Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance (3837 Views)

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? / Brazil Vs Colombia: World Cup 2014 Quarter-finals (2 - 1) On 4th July 2014 / Nigeria Vs Colombia (3 - 0): U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-29-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by shevalync: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2010
@12large do you know anything about football at all? your analysis says it all.for God sake Sani Kaita was played in an unfamiliar role(right wing) he did quite well.the colombia game isnt a bad one by any standard, the players were fitter compare to their previous game even under amodu and they showed a lot of promise.Lars is doing a good job.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by snthesis(m): 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2010
abeg wat is taiye taiwo doing in that team- the guy is a waste of space- doesnt defend well, doesnt attack well, shoots poorly and hopes his 1/100 shots wud end up in the net.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
shevalnc seriously you want me to give you a dirty slap right now. what well did sani keita play so you think that it is only hardwork that you need to be a footballer, sani keita was useless in right wing no dribble,skill croseing ability,pass or anything forward he was just working hard and to me that is useless. the thing that pain me most is lagerback coming out to say keita was the match of the match miles ahead of everyone, that one is still paining me i hope that lagerback is not thinking of using keita as a right winger in world cup ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by Jencejyde(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
Mubz:

Yet another ignorant folk lurking around this site,pls jenceyde just ignore him. ignorance is a disease and this 12large folk has got it.
Back to your original post though, im still yet to be convinced by kalu uche, he just doesn't seem to play well in the national team well compared to what he plays for his club side. i ve seen him play couple of times on tb for his club and he's most of the time very brilliant . i dnt seem to understand his phobia fo naija jersey
Nice one Mubz, Kalu is actually a regular in his club (Almeria) and plays as a striker or just behind the striker in a supporting role. With time he'll get better playing for the National side.

hooged:

lets all hope they deliver, that was a brand new super eagle. up eagles
Amen Oh!

hollandis:

The match was a good performace by the team considering their terrible display in recent times.Here is my analysis of the players.

I will mention some players that find it difficult to warm their way into the heart of many soccer enthusiast

1.John Utaka- He showed glimpses of what he is capable of doing and despite playing in an unfamiliar position,he still held on to the ball,thereby keeping possession from the opposition's side.His time in the field was to short to fully assess him 5.5/10

2. Taiye- worst on the pitch.If he is going to be useless upfront,why does he make this a natural phenomenon?Diomansy camara exposed his shabby defense.The problem with taiye ,according to many soccer analyst is his bad recovery after going upfont.Alas that is just 50% of his weakness.The other 50 lies in the fact that Taiye is beatable at the back.Beatable = Dribbable.I dont encourage  a first team shirt for this marsielle defender.I still prefer Echiejele in that position. I will rate him 4.5/10

3 Sani Keita.The guy played in the unfamiliar position .This guy will never be a fan of soccer pundits that chant '' All we are saying give us more goals''.Though I was  also his die hard critic (like I always did Garba) but no team can be perfect.I believe his inclusion was on the basis of the quota system 5/10

In conclusion this is the closest we have had in assembling a good team with the right attitude after the patriots of USA 94.Apart from Taiye Taiwo ,I give all the other players that played in  the match against Colombia,an above average mark

This is my rating in ascending order

Haruna Odiah Enyeama 6.5/10

Rabiu Adeleye Obafemi Uche 6 /10

Osaze Nsofor Utaka 5.5 /10

Kaita 5/10

Taiye 4.5 /10
Very well done sir!

Jarus:

4, Rabiu Afolabi: 7/10. This guy was also outstanding and stopped the daring Colombians many times. He combined well with Adeleye, and covered well for Chidi Ordiah anytime he went forward.
I guess this is the main reason the defense was outstanding " He combined well with Adeleye, and covered well for Chidi Ordiah anytime he went forward. Good point of note!

VitiMini:

Our fullbacks are VERY average, so in playing Kaita on the right side of the midfield puts an extra ball winner who has the ability to play out wide on the pitch. This is to help neutralize opposing attacks coming down the flank. That may also account for Chidi Odiah on the right having less to do defensively than Taye Taiwo on the left flank during the Colombia match. Football is about balance! You can not attack all the time without having to defend at some point. Keeping in mind the 4-4-2 formation, do not be surprised if we see a scenario where Taye Taiwo is playing on the left wing and maybe Yobo or whoever playing as the left fullback… I know this is a BIG WHAT IF!!

