Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,210 members, 7,849,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Site Review :) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review :) (924 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review :) by DualCore1: 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2010
Hey guys, what's your take on this one?

http://www.sawyerrken.com/cash

I'm not done yet though, still working on it and battling with migraines. There's something worse than just writing codes, its writing codes with mathematical calculations involved.
The pages being linked to in the navigation links are not available, so you'll get a warning about the php include() yada yada.
I need reviews on the layout, the "shop" concept I created and the load time.

The site has a specific target audience.

Minimum browser requirements.
A browser with image support
A browser with javascript support

P.S: This is commercial and I will license it when i'm done, so i have obfuscated some part of my codes. If however you want to know how anything works, I will be glad to tell.
Re: Site Review :) by schneid: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
i love the feel of that site. good work. so when re u coming up finally?
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
Thanks, will be complete in about 2 weeks. Taking that long because I will develop an admin area where the entire site content can be changed by the client.
Re: Site Review :) by HTML5: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
Cool site but , <3
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
I dont think I get your point, brurv.
Re: Site Review :) by bros1234(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2010
Took a look. Liked the concept.

But beware of Alertpay. Just got kicked yesterday with $150 locked inside. Another naija exchanger was kicked with more inside. Those guys hate u not to eventually find out u run an exchange. Best is save ur acct with them for other things

Just my thought anyway
Re: Site Review :) by suxes2005(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
Wat a ncie site u've got there

please i would love you to help build a
forum like millionairechallengeclub.com but it
is going to be paid for some set of pple while
free for others. I shall be uploading files and
other softwares into it on daily/weekly basis for the
paid ones while just free info/forum for the free members

I will also need google adsense on it. I hope u understand
all what i am saying

pear_prnce at yahoo.com

Do hit me up wit specs

SHALOM
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
Hey guys, thanks.
Actually replied you two ages ago but the bot's ways are weird.
Re: Site Review :) by remoranger(m): 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
Not impressed. dont believe dose that say its nice, you still got work to do.
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 6:10am On Jun 07, 2010
remoranger:

Not impressed. dont believe dose that say its nice, you still got work to do.
As I had clearly stated in my first post (which I'm having doubts you read completely).
Thanks for your time to comment though.

This one goes out to everyone and for this and other review threads I may be creating. Don't come in here and say its good or its bad without reasons or suggestions of making it better.
This is a review, I need very constructive suggestions as to what you think and how it can be better. I cant finish the entire site and be asking for reviews on making it better, that's like completing a house before asking your friends to see if they like it and if there are changes that can be made to the design of the house.
Re: Site Review :) by remoranger(m): 6:18am On Jun 07, 2010
@dual core

stop displaying double standard,

why did you not take a swipe at dose that said its JUST NICE without stating their reasons? just like a typical Nigerian to lap up sycophantic praise and lash out @ the truth. i meant you no harm by my post, i just took a look at the site and frankly too many things SUCKED. i am just saying. you finish everything first before coming out for a review then you make changes from the suggestions, i.e HOW IT IS DONE.

except you have re-invented the word REVIEW?
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 6:58am On Jun 07, 2010
Brother, thanks once again. If you dont have suggestions, you can move on and rest assured your opinion has been seen.

@every other member, my point still stands on how i want things done. So feel free to make suggestions.
Re: Site Review :) by suxes2005(m): 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Dual Core

Please do u know anyfin about forum
and google adsense?

D pix on ur site arent loading fast

SHALOM
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
Forum, I used SMF at one time and knew my ways around tweaks and mods but not anymore. Its been long and SMF just loves to update things. What do you want exactly?

Google adsense, no not really I'm more of an adwords person (the opposite of adsense).

Thanks about the info on the load time, for the images.
Re: Site Review :) by suxes2005(m): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2010
Thanks Dual- Core

All I need is a forum like this nairaland.com
and all its futures like this very one,

but in another niche though

SHALOM
Re: Site Review :) by virtualn(m): 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2010
Simply cool!
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2010
Thanks, how easy was the loading on your browser?

