Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition (1013 Views)

Lenovo Z5 For Sale(slightly Used) / Lenovo Z5 Or Umidigi Z2, Which One? / Lenovo Z5 Might Just Be The World's First "True" All Screen Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Before now, a lot of people might have heard about the upcoming Lenovo Z5 (it was officially announced on June 5th). Pictures surfaced online and the a lot of people were impressed about the totally bezeless all screen phone with 95% screen to body ratio. It made a lot of people go online to search for the phone and lots of bloggers put this on their blog, many people were patiently waiting for the much anticipated phone. Lenovo’s VP, Chang Cheng, has announced via his official Weibo (Chinese social network) page, that the Lenovo Z5 will be able to sit on standby for 45 days before needing a charge. This indicates that the phone will sport a rather large battery, and the phone will have up to 4TB of storage. Impressive isn't it? Below is the picture that was teased and circulated online .

Ok lets assume this is just a sketch. But Chen also shared the image of the supposed phone on social media with no notch and complete edge to edge display with no chin.

Well it turned out that it was all a lie. The phone ended up not being an all screen display and it actually has a notch and a chin, in fact its no way near the proposed 95% screen to body ratio, instead it has an 83.6% screen to body ratio.

SO how does the image above correlate to what Lenovo have been teasing? Also the phone has 3,300mah battery, so much for 45 days standby time. Oh and it where is the teased 4TB storage? Phone has 64 or 128gb storage.

Ok, so it happens 45 days battery life is for the smartwatch x that was released alongside the phone. It can be argued that Lenovo didn't specifically state that the Z5 would have 45 days battery life but they knew exactly that people will interpret it that way. It worked and it got a lot of people google about the Z5.

And the 4TB storage that they teased ended up being the capacity of the hard drive that Lenovo is releasing. Business strategy to the point of lying, but what do u guys think, is lying a good way to attract interest? Because I know if Lenovo didn't lie about this things, nobody would give a damn about the Z5, they would have released it without anyone knowing about it. But it turned out being the most anticipated phone of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQCguj7_bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Ux_NjLDlM
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by henry007(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Web of lies

2 Likes

Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:
Before now, a lot of people might have heard about the upcoming Lenovo Z5 (it was officially announced on June 5th). Pictures surfaced online and the a lot of people were impressed about the totally bezeless all screen phone with 95% screen to body ratio. It made a lot of people go online to search for the phone and lots of bloggers put this on their blog, many people were patiently waiting for the much anticipated phone. Lenovo’s VP, Chang Cheng, has announced via his official Weibo (Chinese social network) page, that the Lenovo Z5 will be able to sit on standby for 45 days before needing a charge. This indicates that the phone will sport a rather large battery, and the phone will have up to 4TB of storage. Impressive isn't it? Below is the picture that was teased and circulated online .

Ok lets assume this is just a sketch. But Chen also shared the image of the supposed phone on social media with no notch and complete edge to edge display with no chin.

Well it turned out that it was all a lie. The phone ended up not being an all screen display and it actually has a notch and a chin, in fact its no way near the proposed 95% screen to body ratio, instead it has an 83.6% screen to body ratio.

SO how does the image above correlate to what Lenovo have been teasing? Also the phone has 3,300mah battery, so much for 45 days standby time. Oh and it where is the teased 4TB storage? Phone has 64 or 128gb storage.

Ok, so it happens 45 days battery life is for the smartwatch x that was released alongside the phone. It can be argued that Lenovo didn't specifically state that the Z5 would have 45 days battery life but they knew exactly that people will interpret it that way. It worked and it got a lot of people google about the Z5.

And the 4TB storage that they teased ended up being the capacity of the hard drive that Lenovo is releasing. Business strategy to the point of lying, but what do u guys think, is lying a good way to attract interest? Because I know if Lenovo didn't lie about this things, nobody would give a damn about the Z5, they would have released it without anyone knowing about it. But it turned out being the most anticipated phone of the year.

A disappointment, no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

A disappointment, no doubt.

A huge disappointment. Lenovo claimed they made 4 revolutionary change with this phone, I struggle to find even 1. It ended up just being another mid range phone.
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by correctBlogger(m): 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
I was already saving my money to buy that phone once the second hand comes out, not until i saw that news this morning... the thing pain me sotey i reject food.. grin
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

A huge disappointment. Lenovo claimed they made 4 revolutionary change with this phone, I struggle to find even 1. It ended up just being another mid range phone.
Underachievers, they've proven to be...
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
This is a very disappointed and angry Youtuber. If the video starts from the beginning, just fast forward to 3:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3P_SCoMaw0?t=197
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:
This is a very disappointed and angry Youtuber. If the video starts from the beginning, just fast forward to 3:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3P_SCoMaw0?t=197
This goes to show how much leaks and teases mean to phone fans... OEMs should really take note of this.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

This goes to show how much leaks and teases mean to phone fans... OEMs should really take note of this.

The thing is this leak is not from bloggers or fans, the tease came from Lenovo's VP himself. Teasing an all screen revolutionary smartphone and then releasing a mid range ordinary Android phone that we have already seen from other manufacturers.
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by fibonacci2526: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
I think I agree with MrWhosetheboss, they did it to gain recognition albeit I feel it's a risky way to do so which might eventually backfire.

That being said, the device is a steal for that price if you ignore the notch. lollll.
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by jetz(m): 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

lenovo got us on this one sha i suspected as much cos it was to good to be true at the price range they dropped
Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

The thing is this leak is not from bloggers or fans, the tease came from Lenovo's VP himself. Teasing an all screen revolutionary smartphone and then releasing a mid range ordinary Android phone that we have already seen from other manufacturers.
I know the teases came from Lenovo directly, I'm just saying it's so abominable that an OEM would lie to the fans with their teases.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Lied About The Z5 But Its A Business Strategy That Gives Them Recognition by kenomobola(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2018
greenhulk:
Before now, a lot of people might have heard about the upcoming Lenovo Z5 (it was officially announced on June 5th). Pictures surfaced online and the a lot of people were impressed about the totally bezeless all screen phone with 95% screen to body ratio. It made a lot of people go online to search for the phone...

Lenovo should be very careful. Remember how they hyped the S5, they said it would compete with the Redmi note 5, people got stoked thinking it would be powered by the Snapdragon 636; the S5 eventually launched with the all too familiar Snapdragon 625, disappointing many in the process. This is one stunt too many.
If they keep this up, people will start ignoring Lenovo press leaks and teasers. Lenovo should tread with extreme caution.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, See How To Identify Fake Tecno Phones And Batteries / Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (used) For Sale / Infinix Note 5 Stylus Came Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.