The words above reflects what I am thinking as well. This tells me the coach knows what he wants to do, hopeful the players can execute.

lagerwhenindoubt:

@poster, I cannot fault your analysis and i can't agree with you entirely, Yes they played better than their previous friendly and warm-up matches, but is their performance enough to keep them in the campaign long enough to get past the group stages? I doubt so embarassed
Well said! I believe going a long way for the team, is as good as how they have prepared.

mrjingles:

^^ my friend are you ok? Try and be less emotional and insulting please. The anonymity provided by forums like this is no excuse to be rude. Vitimini and Jencejyde have done some good analysis, better than what  I have seen from some paid "analysts" I dont agree with all the've said but its good quality nonetheless.
ping2ping:

@12large
If you have nothing to offer why not stay away from this thread rather than attack personalities. Do your own analysis and leave others with their own opinion. We are bound to differ but just focus on the issues and NOT on persons.

Be warned!!!
The_Matrix:

@12Large: You sound quite frustrated. I read all the posts and find out that u are the only one that uses foul words on people. i cud have just pastby but i feel some sense should be talked into u. Your use of the English language leaves much 2 be desired and yet u just use words like idiot, fool and what have u at will. u can use these words in a beer parlour or a brothel not in a civilised forum like this. Please be warned. One more of it and u will be shown the way out!
Please help us tell him oh!

semid4lyfe:

Though I disagree with Lagerback on Kaita's performance been outstanding (the outstanding players were Odiah and Haruna IMO), Kaita definitely had an above average performance against Colombia. People like you and 12large should stick to discussing soccer at the vendor's stand. Rubbish!

Leaves the thread wondering if peeps really expect Kaita to transform overnight into an explosive winger like Arjen Robben.
LOL! and LOL again, Well said  sir!
olumonday:

Jencejyde , wat a quality analysis,i am very proud of you, please keep it up.
For u to observe the changes in coordination by the eagles shows how good u are in analysing football, if we wish to be sincere, the fact is that, Lagerback is far far better than Amodu in all ramification.
Thank you! Very much appreciated.
And a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. You guys are the best!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by alldone(m): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2010
Comparing the two matches, the colombia match was better. it seems to me that lars did not put in much technically in the saudi match. we wait and see the next match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
abeg where all these useless keita fans expecially that one semid. from day 1 i already knew that keita na useless player he played 2 games and he was poor in the two
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by semid4lyfe(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2010
12large:

abeg where all these useless keita fans expecially that one semid. from day 1 i already knew that keita na useless player he played 2 games and he was poor in the two
I'll always be around to put morons like you where you belong.

Kaita had an above average performance in the 2 games he played at SA 2010. Against Argentina, he aquitted himself well in an unfamiliar right wing/midfield position and even deputized excellently for T. Taiwo @ leftback when he got injured and was taken out.

Against Greece, he was very workaholic, full of energy & running and generally did all the hardwork like closing down space & marking and thats why the midfield collapsed when he was red carded. Also he hardly lost the ball when he was with it. His red card exposed the sheer laziness and incompetence of Etuhu and Haruna. By the way, your precious Lukman Haruna was $h!¡ttt and kept falling at the slightest touch. Ayila with the only game he played outshone and added more to our game both offensively & dèfensively than your precious Lukman Haruna who was MAGNIFICENTLY PATHETIC in the 2 games he played.

Kaita remains our best defensive midfielder. . .EOD!

Obiora Nwankwo and Ramon Azeez are the only other DM's who are close to him but Kaita edges them with his workaholic nature, marking and ball winning abilities.
Like I said before,stick to analysing soccer @ the vendors stands. Nairaland sports section nor be for idiotic morons like you. Real football afficionado's like moi will always be around to put you in your place.

