Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. (1243 Views)

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) / My Lemon Became Lemonade At Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja / Life Of A Shy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Queennette(f): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Like what they say "If life throws lemons at you, make lemonades out of them"... For the naija hustler, life throws agbalumo at us.

Months backs, President M. Buhari, allegedly, referred to Naija youths as Lazy. The average OMO NAIJA is a work in progress with the hustling spirit burning on the inside. Well, let's share my story.

Have you ever had that Spark that Lit up that "Kai, i no go dey broke for this life" moment. I call it the #Spark2Lightup. This happened to me in my second year in the university.

I was just a young girl trying to make good grades even though i didn't like my school . I guess going far away from home made me feel like the world was against me, so my loner life.

I had countable friends, about 4 amongst which one was a blogger and a social media influencer. He was loved by everyone and was approached by everyone to hype their events and products and so on. I watched him make money but i felt becoming the ambassador i had wished to become, was the ultimate goal and i shouldn't get distracted.

It all took an entirely different turn when "hunger wire me" one very day. I called home and my parents reminded me i wasn't the only child and they couldn't send me money as often as before. YAWO JUS GAS!! Then it dawned on me that i was a Lasgidi breed and an OMO NAIJA at large.

I literally trekked to my friends house and begged him to open a blog for me and this was how i fell in love with the idea of content creation. Slowly and Surely, the snail would get to the finishing line. My #Spark2Lightup wassa goal! A new hobby was birthed, and of cause, monetized.

I got my first few cash from event promotions and brand promotions. But for the hustle spirit, i stepped up my grind and got Content development and Strategy as my Core and Graphics design to accompany. This time, i did these for my passion and the MULLA! It's the HUSTLE grin

Hopefully, I'd be an ambassador when next i visit earth but for now, LET PASSION PREVAIL.

Less i forget, this thread was birthed from @papilagos' thread on twitter, as seen in the images.

Hehehehehe.So, Feel free to share that Spark that lit up your hustle. I'd wait for the FTC.

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Ennyholar: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
You can be what you want to be when you set your mind to it.. don't limit your ability.
Be Great.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Ejadike(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nice one OP... All man gas to hustle irrespective of the situation. I Duff my hat for step you took to make money. BTW what's this #Spark2Lightup I'm seeing everywhere?
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Pekuliar: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Use the resources around you to make way for your self.. Develop success from failure and watch your world spark up.. #Spark2LightUp

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by nnaomaog(m): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Spark up life with tecno

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Ennyholar:
You can be what you want to be when you set your mind to it.. don't limit your ability.
Be Great.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Behankey(m): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Some of us are not great story tellers. But we can summarize our journey from when we started aspiring to what we are now. Persistence, Hardwork and Obsession are the required qualities needed to light up your spark.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by chicwoman(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2018
I like this thread
Well done OP

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Rubiesangel: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Life doesn't give us all exactly what we want. But we must count of our God given ability to adjust to changing life's circumstances. I was just having this conversation with a friend.

You see, even the high and might express life challenges. So let's not think it's only the 'medium or lower class' people that experience it. Great post, well done op.
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Abiodunspectre(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2018
Everyone have their own different stories to tell
I grew up in one of the notorious city in Lagos, Mushin
Through thick and tough we survived regardless.
We are not there yet but we are better than we are yesterday.

Cc lalasticlala , seun what's your success story?

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
Ejadike:
Nice one OP... All man gas to hustle irrespective of the situation. I Duff my hat for step you took to make money. BTW what's this #Spark2Lightup I'm seeing everywhere?

The idea behind the #Spark2LightUp is to encourage the naija hustle spirit, i think
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abiodunspectre:
Everyone have their own different stories to tell
I grew up in one of the notorious city in Lagos, Mushin
Through thick and tough we survived regardless.
We are not there yet but we are better than we are yesterday.

Cc lalasticlala , seun what's your success story?

Yes o... that's the spirt dear. Lasgidi alone issa #Spark2LightUp
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Rangel: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
We have to adjust to changing circumstances. The maxim "no condition is permanent " is an indication. Strive to succeed in spite of how difficult it is.
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2018
Behankey:
Some of us are not great story tellers. But we can summarize our journey from when we started aspiring to what we are now. Persistence, Hardwork and Obsession are the required qualities needed to light up your spark.

Good one. But it takes alot to be persistent and that's got me still search for something to spark up persistency. Would you like to suggest please?? #Spark2LightUp
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 6:48am On Jun 10, 2018
chicwoman:
I like this thread
Well done OP

Same here o. Well done OP. #Spark2lightup toh bad!
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2018
I'd like to know who this OP is. This is indeed a great thread (content). Even though the engagement isn't as good as the thread, you still deserve some accolades.

For me, every facet of life has a #Spark2Light up. We just have to find ours. My hustle journey has not be the most ugly of them all but at the same time, it hasn't been the most wonderful of them all. But las las, we go dey alright. Keep it up OP.
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by ProMedia(f): 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
ProMedia:

I #Spark2LightUp, is a new trend that was launched to encourage our naija people discuss what gives them a spark, either in their journey through life or during their quiet time.

It also encourages the naija hustle spirit.
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Queennette(f): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ennyholar:
Be Great.

Yes, you are right. Thanks for stopping by
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by Queennette(f): 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
chicwoman:
I like this thread
Well done OP

Thanks mami.
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by PromoMedia(f): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
hahahahhaha.... This is a nice thread. I guess we all have that one thing that Sparks us up in our journey through life. I have had a fair share of both bitter and sweet but las las, we go dey already. #Spark2Lightup
Re: Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. by yhungbrowhne(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
lol nice one

(1) (Reply)

'Satanic Verses' Book By Salman Rushdie In Ikeja, Lagos / Home Gal Self Publishes Her First Novel / Ask For A Story On Any Topic The Lord Will Give Me Instant Story For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.