Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

A Funny Analysis Of My Preferred Nigeria Starting XI In Russia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Funny Analysis Of My Preferred Nigeria Starting XI In Russia (354 Views)

AS Roma Wishes Nigeria Happy 59th Independence In A Funny Way On Twitter / Maurizio Sarri Reveals When Kepa Will Return To Starting XI / Projecting Nigeria's Starting XI Versus South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Funny Analysis Of My Preferred Nigeria Starting XI In Russia by sodiqapril(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2018
Germany's world cup announcement and Leroy Sanes omission has got everyone talking and I'll probably continue to so till the tournament ends depending on Germany's performance in Russia. Since the international friendlies have not got anything juicy to talk about I don't think you'd mind if I bore you with an unprofessional analysis of the Nigerian world cup squad, I'll start with those I think deserve a spot in the starting eleven and slide to those that denotve a national award of selfless service to the nation if they realize how poor they actually and decide to stay back in Nigeria.
The three Goalkeepers: You could actually manure your garden with their shitty goal keeping skills and I'll never stop wondering why Rohr decided to drop our dear Gianluigi Ajiboye behind for a trio of trolls.
Brian Idowu: I've always been confused about this guy, I don't know if it's Idowu or Idovu. But on a bright side, Idovu sorry Idowu seems bright. Problem is, his attacking style seems not but good all the way.
Leon Balogun and Trust Ekong: The duo have proved to be a formidable pair so far but after the match against England, I began to have a nasty feeling that against a team with highly skilled and well paced attackers, the only thing that might be formidable about the two is their complexion but I pushed the thought quickly out of mind by reminiscing over their excellent past performances.
Shehu Abdullahi: He has shown himself to be one of the most consistent player in the current super eagles squad thought he was far below his best on Saturday thought it would be fair to blame it on Ramadan but if Ramadan ends next week and Shehu's poor form doesn't end with it we have tyrion ebuechi who is actually as good as his looks. But remember: so far, Shehu is the only Nigerian that will be playing in the UCL next season. I won't give Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi peace if I were him.
Wilfried Ndidi: Most successful tackles on the EPL last season and a regular starter in a midfield of Vincent Ibora, Adrien Silva,Thomas Amartey e.t.. And all clubs in the top six are rumored to looking for his signature. That tells you eveey thing about him.
Oghenekaro Etebo: He looks like Kante and plays like him also. I hope football scouts can take a look at this andr move him to a bigger club next season.
Mikel Obi:Till these moment, I've not seen anything spectacular about John Obi Mikel but when a hundred and sixty million people believe a player is excellent then how the ruddy hell does my opinion matter.
Alex Iwobi: To me, he is way better than Marcus Rashford and you know the English press describes Rashford as if he taught Diego and Maradona how to play football.
Odion Ighalo: Almost three years ago in the EPL, Ighalo was one of the top three strikers in the league at a time when manutd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all needed a striker. Had it not been for a mega money move to China, Ighalo would surely be playing at one of the clubs mentioned above.
Kelechi Iheanacho: If he was an English player, his nicknames would have been "Pele the jnr, little maradona, young Messi, K.Ronaldo" but he isn't English and his coach isn't helping matters by not giving him enough playing time but still I'll choose him over a thousand Victor Moses. I hope Rohr starts him in Russia. It will be a very nice thing if after our beautiful jersey, III(Ihenacho,Ighalo, Iwobi) would make us popular at the world cup.
Re: A Funny Analysis Of My Preferred Nigeria Starting XI In Russia by sodiqapril(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2018
My proposed formation: Any of the goalkeepers(it doesn't matter who he starts, they are all horrible) Shehu ekong balogun Idowu Ndidi etebo Mikel Ihenacho Ighalo Iwobi.

(1) (Reply)

My 12 Reason Why Super Eagles Would Go Far This World Cup / Mexicans Celebration In World Cup Win Over Germany Causes Slight Earthquake / NIGERIA - ICELAND 0 - 0.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.