Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car (1879 Views)

Roro/container Car Clearing- My Bitter Tin Can Experience, Share Yours. / My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Good day all,
Please I have a mercedez Benz car I shipped from Canada, its containerized group container. Left Montreal in march and ETA at TinCan is May 22. The shippers recommend their agent to me which will handle the clearing process.
Now I have paid him for clearing process two days after arrival, he told me it will be ready after a week.
Up till now no nothing, last week he told me there is issue with the final processing which must be corrected from Canada and he his done with the custom papers, I called the shippers in Canada they told me the local agent has done everything correct that the issue will be sorted out in few days'big shipping company o'. Up to now I never see my consignment. I tracked it still show d container sitting at tincan island with the maersk line.

I'm fed up please how what can I do?
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2018
Mod please help me
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by weyreypey: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Mod please help me
Go to the ports yourself with the papers....meet with the customs officials in the valuation section.... Truth is that guy must have swallowed your money. That's what they all do.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by weyreypey: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2018
If you are interested I can sent you a contact number for an ANCLA member clearing agent
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:45am On Jun 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Go to the ports yourself with the papers....meet with the customs officials in the valuation section.... Truth is that guy must have swallowed your money. That's what they all do.

Ehn swallowed my money!
You mean I should collect the custom papers from him or I should just go with the bill of lading with me?

If that is d case why is shippers in Canada said he has done everything right?
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by weyreypey: 9:47am On Jun 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Ehn swallowed my money!
You mean I should collect the custom papers from him or I should just go with the bill of lading with me?

If that is d case why is shippers in Canada said he has done everything right?
There are no secrets at the ports. Go inside to confirm everything he's claiming happened.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2018
weyreypey:
If you are interested I can sent you a contact number for an ANCLA member clearing agent

Please I'm interested abeg. Its a group container the agent has d original bill of lading, can they still help
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by weyreypey: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Please I'm interested abeg. Its a group container the agent has d original bill of lading, can they still help
Just be informed. Containers are cleared together.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Just be informed. Containers are cleared together.

Thank you boss.
I will call him tomorrow to give me a copy of custom papers and the payment receipt he claimed he has paid for.
So I will go to the port together with d papers and verify what's happening.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by muyicomms(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Please people can 500,000 naira ship & clear a 1999 nissan primera from usa to nigeria
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Good day all,
Please I have a mercedez Benz car I shipped from Canada, its containerized group container. Left Montreal in march and ETA at TinCan is May 22. The shippers recommend their agent to me which will handle the clearing process.
Now I have paid him for clearing process two days after arrival, he told me it will be ready after a week.
Up till now no nothing, last week he told me there is issue with the final processing which must be corrected from Canada and he his done with the custom papers, I called the shippers in Canada they told me the local agent has done everything correct that the issue will be sorted out in few days'big shipping company o'. Up to now I never see my consignment. I tracked it still show d container sitting at tincan island with the maersk line.

?
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by billtommy(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
Is shopping supposed to take 3 months?
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by mygeeZ(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
The problem might be you have paid your own quota for clearing (duty,shipping company), others might not have paid theirs. Had same problem, which obvious is not my fault, but i paid demurrage of over 60k my share as the agent claimed the accumulation was 240k. Let me not bore you with stories.. Find out if your agent has actually paid the custom duty. Am sure he hasn't. Another thing you should look out for is under payment or declaring your car as accident vehicle even its not.. Reason is obvious he has tampered with your money and is looking for short cut.
Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by HoodBillionaire: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
heya
guy man don chop your money
use am go drink beer
carry smally
enter club
y cant u buy tokunbo here
nawa o.
u go pay another gbese
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
mygeeZ:
The problem might be you have paid your own quota for clearing (duty,shipping company), others might not have paid theirs. Had same problem, which obvious is not my fault, but i paid demurrage of over 60k my share as the agent claimed the accumulation was 240k. Let me not bore you with stories.. Find out if your agent has actually paid the custom duty. Am sure he hasn't. Another thing you should look out for is under payment or declaring your car as accident vehicle even its not.. Reason is obvious he has tampered with your money and is looking for short cut.
Peace.

