Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos (81765 Views)

Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Busewells: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
ISLAMBAD:
Coincidence.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Partaker(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chai!! my own igboukwu?
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by alphaconde(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
k
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Ttipsy(f): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
ha!!! village pple
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
Donald95:
Is that not Alcohol in front of him??

Priest that is high on bear is that one priest.
grin grin grin
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Icon79(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Satan has power, you can only defeat him by power and the authority in the Name of Jesus Christ.

You need to be sure of your relationship with God before you go casting out demons because it's not a child's play. As the scripture says, 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty (Zachariah 4:6). This also reminds of what the demons said to the 7 sons of Sceva in the bible: “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?” (Acts 19:15).

O pari
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Fyler: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
I BUY GIFTCARDS IRRESPECTIVE OF VOLUME*

• *iTunes*
• *AMAZON*
*( cash or debit or credit receipt)*
• *STEAM WALLET ( All country)*
• *GOOGLE PLAY*
: *Instant payment
Whatsap/Call -08157481110
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by KrystosCJ(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Zonacom:
3 deaths in 6 months. Could be unconnected to the burning of the shrine though

This makes sense. They may have taken ill and died.

Truth is, we all know that after this kind of sensational heading, most readers will jump to the conclusion that the deceased priests were snooping around for trouble after the demolition of the shrines. Others will argue that those deaths aren't mere coincidence.

Just like the owner of the quote below;

Power pass power? Why did they too go and start burning shrines? Who send dem work?

Me? Let the reporter who brought out this piece do some more investigation and help us understand the truth.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by freecocoa(f): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ngwanu, amadioha is showing them who's boss.

Really sad! lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by GrammarCheck: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
ednut1:
Lies from the pit of hell. The missionaries who destroyed the so called powerful shrines in d 19th century y dem no die. This is murder abeg

So the 19th century missionaries are still alive... Humm..

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
Many times you warn these people that there are billions of Gods, and there is always conflict of interest.

As a Jesuit's Savior Program Priest who has little knowledge of the Beings that rule over this part of the planet and their hierarchies, you have no right to claim territory, neither is it right to dislocate beings who have found root and are actually the custodians of certain territories.

Now, I hope they even let your ghosts cross the lower astral plane. In death, they may even be trapped to answer for their actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by nazablossom(f): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
People can act on behalf of the Oracle while the Oracle takes the glory of doing the job. But I think it's not advisable to burn people's place of worship because you think they are wrong, what happened to freedom of worship?

4 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ur not strong and ur destroying shrines

3 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Kingsley1000(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good riddance

2 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Kingsley1000(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
the gods must be crazy
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Kingsley1000(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
AMADIOHA

1 Like

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by kosire(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why lie with the name of a deceased priest when you don't know the beginning and the end of the whole story....
As a matter of fact, the priest hails from my town but is working as the parish priest of the aforementioned parish.
He has been sick for quite long, we didn't really know of his failing health until mid 2017 when his dad died. He suffered from low sugar accompanied by HBP, this sickness ultimately claimed his life...
Don't go around peddling gibberish because u think you can type...
Don't incure the wrath of the dead..

6 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Assassin101: 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
why destroy another man's worship site?

forcing someone to leave their practice is totally wrong

its called Jihad in islam, and its what the jihadists do that people lament over

You don't impose religion on people

preach what you can, who will convert will surely convert and who wouldn't, would never budge

some people are actually created to be the way they are

3 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by greenguy: 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
The dead priests are not even involved in the destruction. Apparently the deaths are just a coincidence and this story is twisted to make a powerless god look able.

2 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Bakrabas: 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thank God it's not fulani, who would they accuse of their death? Buhari or Fulani?
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by PierreAbutu(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The Catholic community in Igbo – Ukwu village, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State - has been thrown into mourning again after losing another parish priest to the cold hands of death. The deceased identified as Reverend Father Christopher Azolibe, was the Catholic parish priest of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, the foremost Catholic community in Igbo-ukwu town.

Until his death Fr Azolibe also served as the Dean of the Igbo-ukwu Catholic Deanary and also Chairman of ICCPC.

Mixed feelings have continued to rise over the death of the priest as it was revealed that this is the third catholic priest to die this year 2108 after the Christian community in the town carried out a crusade that led to burning of shrines on December 29th, 2017. Their deaths were happened within a space of six months.

According to reports, the traditionalists in Igboukwu threatened a showdown with the Catholic Church earlier this year over the destruction of about 15 shrines and ancient artifacts in the community.

They specifically fingered Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma (Ebube Muonso), the spiritual director of Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry, Uke for orchestrating the destruction during his December 29, 2017 crusade at Central Primary School Field, Igboukwu.

The traditionalists had received information that the priest was coming for community "cleansing" and had written to the Parish Priest of the host church, urging the parishioners to steer clear of their religious sites.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/catholic-priest-reverend-father-christopher-azolibe-dies-in-igboukwu.html

Job they would have assigned to Chinasa Nwosu and D.K. Olukoya
may their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by kosire(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
there is absolutely no connection between the shrine destruction n the death of the priest..
If the reporter thinks he knows better..
Am still here to clear his confused mind

1 Like

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Christians are to traditionalists what Islam is to them. Why can't we learn religious tolerance? Stop assaulting the traditionalists. They also have right of worship

4 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by chumaster(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
angry

OP, please can you name the other two priests you claimed also died in the same town within 6 month.

Be careful what you wish for!

FYI, my hometown is a stone throw from the border btw my town and Igbo-ukwu. Yet I am yet to know where you got the information from about 3 PRIESTS when I only know of Fr Azolibe who died from a long time ailment

1 Like

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by thunderbabs: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
Tell ur priests that spiritual battle of today has passed holy water and rosary level.... You must be carrying fire from inside-out.... Not this one una go dey sprinkle water on powers wey don occupy territory since 700yrs ago.

Even prophets with fire sef no dey pass their boundary. They know what to face and what should be left alone.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
LET ME COMMENT AND BE GOING
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Sheneh45(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
They are doing what God himself did not send them, y will they b burning shrine?? They just waste their lives, anyways rest in peace and next time you come back into the earth I doubt it if there is anyways, you all will mind una businesses

1 Like

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by muyiwatosin: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
wether the story is true or false, but i know juju can kill slowly.
"dont cast out devil if you are not God's"
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by no1madman(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Boobs evening

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by sexdoll: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
trouble dey im own

you come carry your own wahala go meet am.

e don shele na.

make una go burn down another shrine na.

una think say the gods of our forefathers no strong?

oyibo carry their stupid and useless religion come confuse our people come dey tell us say our own religion na idol worship.

2 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Shaev7(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
so they think it's the juju that killed the priest. Lol funny people with their thinking.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Atigba: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
so it took six whole months for the useless and powerless oracle to react? This is just a co-incidence.BTW where the affected priests the ones who burnt the shrine?

The gods are wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Lines Up Bachelors In Church, Asks Single Ladies To Select For Marriage / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, Is He Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.