Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste (46284 Views)

Efemena Okedi Is Dead! Ras Kimono's Wife Dies / Regina Daniels Mourns Ras Kimono: 'I Never Knew That Death Is Real Until Today' / Ras Kimono Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by kasim155: 12:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Quickjobs:
Checkout the list of the top 7 things you need to know about Ras Kimono below;

1. Ras kimono has about 5 children according to report, his last born was given birth in the year 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria by his third wife, her name is Efe and he used to be his music manager before relationship entered the scene.

2. Ras Kimono recently celebrated his 60th birthday about a few weeks ago and now he is dead. This means Ras Kimono was 60 years old when he died.

3. He had about 3 wives, we do not know if he had them all at the same time, or divorced one and married another.

4. The hit songs of Ras kimono are: Kill apartheid, Slavery Days, and rumours of mongers.

5. No one can easily point to when he started singing or when he is career fully started, but his breakthrough came in 1989 when he released the album “Gwan in 2007 and Under Pressure in 2010.

6. Ras kimono was born in Nigeria, Delta State, Warri to precise and he moved to Lagos to.

7. Ras Kimono Last Interview was with Premium Times Nigerian Online Newspapers on July 30th 2017.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/7-things-you-do-not-know-about-late-ras-kimono/

please under pressure was not release 2010 ooooo. please get ur facts right
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Eastprince101(m): 12:32am On Jun 11, 2018
you said under pressure released in 2010??
who post this thread?? oya come and kneel down here " close ur eye n hands up"
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Salmoneus(m): 1:33am On Jun 11, 2018
Quickjobs:

5. No one can easily point to when he started singing or when he is career fully started, but his breakthrough came in 1989 when he released the album “Gwan in 2007 and Under Pressure in 2010.

This makes sense to you? ban me if you want but this proves we have GOATS for mods on Nairaland who do not fact check before posting topics on the frontpage!! I grew up on Ras Kimono and this is an insult to his legacy...angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by lawboss: 2:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Rickyuzzy:
Under pressure was 1988.. get your facts together
My person the thing been fear me O...under pressure way I been dey watch for VHS Cassette in the 90s.
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by lawboss: 2:32am On Jun 11, 2018
MARKone:
This your seven things get as e be. RIP to Kimono
I tire for this OP too oo...all Kimono songs I believe where all release before or during the late 80s
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by cardoctor(m): 5:28am On Jun 11, 2018
RIP sir
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Caseless: 5:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Rickyuzzy:
the "facts" were total trash - so incoherent.
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Offpoint: 7:54am On Jun 11, 2018
Rickyuzzy:
Thank you jor, the op come make me dey wonder welda na 2 raski dey... cuz I don dey hear those songs since I dey primary...
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by BENEAMATA: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2018
malaria:
. Reminds me of good old days
my sister , the legends are leaving ohh ! My condolences to the family .
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Btruth: 8:36am On Jun 11, 2018
RIP Ras Kimono.
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by nkul: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2018
olametrix:
Please is he also from nigeria?
Innocent question

Waiting for answer

First what year were u born? then i will reply u
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by salesforce: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2018
ok
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by twinstaiye(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2018
My favourite Ras Kimono song is Gimme likkle Sugar. So when I was combing the internet this morning, I discovered i cant find the lyrics anywhere, so I took it upon myself to do one. Below is what I came up with. Except the asterisk words, which I am not too sure. Enjoy

Gimme likkle sugar by Ras Kimono

Yesss man
Oh see them coming see them lying
Political fusion
Oh see them looting
Police are shooting Innocent people
Oh what a pity in our we city kwe (2x)

Chorus
So Gimme likkle sugar for me tea
Me no wan no cake kwe
Gimme Likkle sugar for me tea
Me no wan no cake kwe

Mass unemployment dey everywhere
Unemployed graduates roaming the street
This world is full of shit
Oh what a smelly shit

Chorus

Empty promises fi the masses
*(naija serial)* follow colonial master
Peasant working and paying taxes
The money disappearing with no traces

Chorus

See them flying pon (upon) the sky
While I and I walk upon the land
Still they want I and I dead
Cos of I and I dready head

Who will, who will me no wan no cake
She will, Who will, who no wan no cake
She will who will
2 times
Lord ooo

Ends.

*Not sure of those two words.
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by olametrix(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2018
For ur mind now u have archived alot with all u have said

nkul:

First what year were u born? then i will reply u
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by perragy(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2018
Dont mind him... probably he's high on weeds. Please wait until Kimono's wake keep o cool

Rickyuzzy:
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by perragy(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2018
Quickjobs:

you simply don't know anything about him.. its better you just walk by the side bro..

1. Ras kimono has about 5 children according to report, his last born was given birth in the year 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria by his third wife, her name is Efe and he used to be his music manager before relationship entered the scene.

2. Ras Kimono recently celebrated his 60th birthday about a few weeks ago and now he is dead. This means Ras Kimono was 60 years old when he died.

3. He had about 3 wives, we do not know if he had them all at the same time, or divorced one and married another.

4. The hit songs of Ras kimono are: Kill apartheid, Slavery Days, and rumours of mongers.

6. Ras kimono was born in Nigeria, Delta State, Warri to precise and he moved to Lagos to.

7. Ras Kimono Last Interview was with Premium Times Nigerian Online Newspapers on July 30th 2017.

Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by perragy(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2018
you simply don't know anything about him.. its better you just walk by the side bro..

Quickjobs:

1 Like

Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by odinga1of: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
nowpresence:
what is his state of origin
Delta State ma
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by thambolo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
Quickjobs:

If we call this OP an armature, I think we are still overrating him.
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by Odey1997(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
Check this page!!!

Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by guyla: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Rickyuzzy:

Ehen I wondered o
Re: Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste by B2mario(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
nowpresence:
what is his state of origin
Ebonyi state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Replies A Troll Who Said That He Has Slept With Toke Makinwa / Falz Celebrates His Father, Femi Falana's Birthday With Throwback Photos / Iyanya Dancing On Stage With Bride At A Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.