Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Sony: If You See 3D Gaming, You'll Want A 3D Hdtv - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony: If You See 3D Gaming, You'll Want A 3D Hdtv (983 Views)

Nigerian Myths Story Line Development For A 3D Game / I Want A New Ps3 Slim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sony: If You See 3D Gaming, You'll Want A 3D Hdtv by kosovo(m): 3:33am On Jun 01, 2010
We've all seen 3D movies but have any of us yet played a 3D video game? A few insiders and journalists have, of course, but most all consumers are simply imagining what the experience might be like,

And right now, all we can really do is compare it to our experiences watching 3D films in the theaters. However, while Sony admits that the current market for 3D gaming is currently very small (for obvious reasons), they maintain that one cannot compare merely watching 3D to actually participating in 3D. According to what a SCE UK sales director told MCV, Sony obviously wants to sell as many 3D-enabled HDTVs as possible, and as quickly as possible, so the new technology can get off to a fast start. And really, 3D gaming is just "more compelling:"

"We’ve seen this in action and I must admit that I think 3D gaming is much more compelling than 3D movies because once you’ve experienced a game in 3D you’ll want to buy a 3D TV. It certainly converted me. It’s much more compelling."

PR boss David Wilson chimed in by saying that the 3D dimension in films could be deemed a "novelty," while there are concrete advantages to utilizing an extra dimension in the interactive entertainment industry. He uses MotorStorm in 3D as an example:

"If you’re a gamer playing a driving game you want to be in the driving seat, you don’t want that cheaty third person view where you can see the corner coming way ahead. But when you’re in the cockpit it’s often quite hard to judge that corner. Take F1, as an example. You’re very low to the ground on a flat circuit – it’s hard to see where the world goes. 3D changes that. Here I am, here’s the end of the car, here’s the end of the road.

That improves the experience and, donning my Tomorrow’s World hat, shows where it might go in the future in terms of when people actually start making games for 3D as opposed to adapting existing titles."

In principle, we agree. At the same time, we still have to see it directly in front of us before we can agree that it feels like an entirely new experience. What's your take on the matter? Will 3D gaming be that much different than 3D movies? And how long do you think it will take to catch on?

(1) (Reply)

Ps2 Console Downloading Still Avilable At Good Prize / Browsing Can Make You Rich With Simlpe Logic / Sonic Fans Where Do I Get The Game Featuring Miles For My 3110c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.