Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

My Sad Sickling Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sad Sickling Story (453 Views)

Sad And Depressed!! I Am In My 20s And Impotent / SAD NEWS: Family Of Seven Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (photos) / Seeing My Son Makes Me Sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Sickling Story by Troubledmind: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
I was born a healthy baby, i grew up fine until nine when i started having pains in my elbow joints, i never had this pains growing up, so my parents assume i fell from a tree and dislocated my joint since i was a very active kid, they took me to a local bone healer who couldn't do anything except worsen my condition, so i was taken to the hospital where i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, i started living off meds and local herbs until the pains finally died, i remained healthy until ss3 where i started looking sickly and aneamic, i tried every blood biulder but it only made my eyes yellowish in color, i became so weak that when i walk a few sec or run I'll feel like fainting, i started having crisis from time to time, all my joints ache and I'd cry and cry, i gradually learnt how to manage it and stay away from hardwork and everything triggering,

It stopped when i gained admission to the uni, throughout my stay in the university i got sick twice, only twice, then i graduated successfully.

When i returned home last year November, i fell sick again, this is nothing like before, the pain was so excruciating that i couldn't wish my enemy, i called my mum to my room, i didn't want to look into her eyes, because she loves me so much that she'd kill herself if anything happens to me, I've seen the limits she can go for me before, so i tried my best to hide my tears and be a man, with the pain i am experiencing the only thing i wished for that moment was Death, a quick one at that, aside the pain, i felt like i am gonna breathe my last that night, because i felt pale and ghostly, cold, my breath is short, i was turning blue, my whole body is in pain,

I told her to be calm, that if anything happens to me, she should look to my siblings and stay alive for them that they need her more than i do, i told her everything including how much savings i had, my social media passwords, my next of kin everything, and i was taken to the hospital that night unconscious, after i was given a morphine drip i felt bliss, i was dying slowly but in happiness, FOLKS DEATH IS NOT WHAT PEOPLE MADE IT LOOK LIKE, IT'S PEACEFUL AND NOT DREADFUL AS THEY SAID, i blacked out.

The next day i woke up to this cruel world again and i was annoyed i didn't die, the pains subsided but the doc said i needed blood transfusion and my genotype is SS, thats where the problem came,

Firstly since i was born i haven't been to the hospital more than six times believe it or not

Secondly i hardly fall sick, maybe twice or trice a year

Thirdly i haven't had any blood transfusions before

How can i be a sickler but haven't had a blood transfusion before, i was devasted, my whole world just shattered, i told my mum to let me die that i will never agree to blood transfusion, my dad yelled and yelled, they signed whatever crap the doc signed and i got the blood transfusion, i hated myself afterwards, when i got back from the hospital, my wicked brother made fun of me, that i was forming iron man, i am tall and never get sick, how does it feel to know i have drank blood, i cried myself to sleep that night, and that night i lost a brother, nothing would change that, he's dead to me.

When i finally recovered, i searched for my birth certificate and i realized that my genotype isn't SS on the cert, so i went to three different hospital, two cert came as AS, One is AA, i don't know what to believe in anymore, i have resorted to taking folic acid, and painkillers from time to time to help me stay alive because i don't know whats wrong with me anymore, i get pains or crisis from time to time and my eyes get yellow from time to time, but my test results said I'm not a sickler, i don't get sick everytime like they do, i work from Monday to Saturday every week no break, i do strenuous exercise, haven't been to the hospital more than six time in my life, one blood transfusion and I'm in my twenties. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Stan.

Dominique Mynd44 please fp, this guy needs your help
Doctors suggest drugs that can help him
Re: My Sad Sickling Story by Administration1: 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
I don't understand, are you still suffering from the excessive pains and sorts?
Re: My Sad Sickling Story by Troubledmind: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Administration1:
I don't understand, are you still suffering from the excessive pains and sorts?
yes he does
Re: My Sad Sickling Story by mattsvibes: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
You Should Run A Background Check On Your Self Someting Is Wrong Some Where One Of Ur Parent Is A Carriea it not possibe to be a A A And Have Crisis
Re: My Sad Sickling Story by RemedyLab: 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
For arthritis patients, here is the natural home made remedies to relieve arthritis pain:
http://naturalremedylab.com/natural-remedies-for-arthritis/

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read - Five Outstanding Health Benefits Of Ginger / Boost Immune System With NEEM Tea Plus Vernonia Bitters / Man Fitted With £50k Bionic Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.