Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians (565 Views)

Music Producers Sell Beats Online In Africa On AmplifiHub / To Producers And Artists. / A Thread For Music Producers And Audio Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by taofeeq137(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello, I need your help and contributions.
I started beat making a few years back, main genres have been jazz, hip hop, soul and trap, but recently, I kind of fell in love with the Afrobeat sound, I tried doing some research to figure out what makes an AfroBeat, but no matter how much I try, every beat Ive tried to make sounds like classic funk music with percussions.

Please, I would like to know from you all, "What makes an AfroBeat?"
Are there like rules to the chords progressions, note scales or note rhythms perculiar to afrobeat alone to make it sound like the typical Naija/Ghana Afrobeat.

NOTE: I am no music producer, just a beat maker by hobby.
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by taofeeq137(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Skelewu, anonynymous, ebenzmedia, dharmie, bigdiddo, emmyk, flairogy, virda, flashysounds, apholaryn, daman222, isholaoni, laviza, classicmusic68, abrahamzzi, skyhighweb, awwfar, mutiuogungbe, mickenzyondbeat, bombeatz,donglazy, afiamanu, dizzy001, differentmusics, iamret3k, joycegoody, taofeeq137
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by taofeeq137(m): 5:04am On Jun 07, 2018
ebenzmedia:
Skelewu, anonynymous, ebenzmedia, dharmie, bigdiddo, emmyk, flairogy, virda, flashysounds, apholaryn, daman222, isholaoni, laviza, classicmusic68, abrahamzzi, skyhighweb, awwfar, mutiuogungbe, mickenzyondbeat, bombeatz,donglazy, afiamanu, dizzy001, differentmusics, iamret3k, joycegoody, taofeeq137
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by taofeeq137(m): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2018
Rick9
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by skyhighweb(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2018
Listen to other afro beat n try copy what was done then start removing some chords and replace it with urs time by time u will have an idea what afro beat should sound like

1 Like

Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by Rick9(m): 4:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Afro Beat or Afro Pop or Afro dance-pop

Is a genre of Pop music with African inspired rhythms & instrumentations.

Pop is divided into various sub-genres, pop music the music that appeals to the wider audience, any song that appeals to the wider audience can be regarded as pop music because they are extremely popular,
some examples of popular music are, HipHop, r&b, pop, rock, jazz, etc.

now your main concern is afrobeat.
as noted earlier, afrobeat is the kinda music that is inspired by African rhythms and instrumentations, let me do my best to break it down.
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by Rick9(m): 4:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Pop Music is a genre of music that evoke so much feeling of happiness unlike r&b that evoke the feeling of sadness,

some sub genres of pop are , dance pop, downtempo pop, teenpop. afro pop. operatic pop etc.

let's limit ourselves to afro pop,
most of the songs that most naija Artists release are afro beat, or afro pop, it is an up tempo songs created for dancing that's why anytime you hear afro pop music u feel like dancing.
Re: To The Afrobeat Producers And Musicians by Rick9(m): 4:34am On Jun 08, 2018
How exactly are Afro Pop songs produced,

Pop Songs are generally produced with Major Scales and Chord Progressions

(if you don't know music theory I encourage you to learn music theory)

the tempo range of afro pop music range from 110-180bpm depending on how fast you want the song to be,

the songs emphasize melodies and instrumentals alot, drums & percussions, keyboards, strings, etc.

there's a way the snare sounds, sth like this 1 2 3 ... 1 2,
then the kick sounds like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 , some producers can silent some kicks eg Who you epp , listen to most Naina song u will notice that the snares and kicks sounds the same.

I can't really teach much by typing, but my suggestion for you is that you got YouTube, there are videos that can teach you how to create any kinda song.

thanks I hope this help, am not yet a professional record producer yet and just telling you from the little I know.

@ taofeeq137

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20k A Track @ Phat Wall Studios / biggie / Hot New: Spyke D Don Ft. W4, Jaywon, Mc Vance Download Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.