Damn! I have paid him in full.
That kind of agent should be able to pay from his pocket even if the rest hasn't pay him atleast the car will be in his warehouse.
Why declaring car as accident when my car is 100% good, Nigerians sef.

Please long does your consignment stayed at the port that warrant you to pay 60k?
Please
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
heya
guy man don chop your money
use am go drink beer
carry smally
enter club
y cant u buy tokunbo here
nawa o.
u go pay another gbese

If that's the case why is the shippers from Canada are supportive by saying he has done everything right
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by mygeeZ(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Was meant to pick up the car before Xmas, ended up picking it first week of February. If you see the paper I attached, the agent quoted the car as accident car.. But its not
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Damn! I have paid him in full.
That kind of agent should be able to pay from his pocket even if the rest hasn't pay him atleast the car will be in his warehouse.
Why declaring car as accident when my car is 100% good, Nigerians sef.

Please long does your consignment stayed at the port that warrant you to pay 60k?
Please

Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
mygeeZ:
Was meant to pick up the car before Xmas, ended up picking it first week of February. If you see the paper I attached, the agent quoted the car as accident car.. But its not

Damn! That's 6 weeks after arrival.
But some people wicked o, see clean car he claimed was accidented car.
Mine is now 3weeks, my God wetin man go do now
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by Mboi2: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Good day all,

That's why I don't like group shipping. You should have done roro(open shipment). Do you know all the things inside the container? That's the problem. Maybe there's an item or items in the container which they didn't declare and unfortunately customs found out and gave them extra bill which they're looking for a way to make all of you that has consignments in that container to join and pay. That's the problem and even if you go to customs, you can't do anything. Besides they won't give you the bill of lading.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Mboi2:

That's why I don't like group shipping. You should have done roro(open shipment). Do you know all the things inside the container? That's the problem. Maybe there's an item or items in the container which they didn't declare and unfortunately customs found out and gave them extra bill which they're looking for a way to make all of you that has consignments in that container to join and pay. That's the problem and even if you go to customs, you can't do anything. Besides they won't give you the bill of lading.

Exactly what I'm thinking, cus he told me it will be ready in a week now story has changed.
In fact I will never do group container again.
I would have prefer roro but no roll in from Canada only container
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2018
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by agarawu23(m): 5:48am On Jun 12, 2018
weyreypey:

even if they didnt swallow his money, they might have "short pay" and later casted.

We had same issues last month. We tried the new agent because his wahala and plea for job is too much. He went and short pay for our vehicles we paid FULLY for and it casted at the gate which is the last checking bash. The custom angrily bill him 600k before it will come out. We have to pay extra because if we choose to ignore him we are the one to lose.

If your container is taking more than two weeks to clear, start suspecting a foul play.

1 Like

Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by agarawu23(m): 5:53am On Jun 12, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Thank you boss.
I will call him tomorrow to give me a copy of custom papers and the payment receipt he claimed he has paid for.
So I will go to the port together with d papers and verify what's happening.
in case of next time, do a photocopy of your bill of lading before giving it to agents.

I am sure he took corners bcoz that's the only thing that can delay your container "if" you don't have contraband or illegal goods there.
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
I picked up my car today though I paid extra 50k. Thanks to u all
Re: Help O. I Have Issues Clearing My Car by HybridWatchDog: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
Why did you pay 50k extra?
NeyofeedNigEnt:
I picked up my car today though I paid extra 50k. Thanks to u all

(1) (Reply)

Cash needed now! Clean Toyota Camry Orobo Reg 4plugs Ac now Jst 410k See Pix.... / .. / Toyota Hilux For Sale - Low Jack - 2.7VVTi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.