Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Am I The Only One Noticing This On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Am I The Only One Noticing This On Nairaland? (503 Views)

Am I The Only One Experiencing This Problem With Opening Nairaland / I'm I The Only One Seeing This? / Am I The Only Experiencing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One Noticing This On Nairaland? by TheUbermensch: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2018
Is it just me or is Nairaland a little bias?

One distinct feature of free speech is that while you're allowed to say what you feel, you should also give space to your enemy to hear his views.

I've been noticing something these past few months on this forum and I can now conclude that Nairaland is anything but impartial. When it comes to politics it is "Pro-Buhari" or "Pro-This Current Administration".

Or how else can you explain why people who support this government get away with breaking rules while some others get banned for breaking same rules but specifically for offering a dissenting opinion?

I mean it's quite obvious. Get to topics on FP. You would see those in support of this government using derogatory terms like "IPOBgoat" (even when such a person never identified with the IPOB movement), "Wailers", and even as far as calling them "thieves" because they believe the reason they are dissatisfied with this government is because they don't have a chance to steal like in the previous one which if you look closely makes no sense at all.

I have even seen a particular mod meddle in issues. I thought mods are supposed to be unbiased, and I think that is the reason the owner of this forum identifies as an atheist so as not the be accused of favouring one of the two major religions in this country over the other.

Why don't the mods like entertaining opinions which differ from the one "enforced" by the government? Why do they practice partiality when it comes to offering sabctins and bans?

But maybe the answer lies in the fact that no person or organisation can be truly impartial and sooner or later you'd have to pick a side.

God bless Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One Noticing This On Nairaland? by meobizy(f): 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Who the f-uck cares?
It took me only three days to realize freedom of speech was dead on this forum. I live with the reality everyday and adjust my comments to avoid bans. I suggest you do the same.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One Noticing This On Nairaland? by jude5240(m): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
TheUbermensch:
Is it just me or is Nairaland a little bias?

One distinct feature of free speech is that while you're allowed to say what you feel, you should also give space to your enemy to hear his views.

I've been noticing something these past few months on this forum and I can now conclude that Nairaland is anything but impartial. When it comes to politics it is "Pro-Buhari" or "Pro-This Current Administration".

Or how else can you explain why people who support this government get away with breaking rules while some others get banned for breaking same rules but specifically for offering a dissenting opinion?

I mean it's quite obvious. Get to topics on FP. You would see those in support of this government using derogatory terms like "IPOBgoat" (even when such a person never identified with the IPOB movement), "Wailers", and even as far as calling them "thieves" because they believe the reason they are dissatisfied with this government is because they don't have a chance to steal like in the previous one which if you look closely makes no sense at all.

I have even seen a particular mod meddle in issues. I thought mods are supposed to be unbiased, and I think that is the reason the owner of this forum identifies as an atheist so as not the be accused of favouring one of the two major religions in this country over the other.

Why don't the mods like entertaining opinions which differ from the one "enforced" by the government? Why do they practice partiality when it comes to offering sabctins and bans?

But maybe the answer lies in the fact that no person or organisation can be truly impartial and sooner or later you'd have to pick a side.

God bless Nairaland.

read your post

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2018 Alex Is Serving Some Indian Appeal In Stunning New Photog / Bbnaija: 'you Are Just An Instagram Beggar With Body Odor' - Mercy Blasts Tacha / More About Sammysingz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.