Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,131 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

"The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) (32844 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / A Nairalander Visit To The Historic Cardiff Castle / Drone Pictures And Video Of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by BayelsaLegacy: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
In the words of HE Henry Seriake Dickson:

This castle was started by Chief Alamieyeseigha. Of course, as you know I was in the cabinet of Dr. Jonathan when he was governor.

We, within that short period that we were in government, didn’t think that completing the project as at that time was a priority. But when my immediate predecessor came on board, he managed to complete it.
“So he achieved the completion, including the furnishing and all that.

Now upon my ascension into office, I of course made it clear from day one that there was no way I was going to stay in this type of place. It is simply too grandiose. It is way out of format with my own personal standard,” he said.

The governor’s resolve on the matter is simple – make it a part of the state government’s tourism plan for the state. In that way, it becomes a revenue source.

Hence, the governor plans to convert the opulent structure into a six-star hotel to form an integral component of the new Tourism Island to boost tourism in the State.

https://www.facebook.com/BayelsaLegacyProjects/posts/170155183678147

3 Likes

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Austyn007(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
Beautiful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Oceannaagent: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
European Design. looks beautiful.

Earn a life time of success knowing you that you have made the right investment. This investment opportunity will bring to you not only a life of having extra income but as well a good retirement package.
Why not Invest now in Oceanna and reap the enormous benefits that comes from it.

Check my profile for an idea of what it's all about and place that call now on the number there.
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by jidexpet(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
water house
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
cool

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Jhayson(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
[right][/right]
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Adaowerri111: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good way to waste resources

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by stainlink(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
How
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Trapnews: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
We are patiently waiting for them to pass undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by motivate555: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Beauty

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Wonderboy91: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mtcheeew
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
shocked

Why will they build a semi-revivalism, semi-Tudor styled mansion in Bayelsa of all places?

Whack architect.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Kpilo101: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Waste of resources

2 Likes

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Splendid

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Bombiday(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
Not a castle but still grandiose. I can't believe a sitting Nigerian politician would turn down moving into this building to stay put where he is to even make it a tourist centre/hotel, this is just like something they say when campaigning. Who is this governor please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
normal building na

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by kpaofame: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
grin grin

Ok i will lodge Timilayefa there when next i come to Yenagoa...

Governance of Waste is prominent in Nigeria...So many structures are lying idle and in ruins... I commend the Governor for this move...

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Bugatie(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
So what it originally planned for

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bayelsa does not have a lot of land so they should try and maximize the little they have.

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Celestyn8213: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
Tourist centre ke? Nonsense
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Bustincole(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good 1
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by kenny714433(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
I came here ti see a castle. Is that the meaning of castle? I hope all of us used Oxford mathematical set, the building on the set is a clear definition of castle. not this bungalow here.

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
And so
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
6 star what?

6 Likes

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by engrobidigbo: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Govt & scam grin grin grin grin grin
BayelsaLegacy:
Now upon my ascension into office, I of course made it clear from day one that there was no way I was going to stay in this type of place. It is simply too grandiose. It is way out of format with my own personal standard,” he said.

I wonder what is so special about this building that is not seen around Asokoro, Abuja or Independence Layout, Enugu? This building has a poor architecture to produce a 6star hotel
BayelsaLegacy:
The governor’s resolve on the matter is simple – make it a part of the state government’s tourism plan for the state. In that way, it becomes a revenue source.

Hence, the governor plans to convert the opulent structure into a six-star hotel shocked shocked shocked to form an integral component of the new Tourism Island to boost tourism in the State.

https://www.facebook.com/BayelsaLegacyProjects/posts/170155183678147

2 Likes

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Alejoc(m): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lovely!

I dey come angry
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by nextstep(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
This is a wonderful incentive... I hope they see it through because once rehabilitated, this would make an excellent hotel. If they could also develop a few things around it to make it a more complete tourist attraction, that would even be better.

Trouble is government has a poor track record in maintaining and actually profiting from such things. They need to sell it to a private developer, really, and then hands off.
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
NoSidonLook:
i honestly didnt see anything magnificent. undecided

was hoping to see some mind blowing structures.

NIGER DELTA NATION ALL THE WAY cool cool

You took the words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by guterKerl: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Use all the fine adjectives to describe but it's still a waste. A coastal flyover bridge that runs across the riverine area of the state would have been better, so that during election season INEC staff wouldn't be stranded because of no speed boat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by FamousAbN: 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Just commenting ABI, this man above me sef.
Re: "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) by DaBullIT(m): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Fraud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. / Obituary Of Boy Killed After His Father Tried To Avoid Hitting Child On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.