Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Oba Beats Wife In Public! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oba Beats Wife In Public! (13010 Views)

Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) / Man Beats Wife To Death / Man Beats Wife To Death In Lagos For Being Barren (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Beats Wife In Public! by excelabbey(m): 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2010

Deji of Akure beats wife in Public
•Irate youths protest action
By Damisi Ojo | The Nation
Tuesday, June 01, 2010.

It was a scene to behold. Hundreds trooped out to watch the drama on the street of Akure, the Ondo State capital.

In full public glare, the Deji of Akure, Oba Oluwadare Adesina, allegedly beat beat up his Olori, Bolanle. The oba’s subjects were aghast as they watched the show on Sunday evening.

Oba Adesina told The Nation on phone yesterday: "It is just a domestic matter," adding: "Husband and wife are bound to have misunderstanding."

The oba was said to have left the palace with his most junior Olori, Remi Abiola, and another Akure High Chief to fight with Olori Bolanle on the popular Hospital Road, Akure.

His action annoyed some youths, who came to the Olori’s rescue. The irate youths were said to have vandalised the monarch’s Pathfinder Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) after mobbing him.

The Oba, witnesses said, was whisked off by a team of policemen in a patrol vehicle. He was said to have fallen into a ditch in an attempt to escape from the mob, his cap reportedly fell off his head.

Trouble started at about 5.30 pm when Oba Adesina, along with Olori Remi, stormed the residence of Olori Bolanle at 141, Hospital Road, Akure, in his SUV and another Toyota Starlet car marked (Ondo) AL 963AKR.

On alighting from the vehicles, Olori Bolanle was said to have run into her room and asked her people to tell the oba she was not around.

But when he could not see her, the oba was alleged to have ordered the stern-looking youths that accompanied him to locate her at all cost.

At this stage, Olori Bolanle came from her room to know why she was wanted.

There was said to be an exchange of words, which prompted the oba to order that hot ashes, believed to have been mixed, be poured on her.

A woman who attempted to shield the olori had a raw deal in the hands of the oba’s entourage. Olori Remi was even said to have smatched a plank on the senior Olori’s head.

The younger brother of Olori Bolanle and youths of the area then mobilised against the monarch and his entourage.

When it was obvious that the youths wanted to lynch Adesina and that he could not escape without being beaten or molested, the Officer-in-Charge of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) was contacted and he dispatched his men to the scene.

But the monarch’s vehicle had been vandalised and blocked with another Xterra SUV belonging to Olori Bolanle, making him to leave in the police patrol vehicle.

It was learnt that the oba and Olori Bolanle have been at loggerheads for sometime, a development that prompted the olori to pack out of the palace and relocate to her parents’ home.

Oba Adesina was said to have come to her home to retrieve the properties he bought for the olori. These include the Xterra SUV.

The oba said some people wanted to tarnish his image by saying he beat up the olori in public. (Auspy: Errr, what was that they say about about smoke and fire again?)

According to him, there is nothing to it all; it is just a domestic matter between husband and wife.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/54818-oba-beats-wife-public.html
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by tunnytox(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
Very unfortunate, the ppl of Akure have a thug as their king!
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
That's insane
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2010
Oba wife

Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
DDDAAAYYYYYUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!
what kind of injuries are these?! how did he exactly beat her in public to make such marks?!
oba or not, whoever made these marks should go on vacation in a police cell!
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by otawa: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
In full public glare, the Deji of Akure, Oba Oluwadare Adesina, allegedly beat beat up his Olori, Bolanle. The oba’s subjects were aghast as they watched the show on Sunday evening.

if confirmed true, the Oba has annoyed the Gods. He must open the 3 calabashes to determine his fate.

where are the King makers??
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by chiogo(f): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
WTF??

Ignorance at its best. Olori coo Ibori nee. I pity these women playing "senior wife" and "junior wife" for some arrogant fool. Arrant nonsense!

The sad part is that he'd get away with it.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nitori  Olorun. . . .  this is more than breating. I'm sure some chemical substance was also used.

