Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS (1290 Views)

Chelsea Release 2020/21 Amended Squad: See What Changed / Meet Rabiu Ali One Of The Oldest And Long Serving Player In The NPFL / Forever ALoan! Matej Delac, Chelsea's Longest-serving Player Set to Leave Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by damickey(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2018

Chelsea have released its longest-serving player since the departure of John Terry from Stamford Bridge, alongside a number of others. Goalkeeper Matej Delac became the club’s longest-serving player after Terry left Stamford Bridge despite not playing a game for the club.

Delac joined Chelsea in 2009 after impressing at Inter Zapresic. However, he couldn’t kickstart a career at Stamford Bridge as he was sent out on loan nine times without making any competitive appearance for the club. He only played as a goalkeeper for Chelsea in a friendly in 2014.

Chelsea have now announced a list of players to be released this summer and Delac is one of them. The following players are expected to leave the club at the end of June on the expiration of their contracts.

Mitchell Beeney
Isaac Christie-Davies
Cole DaSilva
Matej Delac
Eduardo
Jordan Houghton
Renedi Masampu
Wallace
Tushaun-Tyreese Walters

However, Delac penned a deal in April to join Danish top-flight club AC Horsens and the move will materialize this summer. He spoke about his situation at Stamford Bridge last November during an interview with Goal:

“The problem was not my quality, Chelsea believed in me, extended my contract several times, but the problem was always work permit,” he explained.

“Chelsea had a plan for my career, but you can not plan some things. As I arrived, aged 18, it seemed like some movie, I can’t describe that feeling. I will remember the greatness of Chelsea FC, they raised me and taught me human and football manners

Source: https://savechelsea.net/chelsea-release-longest-serving-player-alongside-others/
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by agabaI23(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
Haven't heard any of the names before
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by ChiefAzubuike(f): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
agabaI23:
Haven't heard any of the names before
you no be true Chelsea fan be that.
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by thesicilian: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Delac must be the most ambition-less footballer in the world for staying so long at a club without making any competitive appearance.
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by damickey(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
thesicilian:
Delac must be the most ambition-less footballer in the world for staying so long at a club without making any competitive appearance.

Maybe the guy na Nigerian....Enjoy Free Money warming the bench
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by agabaI23(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
I am not a fan
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by Pat081: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
hmmmmm name d place dey play please
Re: CHELSEA RELEASE LONGEST SERVING PLAYER ALONGSIDE OTHERS by damickey(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2018
These Guys Should go and retire Abeg

(1) (Reply)

Joe Aribo – I Wish To Score In Every Game I Play For Nigeria / England FA Condemns 'disgusting' Racist Abuse Directed Towards Rashford, Sancho / A True Story About Cristiano Ronaldo..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.