Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course (1479 Views)

Survival Fund Clarification / 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out / Times Higher Education Lists University Of Ibadan As Top 400 In Medical Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Ademola47(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Good day everyone. For days now, I have been bothered over a career issue. Initially, I applied to University of Ibadan but after seeing my jamb score (304) i felt I couldn't make ui merit list, I then decided to change to a less competitive course in the college of Medicine. I changed to Medical Laboratory science. All this while, my father was away (on a business trip since last year). When he came back and I told him what I changed to he started scolding saying am not serious again (because I had 316 in jamb last year) and that instead of me doing that Medical Laboratory science he would rather I waited till next year and obtain another jamb form. But the problem is that am tired of staying at home and I have been trying to convince him that once I get admitted, I would work hard so as to change to Medicine and Surgery department. But I don't know how possible this is because I have not attended any tertiary institution before and there are different speculations that UI is very tough.
Nairalanders! please help what should I do.
Also, I don't know if there is anyone who can summarise the post utme topics for a better jacking process.
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by dannytoe(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2018
so studying Medical lab science instead of medicine make's you less of a human? grow up bro. this is nigeria were what you study is barely relevant. as politics and nepotism now dictates who get's what and who dosnt, ur certificate cant guaranty u a job after u graduate. u may be shocked that the same father pressuring u to study medicine will be first to called u a lazy youth after you graduate and cant find ur self a job. my advice take that course get into school do ur best, graduate and start a business if possible.
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Ademola47(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
Thanks bro for your reply.

Nairalanders am still awaiting your comments
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Mimmie2301(f): 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Study wat u wnt 2 nd feel is right 4 u,nbdy wud bear d consequences nd epp u 2 carry ur cross later nt even ur dad
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by cheapuniversal: 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Here is cheap and easy study program for any one who is interested. all courses are available at a very cheap Price with high quality of education that can be compare to any standard university anywhere in the world.
available courses are medical - MBBS, Nursing, Pharmacy, Engineering, Aeroneutic, software, computer animation, MBA ETC
you can contact us : Phone No. +916301249032,
whatsApp :+916300151569
Email_Id mario4real@gmail.com
visit our blog for details https://cheapuniversitiesstudy..com/
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Ademola47(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nairalanders! am still waiting for your comments
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by MrEgghead(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ademola47:
Good day everyone. For days now, I have been bothered over a career issue. Initially, I applied to University of Ibadan but after seeing my jamb score (233) i felt I couldn't make ui merit list, I then decided to change to a less competitive course in the college of Medicine. I changed to Medical Laboratory science. All this while, my father was away (on a business trip since last year). When he came back and I told him what I changed to he started scolding saying am not serious again (because I had 296 in jamb last year) and that instead of me doing that Medical Laboratory science he would rather I waited till next year and obtain another jamb form. But the problem is that am tired of staying at home and I have been trying to convince him that once I get admitted, I would work hard so as to change to Medicine and Surgery department. But I don't know how possible this is because I have not attended any tertiary institution before and there are different speculations that UI is very tough.
Also, I don't know if there is anyone who can summarise the post utme topics for a better jacking process.
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless
From your story, your Dad prefers you study medicine and you also wanted it albeit you don't want to stay at home any longer.
Well, the idea of changing back to medicine later after being admitted to med lab seems difficult and not readily feasible, It hardly works except in rare cases of strong connection.
There's no doubt he's afraid you might not be to change later owing to the fact that your orientations might change later or It might not be easy as you presume it hence his ?insistence.
At this Juncture, try to seek the assistance of those persons he respects , I believe it might work.
From my one end, I'd suggest while you accept med lab , you should also take jamb form for medicine If that's what you really want..
Medical Laboratory science is a very good course with abundant prospects though.
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Ademola47(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks Sir for your comment
Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by phase1: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ademola47:
Good day everyone. For days now, I have been bothered over a career issue. Initially, I applied to University of Ibadan but after seeing my jamb score (233) i felt I couldn't make ui merit list, I then decided to change to a less competitive course in the college of Medicine. I changed to Medical Laboratory science. All this while, my father was away (on a business trip since last year). When he came back and I told him what I changed to he started scolding saying am not serious again (because I had 296 in jamb last year) and that instead of me doing that Medical Laboratory science he would rather I waited till next year and obtain another jamb form. But the problem is that am tired of staying at home and I have been trying to convince him that once I get admitted, I would work hard so as to change to Medicine and Surgery department. But I don't know how possible this is because I have not attended any tertiary institution before and there are different speculations that UI is very tough.
Thanks in anticipation.
God bless

If you think that Medical Laboratory Science is inferior and easier, then you are in for the greatest shock of your life.

If you are looking for an inferior or easier course you'd better find another Facaulty and leave Medical Laboratory Sciences alone so you don't end up wasting your parent's dough and writing the 1st professional exams for donkey years.

1 Like

Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by Jabarzee(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
phase1:

If you think that Medical Laboratory Science is inferior and easier, then you are in for the greatest shock of your life.

If you are looking for an inferior or easier course you'd better find another Facaulty and leave Medical Laboratory Sciences alone so you don't end up wasting your parent dough and writing the 1st professional exams for donkey years.

Lol i was surprised when he called MLS a less competitive course, a whole MLS

1 Like

Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by phase1: 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
Jabarzee:

Lol i was surprised when he called MLS a less competitive course, a whole MLS

He never jam.

1 Like

Re: Need For Clarification In Medical Related Course by LaiveNg: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
I keep telling people that there is no gift that's as valuable as the gift of life. Life is given by the Supreme Being as a gift. And every gift has a limit that no one can explore beyond. It would be very wise if you avoid living the life that others want you to live. Your life is yours and not your Dad's. Live it to your taste!

This story of yours has succeeded in presenting an x-ray into one of the core reasons why our country may take "longer than neccessary" to develop and compete favourably with the international arena.

Coming back, I also once thought I'll study medicine, but today, I'm here in UNICAL, doing Public Health; and I am in love with it. No one chose it for me. Common, just be mature enough to always stand by your opinions. Like a fellow above said, your dad won't be there when you'll be facing the "pains" of studying medicine. Be wise!!!

(1) (Reply)

Fct School Of Nursing, Abuja Application Form / Snakes' Ears Are Hidden Inside Their Heads. / WAEC Time Table 2019 Released | Download Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.