Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself (5377 Views)

Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos) / Lagos Airport Empty Amidst High Cost Of Flight Tickets (Photos, Video) / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by HighFlyer01: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
I travel a lot and I often get asked, how I find cheap flight tickets. So I thought I would share what I know. Here are some tips for finding cheap flights:

Use flight comparison websites

There are some great flight comparison websites like www.flightscanner.com.ng which you can use for free to check flight ticket prices with all the leading airlines. This is really handy because I do not need to check the ticket prices with each individual airline. They also allow you to combine multiple airlines in one booking. For example, Dana Air might be cheapest from Lagos to Abuja, but Air Peace might be cheapest from Abuja to Lagos. These two flights with different airlines can be combined into one booking.

Flexible travel dates

So remember, to book cheap flights, you need to be a little flexible. Depending on where you fly to, certain days of the week will be much cheaper than others. Mid-week flights are often much cheaper than flights on a Friday or Monday. Many business travellers will book flights for a Sunday night or Monday morning pushing up the prices during those times. They will also probably fly back home on Friday afternoon or evening. So what you need to do is to book your flights when the least number of people are travelling.

Join newsletters

I have joined a couple of newsletters from flight comparison websites and I get notified of flight deals. For example, today I got a deal for flights to Dubai or Johannesburg, from only N148,299. That was a pretty good deal.

Be flexible about who you fly with

Try to be flexible about who you fly with. Sure you might love Qatar Airways, but don’t just consider them as other airlines might have cheaper flights. Again, that’s why I like the flight comparison websites because they show you flights with all the airlines and I usually go for the cheapest one. Being loyal to an airline can cost you a lot of money.

I hope that has given you an idea about how you can book cheap flights. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by HighFlyer01: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2018
Another tip I forgot to mention:

Join the frequent flyer programs of the airlines you fly with. Even if you don't become a Gold or Platinum member, you will often be the first to know about special]pecail offers.
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by Creamychic(f): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2018
HighFlyer01:
Another tip I forgot to mention:

Join the frequent flyer programs of the airlines you fly with. Even if you don't become a Gold or Platinum member, you will often be the first to know about special]pecail offers.
Great tips! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Cheaper than wakanow or just an alternative?
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by HighFlyer01: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Cheaper than wakanow or just an alternative?

Well last week I booked return flights to Paris for only ₦240,000 which was way cheaper than I could find on Wakanow.

1 Like

Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by MrBigiman: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kiwi.com is ok
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by Adam4234: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
That's a pretty good price

HighFlyer01:

Well last week I booked return flights to Paris for only ₦240,000 which was way cheaper than I could find on Wakanow.
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by Benjamin702: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
Searching for airline tickets is not so difficult now, as there are many good sites that will help you find the best flight based on your preferences for price and connections. I think it's even easier to plan trips with these web products.
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by JanettFlower: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thanks for the recommendations. I travel quite often due to business trips. Most of the time I fly business class. But buying tickets is what I don't like to do most of all. Luckily I have business class travel agents who find the best flight options for me. And I can not worry about my trip.
Re: How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself by Chukatabra: 12:09am On Oct 06, 2023
Rules number 1 - always browse incognito and book your ticket early. Also, consider breaking your flights as direct ones are way more expensive. Those are the rules I live by.

I got them and many more from this resource - https://blog.changera.co/hacks-for-getting-a-cheap-flight-ticket/

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Tourists/people Risking Their Lives Around The World / Uk Or Canada?which To Choose? / Ghana Vs South Africa Which Is Better For A Freelancer To Migrate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.