Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? (560 Views)

Loans Apps That Don’t Defame Their Customers In Nigeria / UBA Customers Care Staff Are Very Callous To Their Customers / What Is Done With The N52.50 Charged For ATM Card Maintenance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by skayT: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
I am still finding it puzzling to understand the rationale behind banks charging customers card maintenance fees. To start with, I pay to get the debit card. When I eventually get it, it's my sole responsibility to keep it safe and intact. Once my card goes missing, mutilated or tampered with in any way, I take absolute responsibility of paying to get another.
So, in all of this, what exactly is the bank maintaining? I need someone to explain to me in plain terms, why Nigerian banks should keep debiting me for card maintenance?
Re: Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by thesicilian: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
It's for washing and ironing the card.
Re: Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by Divatochi(f): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
thesicilian:
It's for washing and ironing the card.
cheesy grin cry
Re: Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by izzou(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
grin

Forget the name. They just want to milk the customers, not dry though cool

Re: Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
its totally outrageous. they charge for almost anything this days.
always looking for ways to take from the masses
Re: Why Does Nigerian Banks Charge Their Customers "Monthly Card Maintenance" Fees? by psucc(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
Just received a debit alert from UBA of N52 for Card Maintenance fee. This country, anything goes. Just pray you breakthrough to the other side of Nigeria where you only earned.
Fame333:
its totally outrageous. they charge for almost anything this days.
always looking for ways to take from the masses

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News / Make $200 To $400 Every Month Using Google Admob/adsense App Advertising / Courting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.