Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico (17538 Views)

A Very Simple Logic To Recognize The Only True Religion From God / Using A Very Simple Logic To Recognize The Only True Religion From God / The Easiest Way To Recognize The Only True Religion From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
TemmyTee82:

Lmao! Dude, when you don't know something, you should ask.

The devil, is very different from the deity Esu. The Christian devil never once lived as human. Esu was human once. He had a double personality, he did both good and evil, as he pleased. He was a trickster, very cunning and very lazy. He had no job.

The Christian devil did not exist in Yoruba culture. I guess your colonial masters influenced the Yorubas to adopt Esu's name for the devil because of his tricky nature. So the name was adopted for Satan, but they are two different people.

You sound like Igbo. Biko maintain your lane. Don't come here and be saying what you don't know about other people's culture.

The Christian devil is the same Yoruba Esu. How is what you described different from the serpent tricking humanity to do good and evil back in Eden? The devil in Judaism and Christianity also lived as a man. They are the ones the oyinbo call reptilian, lizard, alligator or nephilum, in my study we call them serpent seed. I can lecture you more on it if you like.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:
if indeed, u have read it as u claim, u will not be maintaining ur hogwash.

I have and it is not different from Kronus or Saturn.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by vaxx: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
brodalokie:

I have and it is not different from Kronus or Saturn.
which kind of person is this? Even the latest Yoruba bible has realized this mistake and change the name esu to satani which has no etymology in Yoruba phonetics to fit the English/Greek biblical description. u are so whitewashed, that u do not want see truth anywhere apart from what u subscribe to. ''change pls'' it suck
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:
which kind of person is this? Even the latest Yoruba bible has realized this mistake and change the name esu to satani which has no etymology in Yoruba phonetics to fit the English/Greek biblical description. u are so whitewashed, that u do not want see truth anywhere apart from what u subscribe to. ''change pls'' it suck

Esu or Satani, Devil, Saturn, Kronus, Lucifer, Serpent, Beelzebub, Juno, Bel, Baal, Tammuz, Bephomet, Osiris etc are the same person.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by TemmyTee82(f): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
brodalokie:

The Christian devil is the same Yoruba Esu. How is what you described different from the serpent tricking humanity to do good and evil back in Eden? The devil in Judaism and Christianity also lived as a man. They are the ones the oyinbo call reptilian, lizard, alligator or nephilum, in my study we call them serpent seed. I can lecture you more on it if you like.

I would have asked you to go on, but you obviously don't know what you're saying. The devil I know never lived as a human. He is a fallen angel. Esu the deity was never an Angel.
The devil never does good. He is pure evil. Esu isn't. However, the name Esu has been adopted for the devil too. If it's that Esu you mean, then fine.

You know nothing of Yoruba culture. You are ignorant, and I'm afraid you will die in your ignorance with this attitude. Suit yourself, I will not engage you any longer.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by TemmyTee82(f): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:

Exactly. Satan does not exist in Yoruba culture. Esu was adopted in error. Satani is more like it.

1 Like

Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
TemmyTee82:

I would have asked you to go on, but you obviously don't know what you're saying. The devil I know never lived as a human. He is a fallen angel. Esu the deity was never an Angel.
The devil never does good. He is pure evil. Esu isn't. However, the name Esu has been adopted for the devil too. If it's that Esu you mean, then fine.

You know nothing of Yoruba culture. You are ignorant, and I'm afraid you will die in your ignorance with this attitude. Suit yourself, I will not engage you any longer.

You dey vex o. Is your name manpara?
You see, the Edu deity that you know whether he was born by a woman or came down from the heavens is the same person of the Bible stories under different names as mentioned earlier and he does good with a hidden agenda. Some Jews have been known to worship Baal because they loved money. Jesus was accused of performing miracles with the power of Beelzebub. Serpent promised to make Adam and Eve powerful like God to do whatever they wanted and not obeying laws (do not eat...), Satan promised Jesus the whole earth if he would just worship him. Etc etc

Remember the tree of good and evil is represented by the serpent or devil.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by TemmyTee82(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
brodalokie:

You dey vex o. Is your name manpara?
You see, the Edu deity that you know whether he was born by a woman or came down from the heavens is the same person of the Bible stories under different names as mentioned earlier and he does good with a hidden agenda. Some Jews have been known to worship Baal because they loved money. Jesus was accused of performing miracles with the power of Beelzebub. Serpent promised to make Adam and Eve powerful like God to do whatever they wanted and not obeying laws (do not eat...), Satan promised Jesus the whole earth if he would just worship him. Etc etc

Remember the tree of good and evil is represented by the serpent or devil.

