Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime (804 Views)

4 Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Africa In Your Lifetime / 7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Gistmeportal1: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2018
1. It’s one of the most empowering things you’ll ever experience in your life.

There’s nothing like embarking on a courageous journey alone. Even if you never travel again by yourself you’ll always look back and be appreciative you forced yourself out of your comfort zone.

2. You can go wherever you want.

Thinking of backpacking throughout SE Asia? Want to volunteer in Ghana? One of the greatest things about solo travel is that you can literally go wherever you want without someone else’s hesitations, budget, and schedule in mind.

3. Often people look out for you more when you’re alone.

When you tell locals you’re traveling by yourself they seem to go into Mom or Dad mode. They want to help you out in whatever way they can whether it’s giving you tips on how to be safe in the area, suggesting great places most tourists miss, or even opening their homes for a meal or a place to stay.

Read more on www.gistme.ng

1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by meobizy(f): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
I've read this before and I enjoy coming back to refresh my memory. Nice article. It has made front page a few times.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hmmm....I wonder how safe that is in today's society though?
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
Maybe if traveling in your home country.
For a woman to travel abroad alone... thinking about it makes me break out in a sweat.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
hiawathia1981:
Maybe if traveling in your home country.
For a woman to travel abroad alone... thinking about it makes me break out in a sweat.

My thoughts exactly smiley
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mobilia:
Hmmm....I wonder how safe that is in today's society though?

I pmed you

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by papiloski(f): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Its an amazing things seriously. I've been abroad now for four months by myself on study for a 5-month program and it's certainly out of my comfort zone cos I'm married with kids but I think you should travel alone once in your life, especially women, it shows you to you and it's a very empowering experience. You'll miss home, your loved one but definitely you'll be fine as long as it's just for a short while
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
papiloski:
Its an amazing things seriously. I've been abroad now for four months by myself on study for a 5-month program and it's certainly out of my comfort zone cos I'm married with kids but I think you should travel alone once in your life, especially women, it shows you to you and it's a very empowering experience. You'll miss home, your loved one but definitely you'll be fine as long as it's just for a short while

Interesting...but I think it depends on the country you have travelled to or are travelling to...which makes the difference "safety-wise". I think the "safety" issue is the challenge...especially if a country is not deemed "safe" enough to travel to.
I think there's a difference between going out to eat at a restaurant, or going to a movie, amusement park or even travelling to another city within a particular country, than to be travelling to a foreign country with different customs, cultures and laws etc.
But I do agree with the empowerment part. It's an amazing feeling being able to conquer a "phobia" or challenge oneself on an idea that may not be the norm.

(1) (Reply)

Lioness Snatches A Photographer's Camera / See Stunning Pictures Of Mt Etna Erupting Taken From Nearby Towns (Photos) / Any 2-4k Hotel or Guest house In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.