Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

5 Biggest Technology Myths - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Biggest Technology Myths (27860 Views)

5 Biggest Misconception Nigerian Have About Online Purchases And E-commerce / BLOOD MOON: Myths And Superstitious Beliefs From Around The World / Common Most Believed Technology Myths And Misconceptions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by hope4nigeria(m): 6:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Tolams16:
Pls i beg u in the name of God. Watch, like and comment sometin on this video. https://www.instagram.com/p/BjfarDlh--h/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1meuxjyfuownl Pls help me to win, abeg!! As you do this may God surprise you this month. (Amen). Thank you.
for waitin? Send data for us to watch na
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by TheUbermensch: 6:07am On Jun 13, 2018
The number 5 point tho.

Most people still don't understand that's why they masturbate whenever any of these Chinese OEMs release 20+ MP.

But Samsung and iPhone be sticking to 12-16MP.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dafeyankee: 6:10am On Jun 13, 2018
mxpinky:
you don't know what you don't know.
Cc: is dumb

I love when girls fight . It always end with titties,bra,yansh and everything showing.

Far better than a X site.

You girls should fight joor.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by mxpinky: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2018
dafeyankee:

I love when girls fight . It always end with titties,bra,yansh and everything showing.

Far better than a X site.

You girls should fight joor.
lol i won't fight with my fist o my mouth holds a heavy punch
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Good article for those that cares!
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dafeyankee: 6:12am On Jun 13, 2018
mxpinky:
lol i won't fight with my fist o my mouth holds a heavy punch

Hissss.

No hope for me here to see anything be that.

Wetin she do?snatched your boyfriend here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Codeman01(m): 6:13am On Jun 13, 2018
You are very correct except for the no1, MAC PCs and other Device were built with encrypted end to end users security which make it most difficult for hackers to get into you secured files on the device, unlike other Android phones, either you turn on your location or not, you can Always be traced but as for IOS its relatively impossible to trace and many other more points I can't itemize here
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by mxpinky: 6:15am On Jun 13, 2018
dafeyankee:

Hissss.
No hope for me here to see anything be that.
Wetin she do?snatched your boyfriend here?
lol he's a guy am have crush on him because of his backwarding bbq business
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dafeyankee: 6:23am On Jun 13, 2018
mxpinky:
lol he's a guy
am have crush on him because of his backwarding bbq business

That moniker is a man's moniker?it looks feminine.

Okay, if he does not reciprocate your crush, please come and try this Warri man.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by mxpinky: 6:27am On Jun 13, 2018
dafeyankee:

That moniker is a man's moniker?it looks feminine.

Okay, if he does not reciprocate your crush, please come and try this Warri man.
lol you wan him to fight you ?
i just de on my own o before him come the quote me anyhow o and any small thin e go come de cry to lala
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dafeyankee: 6:28am On Jun 13, 2018
mxpinky:
lol you wan him to fight you ?
i just de on my own o before him come the quote me anyhow o and any small thin e go come de cry to lala

Forget about that guy.

Try a real man.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by miniziter(m): 6:31am On Jun 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning

To

All my fellow Jobless people.

It go better.

Nice write up. Even if I did not read the article, JohnQueen has explained everything.

That's why you're still jobless. I mean because you can't read.

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Centcanada: 6:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Morning my people. Nice topic this morning
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dnawah(m): 6:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Jacktheripper:
1. APPLE LAPTOPS ARE THE BEST FOR PROGRAMMING /MACS ARE BETTER THAN THE PCS: Macs are just swag, and programmers like to carry them just for the trend of it. We’ve attached the higher price of Mac to mean higher quality. However, there’s no data backing the fact that an Apple MacBook is better for programming, and don’t try to pull the no-virus card → . Definitely, there are Macs that are better than some PCs but the case is also vice versa.

2.UPDATES MAKES YOUR PHONE FASTER
Nothing could be further from the truth. A patch for a bug fix or to clear up a security issue will help your device protected nonetheless. But OS and frequent app updates creates heavier apps that require powerful hardware compatibility. That’s the reason your phone gets slower.
Just update the necessary apps, and help your phone for optimized performance. You’ll be amazed by the results.

3.FREE WI-FI
Your information and usage is the price you pay, hence it’s not free. When unencrypted, the whole network could be compromised leading to snooping your private information and monitor all your activities especially to steal your online banking details like internet banking, Amazon wallet and pay-pal free Wi-Fi is the best bet.
It can not only be monitored by the hotspot provider but also for everyone within the Wi-Fi range. So an eavesdropper can position himself between you and the hotspot. Once the eavesdropper has your information, he can — at his leisure — access your systems as if he were you.

4.PRIVATE /INCOGNITO BROWSING KEEPS YOU ANONYMOUS -There’s a misconception that “incognito” and “private” are synonymous with anonymous. If you’re using Incognito Mode in Google Chrome or Private browsing in Safari, it simply means the browser won’t keep track of your history, import your bookmarks, or automatically log into any of your accounts. Basically, it's good for keeping other people who use your computer from seeing what you've been doing. But it won’t keep your identity hidden from the sites you visit or your ISP — so keep that in mind if you’re visiting sites you shouldn’t be.

5 MORE MEGAPIXELS ALWAYS MEANS A BETTER CAMERA
What’s the difference between 12 megapixel cameras and 8 megapixel cameras? Not much, as it turns out. The quality of an image is determined in large part by how much light the sensor is able to take in. Bigger sensors may come with larger pixels, and the larger the pixel the more light it can absorb. So, it’s really the size of the pixels that matter as much or more than the sheer number of pixels. (A megapixel is simply shorthand for a million pixels.)

