Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) (2569 Views)

Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) / Deposed Deji Of Akure’s Wife Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by egin(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2010
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by Outstrip(f): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2010
This is crazy. Look at that woman's body. That man needs to be locked up. Nothing else is acceptable.
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by olafolarin(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
Oluwadare Adepoju Adesina the Deji of Akure land, on Sunday evening physically assaulted one of his wives in a free for all in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

Oba Adesina, accompanied by his latest wife, Remi Adesina, descended on Olori Bolanle Adesina and inflicted injuries on her.

NEXT gathered that Olori Bolanle had been ordered out of the palace by the monarch, following a slight disagreement between the two. The traditional ruler then invaded the private residence of Olori Bolanle with stern looking people suspected to be thugs, who gave the hapless woman a thorough beating.

The incident was said to have happened around 5.30pm on Sunday when the the Oba, along with Remi, stormed the residence of the second ‘Olori’ located on 141, Hospital Road Akure, in an SUV and Toyota starlet.

On sighting the Oba and his wife, Olori Bolanle sneaked into her room and asked the people around to tell them she was not around.

But when they could not see her, the monarch allegedly ordered the stern looking youth that accompanied him to destroy the building.

NEXT further learnt that it was at this stage that Bolanle came out of hiding and challenged the people on the reason why they invaded her house. This was said to have infuriated Oba Adesina, who directed that a hot substance should be poured on her.

It was at this point the younger brother of Olori Bolanle and some passers-by descended on the Nissan Pathfinder brought to the scene by Oba Adesina. The vehicle, marked “Deji of Akure”, was seriously damaged by irate youth, who vowed to deal with him seriously.

In an attempt to escape being dealt with by the people of the area, the Oba fell into the drainage along the road and his cap allegedly fell off his head. It took the quick intervention of the police from the state command to save him from being lynched by the irate mob.

‘God saved me’

While narrating her ordeal, Olori Bolanle said it was God who saved her life from death.

“I had to block my face because they wanted to pour the substance on me to deface me. But, I was lucky to have blocked it with my two hands,” she said.

“Despite the fact that I was forced out of the palace without the opportunity to take my belongings, Oba Adesina still came to my house to fight me for unjust cause. When I noticed that there was nothing I could do, I had to call the police who responded swiftly to my distress call. It took the intervention of the police to put the situation under control.” Olori Bolanle urged security operatives to beef up security around her so that the monarch would not be able to take her life.

Efforts to speak with the Akure traditional ruler proved abortive, as he refused to comment on the issue when contacted on his cell phone.

Oba Oluwadare Adepoju Adesina was on Novemeber 8, 2009 declared unworthy of the throne and his seat vacant, by the kingmakers in Akure. He was subsequently barred from the palace. Oba Adesina was also accused of not completing the traditional rites four years after he assumed the throne. It took the intervention of the state governor, Olusegun Mimiko, before the kingmakers could revert their earlier decision.

Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by olafolarin(m): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2010
This is really barbaric.The Oba should be deposed and barnished from the Palace.
I hope the Kingmakers will depose this mean bastard who called himself Oba.
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by Sissy3(f): 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
my goodness!
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2010
And this was done by someone called a leather?
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by dominique(f): 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2010
what could she have done to deserve this kind of treatment? sad
Re: Oba Assaults Wife (deji Of Akure) by indie22(f): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2010
Hmmmm, i just pity that 'latest wife", she's accompanying her new husband to go and deal with her iyale, That whip that was used to deal with the old wife is there hanging on the wall waiting for the younger wife's turn,

(1) (Reply)

Abali Weds / My Wife Prays And Curses My Female Admires With Bible At Midnight / Nigerian Man Show Of His Wife Who He Met When She Was A Minor (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.