Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out (1213 Views)

IT Gurus,please Step In And Advice Me. / New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. / Java Gurus Please I Need This Little Assignment Solved ''appreciation Involved" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by deedat205(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2018
I want to start developing mobile applications and I'm considering React Native. I don't have a good experience with android studio(my system is 4 gb ram and I don't know why it can't still cope with it).

I have seen various tutorials online to get started. Most of them require download several packages to get started, one even requires installing python 2.

I want to know the simplest way for a beginner to get started (I understand only Javascript).

Please, is android studio still neccesary. Virtually all the tutorials require installing it.
Re: React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:58am On Jun 09, 2018
You don't need Android Studio for React Native development, all you need is to have the Android SDK installed on your system. I do React Native development with Visual Studio Code and thats enough for me
Re: React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by klazbaba(m): 6:36am On Jun 09, 2018
There's even an option where you don't need have the Android SDK. You could use the create react native app. This allows you develop for both Android and IOS without their respective packages. Check here for more: https://facebook.github.io/react-native/blog/2017/03/13/introducing-create-react-native-app.html

If you need help with going about it, I'll be glad to help.
Re: React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by deedat205(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks for those wonderful tips. you guys are awesome
Re: React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by yorex2011: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
Don't forget your eslint too
Re: React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out by SetrakusRa(m): 12:38am On Jun 12, 2018
klazbaba:
There's even an option where you don't need have the Android SDK. You could use the create react native app. This allows you develop for both Android and IOS without their respective packages. Check here for more: https://facebook.github.io/react-native/blog/2017/03/13/introducing-create-react-native-app.html

If you need help with going about it, I'll be glad to help.
BlueMagnificent:
You don't need Android Studio for React Native development, all you need is to have the Android SDK installed on your system. I do React Native development with Visual Studio Code and thats enough for me

Can you guys give am explanation on how to really setup react native on my windows PC? It's really not that easy, pls

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy: Programmer Wanted / Codefixbug - Software development company / A Mobile App Developer Needed ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.