Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America (2714 Views)

Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals / British Embassy Blocked Visas Of Afghan Students Offered Scholarships To The UK / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by realitychick: 8:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Nigerian travelers welcome in the US but must be law-abiding.
Among the number of reasons the United States Government had revoked the visas of some Nigerians traveling to the US might have been because of overstaying the period of admission, applying for asylum in another country, and working without proper authorisation.

This was indicated in an email correspondence THISDAY had with the US Embassy in Nigeria during the week.

According to the American embassy’s spokesman, Russell Brooks, a visa already granted to a Nigerian traveler can be revoked if there were reasons to do so.

“With regard to our general policy, the Department of State does review visa issuances when information comes to light that results in a finding that the individual no longer qualifies for the visa and based on that information, the visa will be revoked. There are a number of reasons for a visa revocation including overstaying the period of admission, applying for asylum in another country, and working without proper authorisation. If a visa is revoked, the US Mission will attempt to notify the individual but there is no obligation to inform the individual as to why the visa was revoked,” Brooks said.

He, however, stated that individuals whose visas were revoked might re-apply if they desired to do so and their application would be considered again for eligibility to enter into the US.

Though the embassy official refused to disclose the reasons some Nigerians’ US visas were revoked recently, he said Nigerian travelers with legitimate reasons to travel and had not flouted the American laws on previous visits were always welcome to the country.

“Visa decisions are based on individual qualifications and the cases are considered confidential. Nigerian travelers are welcome in the United States. The fact that the consular sections in Lagos and Abuja are the busiest on the continent and rank among the busiest in the world speaks to the closeness of the relationship between our two countries and the fondness that Nigerians have for the United States.

“Nigerians who wish to travel to the United States for legitimate purposes, such as tourism or education, who have every intention of returning to their home country, and have abided by U.S. law on prior visits have nothing to fear,” Brooks stated.
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2018
ok
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:06am On Jun 09, 2018
[b]Nigerians who wish to travel to the United States for legitimate purposes, such as tourism or education, who have every intention of returning to their home country, and have abided by U.S. law on prior visits have nothing to fear,”

If you have a good genuine reason and all things looking good, more often than not, you won't be denied and things will definitely go good and fine in your ways over there.
END OF DISCUSSION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by hisgrace090: 8:37am On Jun 09, 2018
I see no reason of traveling to any country unless on a few days visit.
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by daryoor(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2018
hisgrace090:
I see no reason of traveling to any country unless on a few days visit.
God has blessed u financially .i know yr type

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by peacengine(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2018
Nice one from US consulate. Baba God abeg punish all those asylum seekers rubbishing our image
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by daryoor(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2018
There is an explosion in the number of visa applicats to the us so nobody is safe, from those applying at the embassy to those at the port of entry to those renewing via Dropbox the scrutiny is crazy now.

This is because 90% of applicants are planning to overstay their visa.

Shiit hole country shiiit hole leaders

#Get that visa

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by Kmartt(m): 9:55am On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:
There is an explosion in the number of visa applicats to the us so nobody is safe, from those applying at the embassy to those at the port of entry to those renewing via Dropbox the scrutiny is crazy now.

This is because 90% of applicants are planning to overstay their visa.

Shiit hole country shiiit hole leaders

#Get that visa

All is well!

1 Like

Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by realitychick: 10:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Everyone saying Nigeria is a shit hole��if you have means of making stable income and can afford naija standard of living,,,,why will I want to port�I can only visit those places,,,,We die here���

2 Likes

Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by naijacentric(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
Abeg america na heaven am sure dis guys are happy naija is dis way see how much money dey makin from us at least we know dey control the financial system of d world dat impoverishes the third world countries no wonder ghadaffi was killed
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by anibirelawal(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
post=68313760:
[b]Nigerians who wish to travel to the United States for legitimate purposes, such as tourism or education, who have every intention of returning to their home country, and have abided by U.S. law on prior visits have nothing to fear,”

If you have a good genuine reason and all things looking good, more often than not, you won't be denied and things will definitely go good and fine in your ways over there.
END OF DISCUSSION

The simple truth is that they dont want people that will over stay in the country, rather wants those that will ' come, see and go back to their respective home'
Re: US: Why We Revoked Visas Of Nigerians Travelling To America by armadeo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
realitychick:
Everyone saying Nigeria is a shit hole��if you have means of making stable income and can afford naija standard of living,,,,why will I want to port�I can only visit those places,,,,We die here���

As in all die n.a. die.

I will die in this naija.

Why scrutinise myself for second class citizenship. I have never been denied visa whenever I travelled cos I feel they are psychologically trained to notice who wants to run..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inside Makoko: Nigeria's Biggest Slum (Video) / A Year Business Visa To Moldova / Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.