Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Lets Talk Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lets Talk Android (1039 Views)

Lets Talk about Android! / Tecno Boom J7 User Pls Come Lets Talk / "lets Talk Iphone Event" Today 4th October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk Android by seunpayne(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2010
you either didn't know it or you did but android is slowly eating up the market. wanna know more? lets talk
Re: Lets Talk Android by excellomo: 1:40am On Jun 04, 2010
Most ppl dont know what android os is for now.but its spreading lil by lil,watch out for Nokia new phone, N8,it has android with amoled screen, Am currently using google nexus one, and am loving it,
Re: Lets Talk Android by beecrofty(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2010
For the benefit of we blockheads, who do not know jack about what Android or Nexus is, Will you be kind enough to expantiate
Re: Lets Talk Android by Ralvy(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2010
You know, last I checked, google still use to return search results wink Android is an Operating System like Maemo (soon to be Meego) and a bunch of others. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
Google don't have a phone of their own, but you'd find the OS on many HTCs. I've heard that HTC has built a phone according to Google's (Android Developer's) specs. but that's about it.
Re: Lets Talk Android by seunpayne(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2010
ok emmm android, yes is an os annd no, thank goodness, it is not associated with the N8 which i think is a glorified 450euro brick. thhe advantages are enormous and very very attractive. my fingers wont let me type it all so follow the link in the first post to know more and should i suggestt you start saving to get your own android too? itg getting bigger so dont be left out.
Re: Lets Talk Android by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
abdroid is old news!!!

start trying to get a device that will run meego!!!

may i recommend N900.

a close pal bought one yesterday, updated the OS to the latest update, and boy was i impressed!!!! terrific, absolutely terrific!

that fone will turn out to be an error by nokia in the sense that its one of those products they make and regret cos, that kinda stuff wont promote sales!!! they need all the crap you buy and replace in 6 months, that fone (mini pc actually) is one hell of an hardware!!!#

i saw tor, yes tor on it yesterday. and openvpn
oh boy, here i come, this one na investment
Re: Lets Talk Android by engrhamid(m): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
4llerbuntu:

abdroid is old news!!!

start trying to get a device that will run meego!!!

may i recommend N900.

a close pal bought one yesterday, updated the OS to the latest update, and boy was i impressed!!!! terrific, absolutely terrific!

that fone will turn out to be an error by nokia in the sense that its one of those products they make and regret cos, that kinda stuff wont promote sales!!! they need all the crap you buy and replace in 6 months, that fone (mini pc actually) is one hell of an hardware!!!#

i saw tor, yes tor on it yesterday. and openvpn
oh boy, here i come, this one na investment
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Lets Talk Android by belushi7: 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
google's android os is actually taking over the center stage. both winmos and iphone os are scrambling to ensure this doesn't happen. While Microsoft and Apple keep throwing stones at each other especially after the news of apple overtaking microsoft as the no 1 technology company, google is working tirelessly towards beating both of them, and so will it be.
Re: Lets Talk Android by seunpayne(m): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2010
if for one minute you thought that nokia would have anything to compete with android, guy thimk again,
look out there, see whats happnin, even the apple kips pushing the release date of thier 4G because of the race android is running. windows 7 cant make a phone yet because they also know now isn't the time and moto, sony e and samsung have also started making android, so you said who? nokia? no, i heard they might even buy from windows. nokia is not yet up but i think they will but not with any of thier current brands.
Re: Lets Talk Android by Thelonius: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2010
Android's google's access to the mobile world, for now it has a minimal market share and it seem it will stay like that for a while considering the innovations coming from RIM, iPhone and the most anticipated Nokia's Symbian^3 OS. Android's on a gradual climb though as developers are gradually embracing and building apps and cool phones to exploit its features.
Re: Lets Talk Android by Ralvy(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2010
It appears Android is lagging far behind rivals
topnews.co.uk/26073-android-lags-far-behind-rivals
Re: Lets Talk Android by moonraker(m): 5:32am On Jun 08, 2010
The Andriod Concept is good, Problem is, they (google) has clients

like HTC< Samsung etc that take the core OS and customize it into their own thingy,

which is turn is a good and bad thing at the same time,

No wonder peeps are flocking over to the apple side, The Software is just polished OFB,
Re: Lets Talk Android by tux: 8:40am On Jun 11, 2010
I'd like to buy an android phone. Where can I get to buy one in naija??
Re: Lets Talk Android by ExInferis(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2010
paid a small fortune for a Nexus One. the phone sux something awful. hate android, feels much like my old G1 does even with froyo (rooted).

gimme 110,000 and its yours.

Re: Lets Talk Android by Ralvy(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2010
Lol! , and u think anyone will pay that much after such a revies, Mind posting pics?
Re: Lets Talk Android by texazzpete(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2010
seunpayne:

if for one minute you thought that nokia would have anything to compete with android, guy thimk again,
look out there, see whats happnin, even the apple kips pushing the release date of thier 4G because of the race android is running. windows 7 cant make a phone yet because they also know now isn't the time and moto, sony e and samsung have also started making android, so you said who? nokia? no, i heard they might even buy from windows. nokia is not yet up but i think they will but not with any of thier current brands.

Nokia, compete? They're the market leaders, man! And they will remain the market leaders for a long time as long as they can churn out mass market, pocket friendly smartphones like the 5800.
Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 phones will be out in Q3/Q4 this year. Where do you get your news from? Your entire post is full of FUD.

PS: Android won't catch up to Apple's iOS in a long while. And as soon as Windows Phone 7 hits the market, expect the release rate of android phones to be slowed down considerably.
Re: Lets Talk Android by flyuche(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
texazzpete:

PS: Android won't catch up to Apple's iOS in a long while. And as soon as Windows Phone 7 hits the market, expect the release rate of android phones to be slowed down considerably.

catch up in terms of what? sales ?
Re: Lets Talk Android by ExInferis(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ralvy:

Lol! , and u think anyone will pay that much after such a revies, Mind posting pics?

one man's meat,

texazzpete:

i dpont quite agree. win phone 7 is every bit as closed as ios is, and while the momentum of android goes beyond openness, it's still quite a major factor. the hoops oems have to go through with MS and their draconian dictates of hardware, design, app approval etc is far and beyond the hurdles to android. and not being able to customize the hell out of that ugly zune UI (modding UI ala SPB Mobile Shell etc was one of the biggest points of relic winmo) only serves to make android more appealing, especially to the geek squad. just so long as google stops being an ass and allows Marketplace on bastardized android.

i expect Bada to fail, BB OS is just going from bad to worse, if anything i expect a surge in android devices unless and until HP does something with WebOS and licences their inevitable frankenstein-esque creation.

remember, android is always free.

flyuche:

catch up in terms of what? sales ?

ease of use and sex appeal.

look, android goes on countless devices by various oems, IOS is only on like 3 devices (iphone, ipad and ipod touch). discounting fragmentation by volume i'll say IOS outsells android.
Re: Lets Talk Android by nazzyon(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
Transdroid

Transdroid is an Android torrent client manager for µTorrent, Transmission, rTorrent, Vuze, Deluge 1.2+, BitTorrent 6 and others. You can show and manage torrents, add them via URL, RSS feed or integrated search. Home screen widgets are included as well as a background alarm service

http://www.transdroid.org

Works on Android mobile.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Help My Curve 2 Have Network Problem / Where Can I Get A New CHEAP Blackberry Playbook In Lagos.. / Mtn Data Share, Now You Can Share Your Data Plan With Your Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.