Oya go and buy Soccerstar and come and post a list of players to take to 2018 world cup. grin grin

Isi ewu + Ode Oshi!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2010
workaholic my arse, above average my arse. am sorry like i said the guy has no talent his just a hardworker and you need more than that. but seriously semid you need to check your head at a mental hospital if you think keita had an above average game at the worldcup
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by semid4lyfe(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2010
12large:

workaholic my arse, above average my arse. am sorry like i said the guy has no talent his just a hardworker and you need more than that. but seriously semid you need to check your head at a mental hospital if you think keita had an above average game at the worldcup

Like I said, he did well in the 2 games he played. The only dark spot on his SA 2010 outing was the red card he bagged and that doesn't subtract from his overall performance. He did well in the 110+ minutes he was on the pitch in South Africa
[center]And[/center]
You should thank God and be happy for the opportunity to interact with a SUPERINTELLIGENT fellow (apologies to sagamite grin) like moi cos my intelligence may just rub-off on you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2010
played well ko no froward runs, no crossing abeg you semid4life your a useless human being if it was up to me you would have been banned already. go and watch nigeria vs argentina keita did not even contribute anything forward. anyway i know ur a hausa guy you guys don't think with head you think with your hand.
abeg semid zo mana
kai m i don dey craze
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by semid4lyfe(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
12large:

played well ko no froward runs, no crossing abeg you semid4life your a useless human being if it was up to me you would have been banned already. go and watch nigeria vs argentina keita did not even contribute anything forward. anyway i know your a hausa guy you guys don't think with head you think with your hand.
abeg semid zo mana
kai m i don dey craze
You're so shallow minded & myopic in your thinking. I don't know why I'm even having this debate with you. Are you blind or what? Do you know anything about football tactics, formation & techniques at all?

Lagerback did not use/employ Kaita as an out-and-out offensive/attacking winger (7) at the world cup. Kaita was used as a defensive midfielder operating on the right part of midfield and is major job was to mark, shore up that part of the midfield & assist Odiah defensively and generally solidify the midfield & not to go forward, pull out/cross balls, dribble & take-on players as if he were Arjen Robben. Get that into your thick skull, so gbo? Do me a favour will you. . .touch the back of your ears with your right fingers. . .They're wet abi? Abajo, your brain dey leak pass basket wey dem take fetch water sef grin grin 

As per banning me, you're definitely on a looooong thing cos you know I'll never be banned. . .not on your behalf anyway.

You'll do well to remember that your favourite, highly treasured & rated Ahmed Musa is Hausa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 12:27am On Aug 08, 2010
is a liar you are hausa, how come your the only one that say keita had an above average performance at worldcup. anyway the main point is that keita is a rubbish player against argentina he did not contribute anything likewise against greece he was totally useless. anybody watch "nigeria vs greece" in 2010 worldcup and say keita had an above average game is,
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by ow11(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2010
Semid,

Why you dey waste your time argue with this pool room analyst. Every serious analyst knows Kaita is one the best SE players right now and deserves to play for us. He would not get much game time in Europe because his style would not suit many top class European teams that have offensive ball playing midfielders with workrate of 18- 20 (Football Manager). grin

I want to see him play in Italy with a mid-table team getting enough game time. He, Apam and Anichebe should be our spine and I am also hoping Anichebe gets more game time than that fatso at Everton this season.

@12large

The SE with Mikel, Etuhu, Lukman and whoever have very poor work rate and need a Kaita to do exactly what Anthony Annan does for Ghana. Simples! We are all West African and play the same way so we can learn from our more successful brothers this time
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by Jencejyde(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
ow11:

Semid,

Why you dey waste your time argue with this pool room analyst. Every serious analyst knows Kaita is one the best SE players right now and deserves to play for us. He would not get much game time in Europe because his style would not suit many top class European teams that have offensive ball playing midfielders with workrate of 18- 20 (Football Manager). grin

I want to see him play in Italy with a mid-table team getting enough game time. He, Apam and Anichebe should be our spine and I am also hoping Anichebe gets more game time than that fatso at Everton this season.

@12large

The SE with Mikel, Etuhu, Lukman and whoever have very poor work rate and need a Kaita to do exactly what Anthony Annan does for Ghana. Simples! We are all West African and play the same way so we can learn from our more successful brothers this time
Well said!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance by 12large: 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
we don't need keita. azeez can do all the hard work but he also has good passing ability the same with nwankwo. a player can not only be hardworking and expect to play for nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This / Italy Fan Gets Tattoo Of Giorgio Chiellini Pulling Bukayo Saka Away From Euro / Abuja International Marathon: High-Altitude Athletics Club Register 30 Elites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.