Its really a good thing I uploaded my work thus far. Was working this morning on Notepad++ when my second LCD was hit by surge and tripped off the whole machine. I turned it back on and a file with about 2000 lines of code was showing me just one line of code with a long string of "NULL"s. sad. The big question, didn't I have a backup? I DID but long story. I will just pull the file from the one I uploaded.

Well 3 days and nights' worth of coding gone down the drains in my very before.
Re: Site Review :) by MardiGras: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2010
Cool. I see some adjustments to the navigation bar
Now tell me, did you actually code all of this using notepad?
Your reply is essential
Re: Site Review :) by bug24(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
Whatever happened to the word "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM".

i wonder whats it remoranger is angry about. the guy said he isnt done with the site and here you are lashing out at him. aint u supposed to point something to him which he could make better?

like what happened today, a guy from no where submitted a form on our product contact page saying "I WONDER WHAT YOU INTEND TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS PRODUCT, any school can set this up on their website at a minimal cost",,,, now my pain is, why hasnt this guy started this thang a long time ago? why hasnt he done it for a school near his house? or perhaps he attended isolo secondary school where there's no computer let alone internet.

people can just be annoying, he couldnt come up with innovations, and he screams at those who does. now what do we call that?

@ remoranger, i aint attacking you brov, i'm only tryna corect here, this thing kills someone's moral.

takia brov.
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 1:35am On Jun 09, 2010
Mardi Gras:

Cool. I see some adjustments to the navigation bar
Now tell me, did you actually code all of this using notepad?
Your reply is essential
Not the normal notepad I told you to use tongue
Its Notepad++.
Google it.
Its possible to use the normal notepad but notepad++ adds some plus plus to the notepad tongue. Syntax coloration, line numbers, ability to work on two files side by side in different panes but same window. You still have to do all the typing, it doesn't have a design view (thankfully that makes is paper weight).

Oga Bug, That application makes sense. I prefer Livezilla to Zopim though.
No be me submit that form o! tongue Na on Sunday I check the site.
Re: Site Review :) by bug24(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2010
@DualCore, thanks joo bros. that site was developed by your one and only. like play like play within 4days.
about livezilla, i'm downloading it now, gotta see how it works. but u gotta see the zopim's dashboard, its crazy, i'm even considerring paying for the service.
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2010
Good work! You don try out schools like Bereton, Archdeacon Brown, Showers (hope tht's the spelling), e.t.c?

The only problem I am seeing with that Zopim is not being able to track visitors. I mean, visitors cannot provide info like email and stuff that you can use to contact them later. I think the dashboard is web-based. That sunday I was considering paying for it too, except for that draw back.

Livezilla is an all round bad boy, and its totally free. Livezilla has a tight dashboard windows application. The only problem though is that it cannot be linked to yahoo IM and it doesn't have a Mobile version. Na there Zopim go hit am but I still prefer Livezilla.

I will try out the Zopim fully before the end of the day.
Re: Site Review :) by bug24(m): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2010
bereton is already on the plaftorm. www.beretonacademy.com/portal

showers? i was actually inna hot meeting with the MD 2days back.

as for livezilla, fear dey catch me o, the thing is askin to install directly on ma servers. i dont want no bugz on my servers o.
Re: Site Review :) by DualCore1: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2010
bug24:

bereton is already on the plaftorm. www.beretonacademy.com/portal

showers? i was actually inna hot meeting with the MD 2days back.
Nothing do you, chop the money. grin
lol
Cant think of any effizy school in ph. Have you tried aladumo?

As per livezilla, you just need to create a folder on ur server and upload the livezilla files unto it then connect to it from the windows based application. The installation process head dey touch at times.
Re: Site Review :) by OmniPotens(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
Livezilla is cool but if you don't know the install process, it will get you so bored and uneasy to use.

(1) (Reply)

Easymanual.biz- One Secret Place People Make Money / I Need A Wedding Website / What Is Cost Of Designing A New Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.