Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

My encounter with a friend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My encounter with a friend (301 Views)

Snake Nearly Entered A Friend's House / Python Killed A Big Sheep In Aba, Caught By A Friend (Photos) / See The Snake A Friend Of Mine Killed (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My encounter with a friend by whizpet: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
By Ogunsona Peter.

It was dark but you can see the glimpsing of the stars, hear the lovely songs of the birds and the tiny creatures whispering. She sat outside her room looking dejected and in low spirit. I walked up to her and demanded her to talk to me. Outside her room was two plastic chairs which I grabbed the second to confabulate.

What happened to you? Why you so displeased about life? To my surprise, her first utterance was, after today, if you like you can inform everyone about my problem also. 'Also'? If you are a good mind reader, you should know what that means.

That's how she delineated all the story to me. From how she trusted friends with her life stories and was betrayed later by the same friends. She said, "After we had misunderstanding, anywhere i find myself there is this kind of look i get from people, people that i haven't talked with, already have knowledge about my life and my past". Lots of ladies believes that they prefer talking their deepest secrets or problem to a guy, I don't know why but any which way.

The point is, In as much as you need someone to talk to, definitely there's no way you wouldn't talk your stress out. Yes, i know. All am saying is, you should choose who you want to talk to wisely. When you want to pour out your life history to your friend(s), do ask yourself first, is this person secretive? "Oh! How can I know? Am I a witch?" You can know through how the person has divulged information about other people to you. You love it when he or she gist you with another person's problem? It's fun right?, you sit down confortably and readjust your chair just to listen more. Do you think if you tell the person your life secret or story, won't he or she gist another 'third party'?

"Ah! She's my best friend from childhood there's nothing I can't tell him/her." Remember there is another 'third party' waiting out there. This is definitely the rule of three friends. Two will be more closer. You should even know which of your friends to talk the main issues with. Don't get me twisted, there is no friend that doesn't serve a purpose or the other. There are some, when it comes to gossiping, they are the best. Some are religious they will advise you with the Holy Book. Some will fight for you even when you are not around. Those ones can kill for you. The truth is, choose wisely.

We are in the society where a problem shared is not a problem solved anymore, it's a problem gossipsed about. There is different between sharing your problem or what you are passing through and narrating your life history or secret with someone.

In addendum, becareful who you share your weakness with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Trump Accuses OPEC Of Driving Up Oil Prices / Supersize Your Weekend In Seven Easy Steps / Herdsmen Kill Airforce And Police Officers In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.