Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) (34315 Views)

SUV Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Lagos, 2 Feared Dead, Others Injured (Graphi / Dangote Truck Collides With ‘God Is Good Motors’ Bus At Auchi Junction / Truck Loaded With Cows Collides With High-Tension Wire In Anambra (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
adonis110:

Bro if U know Ibadan very well, that's close to Yinka Ayefele's music house, on the route to challenge coming off Lagos-Ibadan express way

On the route to Challenge is not Challenge.

I am an Ibadan indigene.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by gonkin(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
FORD EXPLORER vs MAZDA 6
K.O with fatality

Looks like what a train will do. The ford still having all 4 wheels but the Mazda is barely recognized.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Muzikluva(m): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
But how did this accident happen?? Such a horrible way to die! May the departed souls rest in peace. So sad! It is well!
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Makawhizzy:

You are a bloody liar. Always write stories with the truth
SUV was coming from Lagos and already on challenge.
Sports car belongs to a young lecturer of leed city overspeeding from challenge where he went to drop off clients that came for photo shoot and give the raw file to an editor. He hit the street light pole, uprooted it and dived into the opposite lane. It was the pole that did the mess on the SUV claiming the husband life instantly while wife and kids were bruised. Young guy gave up the ghost by the time he got to the hospital cox last I saw him he was still breathing when lifted in FRSC hilux van.
RIP SMADE

Na wah o....the way cars speed in Ibadan is alarming! I always wonder at those Micra drivers (taking taxi from Sango to ordinary U.I. na like devil dey pursue dem). One of the reasons I like Akure more than Ibadan is the coolness of the place and the patience of the drivers even with double lanes. Also you should see the way the Okada guys wey dey ply the route of U.I to Agbowo dey speed for night time. You go think say dem program dem like Car race game with the very narrow road. People no dey fear for their lives.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by abes(m): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2018

Tragic accident claims three in Ibadan, two children survive
By Rotimi Ige on June 10, 2018
A ghastly motor accident which claimed three lives occurred today along the Challenge-Orita challenge axis.

The accident involved a Mazda 6 car with number plate BDG 652 ET and an unregistered Ford SUV.

According to eyewitnesses, the driver of the Mazda car with number plate, allegedly a final year student of Lead City university, was making a sharp bend along the expressway when it lost control.

Perhaps in an attempt to brake, the car somersaulted and in the process, crossed lanes mid-air, before smashing into the oncoming Ford, killing two of the four occupants of the SUV.

The driver of the Mazda also died later, after sustaining life-threatening injuries.

Eyewitness accounts said the occupants of the unnumbered Ford Explorer SUV, a couple and two children, were allegedly on their way from an occasion (the car was not numbered and there were drinks in the car) when the incident occurred. The couple lost their lives but their children who sat in the back survived with injuries.

“It is a sad day. The occupants of the Ford had no chance to escape. The driver of the Mazda car was overspeeding and lost control. He rammed into a lamp post, uprooting it, before crossing the intersection and crashing into the oncoming Ford. The Mazda split into two. We dragged the driver out of a ditch unconscious but he died on his way to the hospital. The lady in the Ford was still alive after the impact and died later but her husband died immediately after the accident occurred”, a motorcyclist at the scene said.

The driver of the Mazda was later identified to be Daniels, a final year student of Lead City university, and was a budding photographer in Ibadan. His followers had taken to social media to mourn him, with varied testimonies of his expertise behind the camera. He had recently acquired the car and was to graduate in November.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/amp/tragic-accident-claims-three-in-ibadan-two-children-survive/
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Makawhizzy: 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
sharpwriter:

Na wah o....the way cars speed in Ibadan is alarming! I always wonder at those Micra drivers (taking taxi from Sango to ordinary U.I. na like devil dey pursue dem). One of the reasons I like Akure more than Ibadan is the coolness of the place and the patience of the drivers even with double lanes. Also you should see the way the Okada guys wey dey ply the route of U.I to Agbowo dey speed for night time. You go think say dem program dem like Car race game with the very narrow road. People no dey fear for their lives.
They will shout aye oooo when they see accident but in five minutes devil go still match their accelerator for them. This spot in challenge Na corner S u accelerate enter and lose control of brake u go know say devil na real nigga

2 Likes

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Makawhizzy:

They will shout aye oooo when they see accident but in five minutes devil go still match their accelerator for them. This spot in challenge Na corner S u accelerate enter and lose control of brake u go know say devil na real nigga

No mind dem
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
RIP
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Famocious(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
One of them was brought to A/E unit of UCH this afternoon.. The sight was gory, couldn't look twice embarassed

May God grant him eternal rest
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by koffsman(m): 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
Smade RIP Lead city is gon miss you, you posted of recent saying the car wanna kill and it eventually did Rip bro

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by hopuhsirlor(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=emekabros2 post=68351392]Two persons were feared dead in a fatal motor accident few minutes ago on the busy Challenge Express Road, Ibadan, as a Special Utility Vehicle ripped a sports car into two killing the occupants instantly.

op, SUV is sport utility vehicle, not special utility vehicle
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by koffsman(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Mehn Smade you gone like that life is full of shit lesson to us all live like you got die the next minute make impact in people's life Rest on Bro
SMADE
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by mowapa(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
The Vin of that Mazda need to be checked, might be one the salvaged cars brought to Nigeria. Besides HOW FAST WERE BOTH CARS GOING?

