Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Stirring Up The Gift Of Eternal Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stirring Up The Gift Of Eternal Life (243 Views)

The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire / Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death / Without obedience to Yahushua/Ten Commandments; no hope of eternal life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stirring Up The Gift Of Eternal Life by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Stirring Up The Gift Of Eternal Life

We have established that being born again is an adoption into sonship. It is a call that places you in the life class of God.

What you receive at new birth is the same eternal life force that makes God, God.

Adam had the same life force before he ate the forbidden fruit. What he lost Jesus came to restore.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Eternal life is a gift from God. It is released or imparted at the instance of your professing Jesus as the Lord of your life.

It is not something you work hard for. You don’t need to struggle for it. It immediately translates you to a higher order of living.

Free as it is, not many have been able to enter into its full benefits. There are some who have been born again for 20 years without any visible evidence of that life.

God’s life is light. And just as light is reflective, so ought your life in God reflect his light that is in you.

The truth however, is that just like any other gift, God’s gift to you at salvation remains dormant or even wasted except you take steps to utilize it.

Apostle Paul was worried that his ministry son, Timothy was in danger of falling into complacent ignorance that has left many gifts wasted among believers.

Wrote Paul:
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
2 Timothy 1:6

Paul meant to say that the gift would not produce without the practical involvement of the receiver.

The gift will only be provoked to produce when it is stirred up. Believers who are manifesting their sonship are the ones who have learnt to stir up their gift.

The vast majority are not manifesting because their gift is left dormant.

You have a responsibility to stir up the gift if you want it to produce the effect for which it was given.

How To Stir Up The Gift

In the physical, any stirring operation is carried out with a rod.

You need a rod to stir your porridge if all the ingredients must mix properly for the taste to come out.

The sugar in your tea cup will remain settled down at the bottom of the cup until you stir it up with a spoon which is a kind of rod.

If you must enjoy the sweetness of your tea, stirring the sugar is inevitable.

In the spiritual, for any spiritual gift to produce, a spiritual rod is also required. It is the stirring of the gift with the rod that will lead to your profiting by the gift.

Knowledge is God’s instrument for stirring up every spiritual gift that is deposited inside man including the gift of eternal life.

The gift is provoked into manifestation through the knowledge of God.

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2 Peter 1:3-4

Divinity or eternal life is contained in God’s word. The word is the carrier of divine nature when the light of heaven is shed on it.

What you read from the Bible are no ordinary words or letters. They are so only to those who seek mere information from it.

But when it is received as a revelation or when illumination comes upon it, it communicates the life of God.

Jesus said:
...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 6:63

All the precious promises of God are gift packages to the believer. They are all intended to make him a partaker of the divine nature.

With these promises in hand, you should be able to release or operate the divine nature.

The divine is already there, but for you to partake of it, you need the knowledge of the great and exceeding precious promises.

What you don’t know, you can’t partake in.

A lady ran to me sometime in 1984, full of tears. She had a threatened abortion.

According to her she saw blood and fear gripped her heart. I asked her; “Was it blood you had or a baby? If I cut my flesh with a razor blade what you will see is blood. Is that a baby?”

The moment I said that the gloom on her face turned to smiles.

Now she had told herself she had an abortion. She said what she saw and ignored God’s word.

God’s word said “There shall nothing cast (abort) their young…” (Exodus 23:26).

That lady’s husband was out of town but the pregnancy was sustained. Lack of knowledge of God’s word was responsible for her anxiety.

Ignorance threatened her ability to sustain the pregnancy. The ability to sustain it was there, but she didn’t know it.

Many of God’s people are perishing today because they lack knowledge of what God says about their situation.

Many are in financial bondage, because they are watching the economic barometer and stock exchange ratings of their countries, at the expense of what God’s word says about their welfare even in the face of calamities.

Being saved is not a deprivation. It is not a call to suffering or hardship. It is an entrance into a life of honour and dignity.

God has called us to a life of glory and virtue by making all things that pertain to life and godliness available to us.

But we can only actualize them through knowledge.

To Be Continued...

Releasing The Supernatural, David Oyedepo.

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, 08126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua At 55: Succour To A Troubled World / The Futility Of Religious Practices In Securing Salvation / Six Days Fasting After Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.