Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths (475 Views)

“i’m Suicidal” – American Lady Says After Nigerian Fraudster Dupes Her Of $200k / Video: Is There A New Anti-robbery Squad Or Sars Is Still Existing? / #EndSARS: FG bows to Pressure; Dissolves The Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
It is no more news in the rounds that the duty and responsibility of the Independent Corrupt Practices And Other Related Crimes(ICPC) and The Economic And Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) ofv controlling crime and fraud may have been shifted side by side to the special anti-robbery squad recently due to the later's activities in most western and southern parts of the country.Recall that in a speech delivered by the President in an interview recently described Nigerian youths as being lazy and have not been to school in which the youths went to various social media forum to pour out their displeasure over the statement.

However,findings revealed that the following reasons may be unconnected with the recent activities of these men some of which are as follows:

* APC trying to make the youths in these region financially handicap;As electioneering periods sets in,its is believed that the youths have seen a clearer picture of what the party stands for and may not want to bear this hardship for another four years and hence are not ready to extend any hand of fellowship with the present administration,hence,the party tends to use this medium to unleash hardship on them so they may come worshiping.To achieve this,these men may have been given instructions from above to go after anyone living large and possessing luxury properties in the name of going after "internet fraudsters."

* The youths from these regions spend extravagantly thereby causing disequilibrium in the economy.The truths must be told...how can you go a club and spend over #5 million at a go?how do you do to those who don't have the money?you oppress them?you pay double for the price of an hotel room because of a lady?you go to a wedding ceremony and start spraying dollars with naira in the reception hall for recognition and fame?you buy wines in a bar not for drinking purposes but to splash on the tiles for attention or 'buying of casket' as its popularly known?Before,people complain about the politicians spending more but now they invest;the youths have taken over their positions.Recall a statement credited to the minister of information about the yahoo boys recently.How could these boys have salvage the country during the recession period?This however implies that the federal government is aware about the large life these guys are living and have been planning so long for this clampdown.Thus,the large life these guys are living is causing disequilibrium and affecting the economy,hence,government needs to take an immediate action.This disequilibrium is a shift .This shift causes an increase in demand with no corresponding increase in supply ,thereby causing the prices of goods and services to increase which results in inflation.This however likened to 'black money'.Black money are monies gotten illegally by politicians.These monies if spent in the country could lead to inflationary tendencies which the government is trying to check.

Thus,the government maybe having a point,but the truth is these men are doing more than what they have been instructed to do-why will you kill someone because he refuses to comply?where is the court?why will you frame up someone because he is not ready to buy you drinks?where is the freedom of movement right?where is the rule of law?

*To correct the prevalent western life styles exhibited by Nigerians;I heard some ladies may have had their own feeling of the 'SARS MOVEMENT'.Improper dressing,tattooing of parts of the body,using of ear rings by the male folks and other related offences may not be a tolerating culture in Africa.In recent times,i have not been seeing sagging as a means of wooing the opposite sex,no.More reasons why thees men do not operate in the Nothern part as prevalent in the south.The last time I checked,sexual arrassement cases in Nigerian Universities are mostly from the South and West and this is really though,not an issue for the federal government to worry about among the numerous underlying issues but for the University authorities to handle squarely.If you say the school authorities are not doing anything in this regards,then,fine.Are there laws in the Nigerian constitutions meant to force the citizens to a particular way of living and dressing?If there is,well,am yet to see one.I see this act of the government as a dictatorship tendencies and entrenching a particular believe,thus making way for an hidden agenda to be fulfilled sooner or later.

The aftermath of this clampdown however could be disastrous.There is already tension in the polity and everything is hit up coupled with the clampdown,all may not be well with the ruling party and government if they think the way out is by maiming these youths and tagging them fraudsters and intimidate them day in and out.

The way out however is to provide an enabling environment for industries and companies;create jobs for these youths after you might have made them stop the yahoo yahoo work so they will not go and take guns and stay by the high ways at night rather than hunting them down without providing the palliatives.

MY HUMBLE SUBMISSION...OPEN FOR CORRECTIONS.
Re: Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
BSARS is a subtle reenactment of Buhari's War Against Indiscipline.
Re: Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by Optional09: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
I really don’t know what to say. We the Yorubas are slacking
Re: Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
kaorama:
BSARS is a subtle reenactment of Buhari's War Against Indiscipline.

EXACTLY MY THOUGHT
Re: Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by ademoladeji(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2018
grin

Re: Opinion:Reasons Why The Special Anti-robbery Squad Are After Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Seen

(1) (Reply)

'I Built Contact With My Sponsor From Prison' – Robbery, Kidnapping Suspect / What's Happening To Offa Robbery Gang? / Police, Butchers’ Clash: 6 Feared Dead, Police Station Burnt In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.