Goodbye please. Suit yourself.
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
TemmyTee82:

Goodbye please. Suit yourself.

The truth is universal. Cheers
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by Jonra(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
That bit about Stan Lee's fantasy and delusion reminds me of a saying by George McDonald - " To give truth to him who loves it not is to only give him more multiplied reasons for misinterpretation."

My delusion as you've called it is more in tune with reality than your unbelief. If you're a naturalist, I hope you know the full implications of the big bang and the chances that life evolved hence?

About Christ Jesus. At this moment, He's sitted on the right hand side of God the father interceding for me and you. Before that, he'd payed the price for our sins through his passions and a bloodied cross. Even now, the Spirit of God is sent to change the hearts and minds of men so they can worship God in truth and spirit. Have you never heard the saying by Blaise Pascal - 'the heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing'. Blaise Pascal who came to know Christ Jesus and proclaimed

"from about half past ten at night to about half an hour after midnight, FIRE. God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, not of philosophers and scholars. Certitude, heartfelt joy, peace. God of Jesus Christ. God of Jesus Christ. "My God and your God." . . . Joy, Joy, Joy, tears of joy. . . Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ. May I never be separated from him."

The followers of Christ Jesus were first called Christians in Antioch because of their Christlike disposition (Acts 11:20-21). I tell you brother, it's not by I am this or that but by action (Is that man or woman truly living like Christ?). Don't confuse it please!

Finally "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God"

This is STANDARD! Peace be unto you

hopefulLandlord:

tell us how he looks like

then compare your knowledge of how he looks like with that of fellow believers that claim to have seen the full picture of Jesus

the answers you'll get would explain to you why there are 30,000 different Christian sects who have all seen the "full picture of Jesus" but can't agree on anything among themselves

Yeah, elevate your own delusion over others
the odds that spiderman saves Mary Jane Watson from that fall is even lower than that
Maybe you should learn about Médecins Sans Frontières
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by Jonra(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks for the bit about Medicines... I've learned a thing or two

hopefulLandlord:

tell us how he looks like

then compare your knowledge of how he looks like with that of fellow believers that claim to have seen the full picture of Jesus

the answers you'll get would explain to you why there are 30,000 different Christian sects who have all seen the "full picture of Jesus" but can't agree on anything among themselves

Yeah, elevate your own delusion over others
the odds that spiderman saves Mary Jane Watson from that fall is even lower than that
Maybe you should learn about Médecins Sans Frontières
Re: Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico by brodalokie: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jonra:
That bit about Stan Lee's fantasy and delusion reminds me of a saying by George McDonald - " To give truth to him who loves it not is to only give him more multiplied reasons for misinterpretation."

My delusion as you've called it is more in tune with reality than your unbelief. If you're a naturalist, I hope you know the full implications of the big bang and the chances that life evolved hence?

About Christ Jesus. At this moment, He's sitted on the right hand side of God the father interceding for me and you. Before that, he'd payed the price for our sins through his passions and a bloodied cross. Even now, the Spirit of God is sent to change the hearts and minds of men so they can worship God in truth and spirit. Have you never heard the saying by Blaise Pascal - 'the heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing'. Blaise Pascal who came to know Christ Jesus and proclaimed

"from about half past ten at night to about half an hour after midnight, FIRE. God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, not of philosophers and scholars. Certitude, heartfelt joy, peace. God of Jesus Christ. God of Jesus Christ. "My God and your God." . . . Joy, Joy, Joy, tears of joy. . . Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ. May I never be separated from him."

The followers of Christ Jesus were first called Christians in Antioch because of their Christlike disposition (Acts 11:20-21). I tell you brother, it's not by I am this or that but by action (Is that man or woman truly living like Christ?). Don't confuse it please!

Finally "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God"

This is STANDARD! Peace be unto you

Make a new thread and invite me there so we can talk about Christ and being a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Someone Cast A Spell Of Death On Me As A Child / Spiritual Implications Of The Clamour For A Buhari Presidency / Does God Favor Some People Over Others?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.