Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

See The Best Ways To #ENDSARS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Best Ways To #ENDSARS (326 Views)

[b]Find The Best Ways To Send Money From The UK And US To Nigeria[/b] / Police Arrest Man Who Started Fake News That Led To #endsars, Reveals Source / Stop Tagging Me To #endsars, I Didn't Start Sars And Cannot End Sars' - Dolapo B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See The Best Ways To #ENDSARS by askifa1: 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
The trend has refused to become vague, but rather it is getting stronger. Everyday Nigerians have begun to complain on various social media platforms about how they or their loved ones were mistreated by members of the Nigerian Police Force.

Interestingly, Celebrities too have begun to join the conversation. Recently, Se Oluwa Ni singer Reekando Banks shared his experience with F Sars officials on Instagram asking the “IF” question.

VJ Adams also did the same thing. Now, there are a lot of Nigerian Youths who cannot come out to Social Media to share their experiences, because it has broken them beyond repair.

READ: https://www.askifa.ng/nigerians-pour-out-twenty-years-old-reactions-to-abachas-death-on-twitter/

It is sad that no one is telling their story, it is annoying that the Nigerian Police Force has not made concrete moves to make the country safer for the people of Nigeria.

In the depth of it, I have been trying to place the civil of policemen and I have noticed a total shift in the call. It is rather impossible for a Nigerian to travel through Berger on a public bus and not be harassed by these men of the para-military force.

On two different occasions I have had first experiences of this misbehavior. My first offence was that I had a box, which had a boarding pass, my second was that I was a man.

These two experiences however, gave me a broader image of a solution to this problem. What if the Nigerian Police went totally digital? What if some sort of AI medium was integrated into the system that does a peer-to-peer transmission that will help clap-down-on the bad eggs in the system.

First, I know people get into the Police Force for different reason, but there was a more formal system that is totally free of the human factor, then maybe Computers would pick better qualified individuals to fill in the voids in the system.

Also in the case of verification, using an AI system will also enable the force easily detect officers that have been reported on the Police network via video footage or via pictures, all of these will directly or indirectly re-tune the actions of these men.

Finally, this may seen too futuristic for the average Nigerian man, but China has embraced the use of criminal detecting glasses and it has been very functional, the Nigerian Police could also think in that direction instead of just arresting every tom-dick-and-harry walking on the street without any form of criminal intentions.

It may also be necessary that men of the Nigerian Police Force get full awareness that crime is not a gender based affiliation, so just because I am a man does not make me a potential criminal that should be searched at every junction women also commit crime.

Aside suggesting that technological systems be put in place and ran as a total different sector that defines the actions and stay of these rancorous officers, Nigerians can do more, Nigerians can say more and react more than to just take pictures and recording video footage of these act of brutality on fellow Nigerians, we could start a revolution. The SARS revolution has gotten us no where yet, we can do more and even more than just this.

READ MORE >>> https://www.askifa.ng/technology-is-the-lasting-solution-to-police-harassment-in-nigeria/

Re: See The Best Ways To #ENDSARS by thanki410(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
Our best resolve comes from an order from above for them to stop....
Re: See The Best Ways To #ENDSARS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good and welcome development....

(1) (Reply)

Help Save My Education Before It's Too Late / Manager Needed At Okutukutu / STOP KILLING NIGERIANS ( #dressinblack &#stopkillingnigerians )by Beady Nnanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.