Chie!if Tecno and itel + others see u them go break ur head o!
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by SHEAU(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2018
DhatPeacefuldud:
Mehn, I disagree with number 3
What's free is free tongue
Anyway, World Cup is upon us and I'm supporting my beloved country, Federal Republic of West Brom, to the fullest cool
Which country is that?
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by khalhokage(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Codeman01:
You are very correct except for the no1, MAC PCs and other Device were built with encrypted end to end users security which make it most difficult for hackers to get into you secured files on the device, unlike other Android phones, either you turn on your location or not, you can Always be traced but as for IOS its relatively impossible to trace and many other more points I can't itemize here

Oga, he's talking about Mac OS not iOS.
Yes iOS is more secure than Android but even then it still gets hacked and exploited, as for MAC it gets hacked less because it's less common than Windows, Windows isn't only common amongst the average consumer but it is also the goto enterprise OS, from banks to governments they all use Windows, while MACs are used mostly by creative professionals like people in the movie making field.
As for programmers, they favor Linux more.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by mxpinky: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2018
dafeyankee:

Forget about that guy.
Try a real man.
lol seek approval from him
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by toniacan(f): 6:49am On Jun 13, 2018
Now I know that more megapixel doesn't equate to a better camera.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by randomme: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:
Oh lawd. I never knew number 2.

I have a newly approved UK adsense for sale at a very cheap price call/WhatsApp 090-64-17604-2

Then go and sell it. grin tongue
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Neoteny(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2018
The last one. The postprocessing software matters as much as, if not better than, pixel sizes. This is what makes Google Pixel phones (despite the name) absolute photography beasts.

All the sensor sizes cannot overcome poor camera software.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Williamso(m): 7:01am On Jun 13, 2018
By this time 2 years ago, I would have strongly agreed with your number 1. Now I have to strongly disagree.

It's not about swag, Macs are better for programming than Windows-based PCs... This doesn't necessarily mean they are better at everything though
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2018
randomme:

Then go and sell it. grin tongue

Haha you got me there, but I'm listing it for sale already grin
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 13, 2018
WOREFA
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2018
Jacktheripper:

4.PRIVATE /INCOGNITO BROWSING KEEPS YOU ANONYMOUS -There’s a misconception that “incognito” and “private” are synonymous with anonymous. If you’re using Incognito Mode in Google Chrome or Private browsing in Safari, it simply means the browser won’t keep track of your history, import your bookmarks, or automatically log into any of your accounts. Basically, it's good for keeping other people who use your computer from seeing what you've been doing. But it won’t keep your identity hidden from the sites you visit or your ISP — so keep that in mind if you’re visiting sites you shouldn’t be.
Not true, you can easily hide from any site with the help of (RDP) Remote Desktop Program, if you're not mobile there are lots of them u can use E.G HMA
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 13, 2018
from point 1. I clearly remember one idiot I wanted to produce a song for... he insisted I use apple because he believes it will sound better... I was like.....WTF
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2018
Check our signature and call us or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat us DIRECTLY - 08027390046
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by G8Arthur(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
Jacktheripper:
1. APPLE LAPTOPS ARE THE BEST FOR PROGRAMMING /MACS ARE BETTER THAN THE PCS: Macs are just swag, and programmers like to carry them just for the trend of it. We’ve attached the higher price of Mac to mean higher quality. However, there’s no data backing the fact that an Apple MacBook is better for programming, and don’t try to pull the no-virus card → . Definitely, there are Macs that are better than some PCs but the case is also vice versa.

2.UPDATES MAKES YOUR PHONE FASTER
Nothing could be further from the truth. A patch for a bug fix or to clear up a security issue will help your device protected nonetheless. But OS and frequent app updates creates heavier apps that require powerful hardware compatibility. That’s the reason your phone gets slower.
Just update the necessary apps, and help your phone for optimized performance. You’ll be amazed by the results.

3.FREE WI-FI
Your information and usage is the price you pay, hence it’s not free. When unencrypted, the whole network could be compromised leading to snooping your private information and monitor all your activities especially to steal your online banking details like internet banking, Amazon wallet and pay-pal free Wi-Fi is the best bet.
It can not only be monitored by the hotspot provider but also for everyone within the Wi-Fi range. So an eavesdropper can position himself between you and the hotspot. Once the eavesdropper has your information, he can — at his leisure — access your systems as if he were you.

5 MORE MEGAPIXELS ALWAYS MEANS A BETTER CAMERA
What’s the difference between 12 megapixel cameras and 8 megapixel cameras? Not much, as it turns out. The quality of an image is determined in large part by how much light the sensor is able to take in. Bigger sensors may come with larger pixels, and the larger the pixel the more light it can absorb. So, it’s really the size of the pixels that matter as much or more than the sheer number of pixels. (A megapixel is simply shorthand for a million pixels.)

Op may be the master of the tool he bore as name. Op, if u have a Hat on ur head, not minding any of the 3 colors, kindly pm me. We are here, they can't see us, but we see ourselves. Thankyou.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Jacktheripper: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
G8Arthur:

Op may be the master of the tool he bore as name. Op, if u have a Hat on ur head, not minding any of the 3 colors, kindly pm me. We are here, they can't see us, but we see ourselves. Thankyou.

The hell?
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Thojan(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
Number one is so true. I remember programming guys back then in school.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Constructs Local Car With Condemned Parts He Picked From Trash / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months / 10 Cool Things About Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.