Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? (10934 Views)

Communities, Markets In Sokoto Abandon Naira, Trade In CFA Over Scarcity Of New / Banks Blame CBN For Scarcity Of Naira Notes / CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by TourismMan(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Have you noticed that you hardly buy something these days and the seller has N50, N100 and N200 for you as your balance? Once your balance is like N50 0r N100 most especially, sorry is your case because what you would mostly hear is "sorry abeg I not get N50 (or N100 as the case may be) change for you" and if peradventure there is, the N100 will be so thorn and worn, while the N50 would be wearing tape all over the body.

What is happening in the country? Where is our government, banks and other concerned bodies? What is going on? How is the situation in your area?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by TourismMan(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lalasticlala, since u show back from your honey moon, I believe say madam go don carry belle by now. Oya, as u go soon become papa, take this thread to the promised land.

4 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by oshe11: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
Chaiiiiii

Especially 100naira

Thats was how I went to the market and one wheelbarrow pusher was saying "They said this one na government of change and even to see change give people na war"

I just laughed because before then, when I wanna buy anything, the trader would first ask "YOU GET CHANGE"

100naira don turn GOLD for my side

40 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by obembet(f): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
M
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by olametrix(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by eliash: 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
So true..sometimes I feel like the people selling wants me to spend more money on their shop

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I'm tired of this country.

Obafemi Awolowo will always regret why his image was put on #100 note.

#100 don suffer for this country.

All our polymer don turn to old women wey dey tie wrapper with cellotape.

They will give hundred naira for market. you'll check it front and back with cello tapes around like an earthquake victim you just have to take it that way because someone gave to the person you're collecting it from.
To spend the money you collect now now na problem. Wetin?
Even #200 is following that path already

Honestly, sometimes I prefer they give me a good #50 than this #100 I'm talking about

This country is messed up

☣ ☠

13 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by jaymejate: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
These days if you have just one #5, just throw it away or wait till you see another one.

Please I'm looking for #5 to add to this one so I can use it to buy pure water.

16 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
I dont deal with lower denominations. Scarcity of dollars is my major headache

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by niceprof: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
looks like the ones lacking, are those with no Arabic inscriptions,wont be surprised if they are deliberately being taken out of circulation to be replaced by new notes with the Arabic inscription.

20 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Mutemenot(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by habeeb246(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Inflation mmmmm
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
The CBN hasn't printed lower denominations recently we need it to flood the market, it's really annoying that the national anthem now is No Change.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by koolguy88(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Same issue in my location, Kano.
Please, what are the banks doing about this?
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by oyetunder(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin So far We have biggest denominations...in our pockets.
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by mybestlove(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
We have reached the promised land of APC. N5, N10, N20 had disappeared at the inception of Buhari regime and just before he goes N50, N100 and N200 are following, just imagine.

This is a sign of a failed state. We're demanding the reintroduction of our coins and the banknotes are going out of circulation,

8 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by bernard1000001(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
na 5 and 10 naiRa i barely see.....right now somebody dey look for 20 naira change lol

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Divay22(f): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
None is scare in my area.
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Section1000: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
No sakulation of lower notes, na why people just dey shout no change upandan ! !

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by CYBERGHOST007(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari Buhari Buhari Na God go punish you....

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by canalily(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
That is to tell you that change is scarce in Nigeria. See where they park them

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Section1000: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
For sale oooh.... holla ASAP
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
The only problem here is lack of clean N100 notes. The lower denominations still plenty
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by SalamRushdie: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Another evidence of poor management from the Buhari Administration..the scarcity is a deliberate one driven by nepotism and bigotry 100 percent .. The Buhari govt has refused to replace those lower currency out of pure nepotism and bigotry

100 : worn out notes are not being replaced because the govt has refused to order new notes over concern about the lack of the Arabic Ajami on them and there is a plan to first re introduce the Ajami before new notes are printed ..

50, 20, 10, 5 naira: are being plagued by patent concerns over the use of polymer technology as the Nigerian govt have refused to order new notes from the patent owners of polymer minting technology because the believe Soludo gets a secret cut from orders paid for ..so the plan is also to return those currencies back to paper when the new design for the 100 naira is ready .

3 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
No change.
No change.
No change EVERYWHERE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by ikorodureporta: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
D good thing is th@ people dnt reject torn notes anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ñaira hoarding, Buhari must go and everything will be fine again

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by missioner(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Been thinking it's peculiar to Abeokuta alone.

from cab drivers, bike men, to food vendors, even petty traders...Their new slogan before anything is 'do you have change? '
It's annoying ehn.
yet we can't blame them.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? by sirvvy: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
undecided for the past one month, all the 100naira note I've collected all have a touch of sellotape on it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anyone Using Alertpay Account? / Ubah: I Will Contest Anambra Governorship Election / Access Bank To Publish Names Of Debtors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.