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
mowapa:
The Vin of that Mazda need to be checked, might be one the salvaged cars brought to Nigeria. Besides HOW FAST WERE BOTH CARS GOING?

If the SUV was being driven by a returnee with his family in it as alleged then I can almost guarantee that it is going maybe 40/45 mph. The Mazda was clearly going extremely fast.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
mowapa:

Oya, Cosplay over to you. I don't know how you do it grin
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by dammyak: 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
Rip but I know this Mazda I used to see it near my house
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Alvin007: 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Or Ford Expedition?

It’s an expedition. My bad. Thanks
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
Alvin007:

It’s an expedition. My bad. Thanks

No worries mate, hope your weekend was good.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Oluwaseun0704(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
I actually saw this accident scene this evening around past 6pm as I was returning from Enugu....it's quite disheartening.
It's well.
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by nigeria005(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
guy wey were mexico 68 don dey calculate hw e go take move d batterry ;Dd
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Cosplay: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Oya, Cosplay over to you. I don't know how you do it grin

Baba Egun, salutations this hour smiley

This was a 2004 Mazda 6, it was indeed imported to Nigeria in 2013 with a rebuilt salvage title, had a Texas-issued VTR-441.

Was involved in a collision in Austin in 2012, moderate reported damage. Retitled afterwards though.

4 Likes

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Alvin007: 12:16am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

No worries mate, hope your weekend was good.

Yes it was....kinda short though. I hope yours was great?

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 11, 2018
Cosplay:

This was a 2004 Mazda 6, it was indeed imported to Nigeria in 2013 with a rebuilt salvage title, had a Texas-issued VTR-441.

Was involved in a collision in Austin in 2012, moderate reported damage. Retitled afterwards though.

You did not disappoint as usual grin

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 11, 2018
Alvin007:

Yes it was....kinda short though. I hope yours was great?

Yeah short as always but taught one of my youngest daughter how to ride a bicycle so it was at least fruitful.

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Alvin007: 12:30am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Yeah short as always but taught one of my youngest daughter how to ride a bicycle so it was at least fruitful.
You must be a proud dad. Nice! smiley

1 Like

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by koxi: 2:04am On Jun 11, 2018
Lord have mercy!
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by dapachez: 5:37am On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Rubbish Innoson car.

No Airbags deployed during or after the accident
Very shameful

That's why i made it up to myself never to buy any car that has IVM on it.

I think Nigeria Government should give this man a policy that will bring his business down.

Killing innocent people all in the name Assembling other people's brands.

#BeYourself
There is no innoson vehicle there. Its a Mazda car that lost control somersaulted and crashed into the suv
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by skales67(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Rubbish Innoson car.

No Airbags deployed during or after the accident
Very shameful

That's why i made it up to myself never to buy any car that has IVM on it.

I think Nigeria Government should give this man a policy that will bring his business down.

Killing innocent people all in the name Assembling other people's brands.

#BeYourself

Sofistikated slowpoke! I can see that Innoson is your headache! grin grin

Th so-called sports car happens to be a Mazda which your fellow open defecation republicans like driving in your waste lands!

Try another feeble line!
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by EzendiEgo1: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2018
skales67:

Sofistikated slowpoke! I can see that Innoson is your headache! grin grin

Th so-called sports car happens to be a Mazda which your fellow open defecation republicans like driving in your waste lands!

Try another feeble line!
I don't see any reason why a sensible person will quote me this morning.

Tufiakwa
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by EXICON(m): 9:31am On Jun 11, 2018
Sorry for bothering you but I need to know how you were able to get this report.

What detail of the car did you use to generate this report?

Thanks.
No ulterior motive. Pure innocence and curiosity. I want to know.
Cosplay:

Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Paltielz(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is the reason I am saving my money to buy a truck instead of a car. haba see he de car piece 4 road
Re: SUV Collides With Sports Car In Ibadan, 2 Feared Dead (Photos) by Cosplay: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
EXICON:

Sorry for bothering you but I need to know how you were able to get this report.

What detail of the car did you use to generate this report?

Thanks.
No ulterior motive. Pure innocence and curiosity. I want to know.

This thread does a great job of explaining it

https://www.nairaland.com/4500277/v-n

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries / PHOTO: Security Guards That Returned Bag Filled With Dollars / The Most Amazing , Beautiful Places In The World – Visit Once Before You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.