Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! (797 Views)

Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / If You Apply For Subsea 7 Graduate Engineer Training Let Meet Here / All UN, AU, ECOWAS Job Applicants Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
If you are working as a windows server admin. Or systems engineer (MCSE). Let's come in here and relate and share ideas on how to be more efficient or further our career.

We are also encouraged to share any challenge you might have encountered in line of duty

1 Like

Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by rushman003: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2018
Hi my name is Abdulrasheed
I'm currently being faced with a problem while installing windows server 2016 on HP proliant dl530 server, after the whole OS installation it brought out a command interface instead of GUI, so i want to know what could be wrong or do to use the GUI for configuration.

Thanks
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
rushman003:
Hi my name is Abdulrasheed
I'm currently being faced with a problem while installing windows server 2016 on HP proliant dl530 server, after the whole OS installation it brought out a command interface instead of GUI, so i want to know what could be wrong or do to use the GUI for configuration.

Thanks

Hello Rasheed, from what you wrote, I can deduce you are not using a virtualization but just installing straight on the system. Anyways, while instaalling, make sure not to choose the server core installation process because it seems thats the problem. Do a total overhaul, try to reinstall, choose GUI and then lets see what might be wrong.

HOPE THAT HELPS

1 Like

Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by rushman003: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
EphraimBoat:

Hello Rasheed, from what you wrote, I can deduce you are not using a virtualization but just installing straight on the system. Anyways, while instaalling, make sure not to choose the server core installation process because it seems thats the problem. Do a total overhaul, try to reinstall, choose GUI and then lets see what might be wrong.

HOPE THAT HELPS

Thank boss! We have resolved it already and it was our mistake, we chose core as you said
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by tunji1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
I am Oladimeji Johnson Olatunji.I serve as Both Server Network Administrator
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
rushman003:

Thank boss! We have resolved it already and it was our mistake, we chose core as you said

You are welcome, glad to help.

Is it a work environment?
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by rushman003: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
EphraimBoat:

You are welcome, glad to help.

Is it a work environment?

No its for a client and we are even looking at setting up an active directory and probably virtualization if they are ready
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
rushman003:

No its for a client and we are even looking at setting up an active directory and probably virtualization if they are ready

cool, feel free to get in touch right on this forum incase you come across any challenge. you can also update us as you continue so as to encourage others.

Good night
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by rushman003: 8:34am On Jul 12, 2018
EphraimBoat:

cool, feel free to get in touch right on this forum incase you come across any challenge. you can also update us as you continue so as to encourage others.

Good night

Thanks boss
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by sweetval: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2018
Morning guys. I just finished my MCSA training and my challenge is where I can attach myself to gain more experience. I live in Uyo..
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
sweetval:
Morning guys. I just finished my MCSA training and my challenge is where I can attach myself to gain more experience. I live in Uyo..

written the exam?
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by sweetval: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
EphraimBoat:

written the exam?
Not yet bro. I don't have the finance yet but with time I will. I just need to work to get more experience and also prepare for the exams.
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Creating whatsapp group will be better....my suggestion.
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
tunji1:
I am Oladimeji Johnson Olatunji.I serve as Both Server Network Administrator

Hello, Mr Tunji. Nice to meet you. How is the journey so far being a server administrator
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
sweetval:
Not yet bro. I don't have the finance yet but with time I will. I just need to work to get more experience and also prepare for the exams.

I quite understand your plight. You can write the exams sparingly one at a time till when you are done. Because having that certificate gives you a bigger edge. Most people cram for the exams, pass and learn on the job(not a good move) but this is Nigeria.
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
sir09:
Creating whatsapp group will be better....my suggestion.

Thanks Sir09, will consider that when we gain numbers and become very active on this thread. How is work and what is your story
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by sweetval: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys. Thanks Ephraim. Any server admin here in Uyo I could work with to gain more experience. Even without pay sef I will work just to gain experience more.
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by Gbengageorge: 5:39am On Jul 17, 2018
Hello everyone, I think it will be nice to have a watsap group to follow up with this page. Where people can post useful information and job opportunities. IMO

1 Like

Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
You can create and drop the links here so we can join, we can share ideas and employment opportunities
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by tunji1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=EphraimBoat post=69325742]

Hello, Mr Tunji. Nice to meet you. How is the journey so far being a server administrator.

Thanks Ephraim.It has been very challenging.Those employers think once you are an IT Expert.It is their believe that you know everything about IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=tunji1 post=69807892][/quote]

Don't mind them. Yet the pay doesn't justify the amount of input. You will see a company seeking a virtualization expert that is good at networking, server administration, exchange server, ITIL, good at python, perl and co. And at the end they will want to give you 120k.

So pathetic
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by EphraimBoat: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
sweetval:
Hi guys. Thanks Ephraim. Any server admin here in Uyo I could work with to gain more experience. Even without pay sef I will work just to gain experience more.

Anybody that cab help our sweet val please?
Re: Windows Server Administrators, Let's Meet Here!! by vilee(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
Am into servers but am yet to write the exams, looking for community of tech guys like me has always been my major problem but thanks to nairaland now i can share problems i encounter in the field with others

(1) (Reply)

. / Nownow Mobile Money Agent...come Join Our Team / The Following People Are Urgently Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.