http://www.informationsecret.com/what-is-googles-…and-its-benefits/

Re: What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? by DeniseKendricks: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2018
Hello, please help me

I paid for domain and the fee required from me, but I can't seem to set up my Gmail account, I can't send or receive mails, it's very confusing, please help
Re: What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? by devintristan: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
G Suite is the best thing that has ever happened in the business industry. Working in G Suite will bring you so much comfort. But still, it needs protection from ransomware attacks and attempts to steal your data. That's why you need to do Google Apps backup with the help of https://spinbackup.com/products/google-apps-backup/. This way, your data will be safely stored in the cloud, and no one will able to steal it.
Re: What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? by Rating(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
DeniseKendricks:
Hello, please help me

I paid for domain and the fee required from me, but I can't seem to set up my Gmail account, I can't send or receive mails, it's very confusing, please help

You will most likely need an expert's physical support or via Video. But what happens often is that you most likely did not set the priority right. So, please check your priority setup in your server configuration.
Re: What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? by umarzaks: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2020
Hello, do you still have issues with your G Suite configuration? If yes, I can help you out. Just whatsapp me 08096460055.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Start Bedsheet Business / Ford Bus Business / Payoneer Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.