Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigeria HMO Scheme Is A Scam - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria HMO Scheme Is A Scam (922 Views)

Glo Health Insurance Scheme Is Nothing But A Scam / "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says / Nigeria HMO Scheme Is A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria HMO Scheme Is A Scam by Icon2007: 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
In my own opinion and with my experience with the HMO my place of work is using I can confidently say that HMO is scam. I was using a particular hospital at a time when I was a contract staff 5k was been deducted as monthly HMO contributions which was meant to cover me and my family. I used to go to the hospital for treatment mostly malaria related and I get a drugs equivalent of 1k after spending close to that 1k on transport.
So at a time I decided not to go again. I just get the drugs myself. In 2015 My wife had a miscarriage and I was at work I told her to go to hospital. I was shocked when she called back that she was asked to come back the following day after they have delayed her to make series of calls to the HMO. In my own interest I just asked her to go to another hospital. I did not have money thank God for credit card, I made use of my credit card to settle the hospital bill. I was seriously bitter and I did series of mail to the HMO they only said they were sorry
Now I am a permanent staff and my monthly contributions has increased. Registered with a better HMO of international standard. But I was shocked too as I went to the dental clinic to do S&P: scaling and polishing after the examination of my teeth they made call to the HMO. I was told to go that they will call me back. that was 1st of June after series of calls and mails from the clinic and myself I was told the treatment has not been approved, until yesterday when I was called from the clinic to come today for the treatment. My question is : what if its emergency? and with my contributions should there be need to make call to give me a treatment of 7k Honestly I am loosing hope in this country everyday. Or can some one educate me if I am missing something.
Re: Nigeria HMO Scheme Is A Scam by ImaIma1(f): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2020
Icon2007:
In my own opinion and with my experience with the HMO my place of work is using I can confidently say that HMO is scam. I was using a particular hospital at a time when I was a contract staff 5k was been deducted as monthly HMO contributions which was meant to cover me and my family. I used to go to the hospital for treatment mostly malaria related and I get a drugs equivalent of 1k after spending close to that 1k on transport.
So at a time I decided not to go again. I just get the drugs myself. In 2015 My wife had a miscarriage and I was at work I told her to go to hospital. I was shocked when she called back that she was asked to come back the following day after they have delayed her to make series of calls to the HMO. In my own interest I just asked her to go to another hospital. I did not have money thank God for credit card, I made use of my credit card to settle the hospital bill. I was seriously bitter and I did series of mail to the HMO they only said they were sorry
Now I am a permanent staff and my monthly contributions has increased. Registered with a better HMO of international standard. But I was shocked too as I went to the dental clinic to do S&P: scaling and polishing after the examination of my teeth they made call to the HMO. I was told to go that they will call me back. that was 1st of June after series of calls and mails from the clinic and myself I was told the treatment has not been approved, until yesterday when I was called from the clinic to come today for the treatment. My question is : what if its emergency? and with my contributions should there be need to make call to give me a treatment of 7k Honestly I am loosing hope in this country everyday. Or can some one educate me if I am missing something.

In the first place, HMO is supposed to be a benefit attached to your job. You are not supposed to contribute to it.

Secondly, that HMO is a scam. I have not had issues with the three HMOs I have used.

(1) (Reply)

ECG TRAINING LAGOS / Rwanda Begins Using Robots To Attend To COVID-19 Patients (video) / Is It Normal For First Round Of Sex To Last 1 Hour Without Taking Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.