Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

My Experience During 9 Days Illegal Detention At State CID, Iyaganku, Ibadan. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience During 9 Days Illegal Detention At State CID, Iyaganku, Ibadan. (400 Views)

9 Days To Join The Biggest Raffle Draw Event In Nigeria / My 9 Days Illegal Detention At State CID, Iyaganku, Ibadan. / Asking A Woman For Her Phone Number May Become Illegal In One Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience During 9 Days Illegal Detention At State CID, Iyaganku, Ibadan. by Kapooral: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
MY EXPERIENCE DURING NINE DAYS ILLEGAL DETENTION AT STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT, IYAGANKU, IBADAN. BY KABIR OKEGBENRO
It was on the 2nd of May, 2018 when the executive council of the Federation of Igboora Students’ Union led by Kabir Okegbenro sent a letter on the issue of electricity sagacity and their outrageous billing system in the community, according to the content of the letter we sent to them, we gave them ten days ultimatum to make arrangement on how they are going to meet with our union to give them fair hearing on the causes of the burning matter, after the ten days ultimatum, no response received from there ends, we have to wait for another five days before we now decided to send a reminder letter on the 16th of May, 2018 making reference to our first letter to arrange on the meeting ASAP and we gave them another four working days ultimatum. After the four working days which laps on the 14th of May, 2018, no response again and we perceived that as a poor handling of customer related matters, our first and second letter are copied to the L.G. Chairman, D.P.O., D.S.S., Traditional Rulers, the Union Legal Adviser.
The Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs neglect our two letters and move on to collect their monthly bill, this there non challant attitude led us to the announcement we made that nobody should pay any Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs until we reach dialogue with them and settle all the issues between us amicably, this make one Ibadan electricity distribution company staff identified as Adeniji Roqeeb to call on me that he need to see me and talk to me at Iya Qodira’s beer parlor which I reject and told him that there organization should make it formal and sent a letter to us through our Secretary and copy all concerned authority and by then we can have the meeting which they refuse, this there action of making this illegal meeting happen see them went to the DSS and reach an agreement with her to call on me to have the meeting with them and I told the DSS that she should told Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs to make it formal and legal by writing us but after some interrogating I decide to go there and tell the Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs that they should make it formal and the meeting was slated on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, I and Adeniji Kehinde (Member of the Union) on our way to DSS, it was immediately after Skye bank, Sagan un that we met two Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs cutting off peoples wire, this makes us to goes to their office and complain to the team led of Eruwa service Unit but he didn’t respond which make us to lock there office.
On getting to the road side where we pack our vehicle, one Ibadan electricity distribution company staff suddenly came and push our vehicle which eventually felt inside a gutter with my partner on it, as he stand up he sees that this is violence and he ran away since we did not go there to fought them and this make some Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs to turn back to me and beat me till I sustain injury on my face, one man came to my rescue and I take a bike to the Police Station to lodge the complaint instantly and I was taken to the hospital by two officers of the station, on arriving back to the station we met Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs and I catch there Team led Eruwa service unit inside the D.P.O.’s office given some N500 notes to the D.P.O. which I don’t know the exact amount, all of a sudden the D. P.O. accused me that am a suspect and I make him to realized that am the complainant meanwhile I came to report before Ibadan electricity distribution company staffs came. This make him to take me to the A.C. at Eruwa, on getting there he leave me at the back of counter and goes to the A.C. which he didn’t came back in almost an hours’ time, when the A.C finally came, he accused of the same thing and I told him that am a complainant and not suspect and he call on one officer to be asking me question and be written the statement for me and I said NO, am a student I know the implication of such action and there is nothing that can stop me from writing it by my self since I can write it by myself and they finally give the pen to me to do that, after that the A.C. call the Commissioner of Police and told him there is a thug claiming student union in his zone disturbing the community and C.P. told him to bring me to Ibadan.
On getting to Ibadan I was taken to the Deputy Commissioner of Police and I explained to him and also told him that am a complainant and the D.P.O. changed me to suspect and he later give order to detain me.
On the second day of my detain at state CID, they came and bring me out of the cell and start pressurize me that, who is Atiku?, I answered that he has served the Union in the past and they told me that is the one initiate what happened and I say no, they insist and make reference to a petition sent to state CID by a particular community leader and I still say no, he knew nothing about it. They told me again that the only way I can use to free my self is to present Atiku and I told them I cannot alleged him of what he didn’t know about.
On my fifth day of detention, one officer identified as Mr Femi came and brought me out of the cell and they brought me down to Igboora to open the Ibadan Electricity Distribution company area office in Igboora that our union lock and I did that and they also asked me to take them to Atiku’s house and I told them I don’t know his house, on that spot a particular community leader still confront me and said that I knew his house. This makes me to tell them that Atiku is a very popular person in the town, they should ask of him from anybody and they will take us there but they take me back to Ibadan that very day. On that Monday Hon. Akingbade Akintunde came to bail me out but the police officers told him that the community representative has already told them they are coming for my bail on Wednesday.
On getting to Ibadan on that Monday, we met with Barr. Biodun Adeleke and Barr. Akeem and they ask me how the issue start and I explained to them, and my Lawyer(s) said that the issue will be settle when we reach court and they left on that day.
On Thursday, I was released on bail to Hon. Ademola Ojo represented by Mr Adeleke Sola collecting the total amount of N50,000
Re: My Experience During 9 Days Illegal Detention At State CID, Iyaganku, Ibadan. by chiommy123(f): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
this is really an epistle

(1) (Reply)

My Perfect Hotel Experience / Iyanu X Bloke Presents Youth Exhibition / Lively Stones Hangout 4.0 Edition Was Lit: Relive Event In Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.