Oba Adesina told The Nation on phone yesterday: "It is just a domestic matter," adding: "Husband and wife are bound to have misunderstanding."
Opolo oba yii ti daru sha.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by bolof2000(m): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
this is serious
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by otawa: 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
FL Gators:

Nitori Olorun. . . . this is more than breating. I'm sure some chemical substance was also used.

Opolo oba yii ti daru sha.

he he. Yes oh, the Oba don go gaga.

He should be dethroned. Only after 'independent investigation'
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Fhemmmy: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
chiogo:

WTF??

Ignorance at its best. Olori coo Ibori nee. I pity these women playing "senior wife" and "junior wife" for some arrogant fool. Arrant nonsense!

The sad part is that he'd get away with it.

I will blame the woman for wanting to stay with such animal
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by chiogo(f): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I will blame the woman for wanting to stay with such animal
Yea, that too.

But she coulda been forced by parents. undecided
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by gidson12(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2010
that piece of shit that calls himself oba, need to be seriously dealt with, nonsense, how can such a person rule or manage his subject if he is a wife beater
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by cutiengale(f): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2010
serious show of shame
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by bgees(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2010
Royal disgrace.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Remii(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2010
This coming from a king all king makers rejected but forced on the people by Governor Mimiko by way of "persuasion". Rumours has it that,  he slaps his chieves in council meetings, he goes to night clubs and does all kinds of unthinkable things.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
The oba said some people wanted to tarnish his image by saying he beat up the olori in public

It's insulting how these ppl wanna insult our intelligence.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by reindeer: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
In any serious country this so called OBA will be bringing out his jumpsuits on his way to jail right now.
All these marks??
he's such a beast!
He's broken some Nigerian laws no?
I hope to hear his backside has been hurled in jail soon,silly man.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by chamotex(m): 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2010
After seeing that picture, I can only conclude that the 'oba' should be ashamed of himself.
There is no justification for that malicious attitude by him.

MY VERDICT
He should be stripped nake[i]d[/i] at the village square and his left ball should be sacrificed to the gods.
His right ball should be used as burnt offering.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by AloyEmeka8: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/272767_Oba_wife_GIF5be4d0e57585dc0e30f1db811f996892

There is no way the Oba would have inflicted this type of injury that looks like 3rd degree burns on the woman by beating her in the public. It's either the picture or the story is untrue.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by oge4real(f): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
What kind of role model is he to his sbjects?
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by AloyEmeka8: 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
oge4real:

What kind of role model is he to his sbjects?

Did Akure people tell you they are looking for role models?
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by chamotex(m): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

There is no way the Oba would have inflicted this type of injury that looks like 3rd degree burns on the woman by beating her in the public. It's either the picture or the story is untrue.

And why not?
Didn't you read where he was alleged to have poured some kind of 'hot ashes' on her?
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by item: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
He should be kidnapped!
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Remii(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Did Akure people tell you they are looking for role models?

The people and the kingmakers rejected him but Ondo govt made them to accept him.
This should serve as lesson for women who would marry any beast just for material gains.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2010
I love the part where the guy fell into a ditch and his cap [fila] fell off his head. I hope the ditch was full of stagnant water then it would be the baptism of Oba Adesina
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by funkybaby(f): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2010
Remii:

The people and the kingmakers rejected him but Ondo govt made them to accept him.
This should serve as lesson for women who would marry any beast just for material gains.

It was during Agagu's era.

I remember all the drama before the guy was finally crowned.

The guy is nothing but a tout. Akure indigenes know these themselves

I wonder how come of all the numerous Adesina princes, he is the one that was selected as King  undecided
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by gidson12(m): 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
too bad. he should be detrhoned. Is a big shame to the sacred, respected and highly esteem Obaship stool
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by AloyEmeka8: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2010

ObANIMAL

It's high  time Yoruba women say no polygamous marriages, muslim or not.   If the women reject polygamy in every shape and form, the men will be forced to follow suit and treat them with more respect.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by udezue(m): 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lol damn royal shame.
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Spader9(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
Oba gettin jiggy with those young ho*s
Re: Oba Beats Wife In Public! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Arrested As Osun Vows Clampdown On Ilesa Killers / Street Sweeper Bags Life Imprisonment For Defiling Teenage Girl / 64-year-old Woman Dupes Company Of N3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.